This video blew my f***ing mind about the Metroid series!

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I loved many games as a kid, but the two games that introduced me to suspense/horror was the original Metroid and Super Metroid.

I played them both within two weeks of eachother, and as a young kid they certainly screwed with my imagination. It was the only games that had isolation, suspense, and a creepy soundtrack back in that era.

Although I never played through any games after it, I paid close attention to any storyline summaries to any new games after Super Metroid, so I admired it from afar. But I never dove into the theories some of the fans came up with... until now.

This video blew my mind with EVERYTHING reguarding Metroid's storyline. If you have 15 minutes and at least a casual interest in the Metroid series, I can't recommend this enough.

15 minutes? I don't know...

It's a total mind-fuck, in the best way possible that a youtube video can fuck your mind, and without using drugs.

Ok, perhaps that's overhyping it, but it's so worth watching.

Love me some game theory.

I hadn't played any metroid games other than super metroid but played the hell out if it. I'll never look at those cute aliens the same again. I wonder though. If the x parasite as present on zebus, the how come it wasn't infecting space pirates and stuff? Only major flaw I see, but I'm no x parasite expert.

I'll have to check this out later. I loved Metroid.

Don't waste your time guys, this video is way too long and full of too much fluff. I'll put the main story here in a spoiler :

1. The cute little cuddly creatures you find in Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion are not what they seem.
2. They are "X-Parasites" (from Metroid Fusion) who are spreading the X-parasite throughout the galaxy.
3. Their only enemy was the metroids, but Samus hunted them all down and killed them.
4. So the cuddly creatures are not your buddies, but they're only helping you so you can continue to kill their only enemy.

Thanks. Was the narrator British? British streamers LOVE to hear themselves talk.....

Thanks. Was the narrator British? British streamers LOVE to hear themselves talk.....

No, he's usually really good and I've enjoyed some of his videos, but this one had so little content. Most of this is just him saying the same stuff over and over since it's a very simple concept. 5 minutes and this would have been a decent video, but 15? Get out of here with that waste. Anyway, kind of a cool fan theory, but not really "fucking mind blowing" as the OP had described.

Back