Media This Tuesday Colby will have Zero (0) top 10 wins

None of the top fighters in the division have fought each other. Masvidal has no wins over anyone in the current top 10, yet he got not one but 2 title shots. It's called smart matchmaking. You face prospects you want to promote against old names that are going out. Of course the old names that are going out won't be in the rankings 2 years after the fight, that's why you put them against prospects you want to promote.

Even Edwards doesn't have wins against the "current top 10" except for a 4 year old win over Luque, which doesn't bear on giving him a title shot right now. In actuality, it doesn't make sense to expect fighters to have wins against the current top 10 because A. fighters fight like twice a year max but the rankings change very frequently so a fighter in the top 10 when the fight happened could easily not be in the top 10 2 years later when we're discussing the validity of a title shot, but that doesn't mean the fight was less impressive at the time, and because many fighters lose their top 10 spots precisely because they lost the fighters ranked in the top. This is an entirely frivolous point.
In no division will you find a number 1 contender with ZERO top tens wins!

Especially a number 1 contender about to get a title shot

Not even in the Women divisions lol

170 is truly TRASH

Masvidal did not really pout. He had enough money and clout to wait for the perfect fight. He's (un)lucky the Champ had a chip on his shoulder over the whole six days notice thing
He absolutely pouted, had ample opportunity to take another money spinning fight. I sure shit hope that if Colby and Usman is next and Colby manages to spring the upset the UFC don't give Masvidal a 3rd title shot, a 2nd without even fighting in between, it would be fucking ridiculous

170 is truly TRASH
You're so whiny it's incredible. The division is the way it is because a number of legends have recently left the division or the sport entirely, including Woodley, Maia, RDA, and Robbie Lawler. Colby beat Maia as his first fight 5 months after contending for the title. He beat RDA, a former UFC Champion, in the battle for the interim title. He beat a former champ in Robbie Lawler, and he beat another former champ in Woodley. You think he'd be a more worthy contender if only he beat Geoff Neal? You're joking. I understand these antics are entertaining to you so I won't stop you but you're not saying anything that Dana will care about that's for sure.

He absolutely pouted, had ample opportunity to take another money spinning fight. I sure shit hope that if Colby and Usman is next and Colby manages to spring the upset the UFC don't give Masvidal a 3rd title shot, a 2nd without even fighting in between, it would be fucking ridiculous
I feel Masvidal was about ready to take a fight but the champ called him out just in time

It's not sure cuckington will get the shot next and he if does Usman will beat up him again no problem :D

I feel Masvidal was about ready to take a fight but the champ called him out just in time

It's not sure cuckington will get the shot next and he if does Usman will beat up him again no problem :D
I fucking hope so, would be a joke if Masvidal got back to back title shots without having to do sweet fuck all

You're so whiny it's incredible. The division is the way it is because a number of legends have recently left the division or the sport entirely, including Woodley, Maia, RDA, and Robbie Lawler. Colby beat Maia as his first fight 5 months after contending for the title. He beat RDA, a former UFC Champion, in the battle for the interim title. He beat a former champ in Robbie Lawler, and he beat another former champ in Woodley. You think he'd be a more worthy contender if only he beat Geoff Neal? You're joking. I understand these antics are entertaining to you so I won't stop you but you're not saying anything that Dana will care about that's for sure.
Smartass learn to look at the context of those fights

Former, former and former. You are obsessed with take and don't even look at the context of those wins lol

Fucking Ben Askew beat former champion Lawler the fight before cuckington

Former champion woodley was dominated for 10 fucking rounds before he lost

Maia had lost woodley before he fought Cuckington

Only guy on a win that he BEAT in 3 fucking years is RDA <Lmaoo>

I fucking hope so, would be a joke if Masvidal got back to back title shots without having to do sweet fuck all
Ey he went the whole distance with the champ on six days notice and didn't get his jaw broken

He did the UFC a favor and brought tons of ppv buys in both fights

He's talking about the second title shot cuckington apparently is getting ...

That one would be undeserved and it would be mostly because of the trashtalk plus a win over a washed up 0-2 woodley

Lol no. Read his post again. He literally says that "Cuckington trash talked his way to the title shot and is doing it again"

He's saying he did it once and he's doing it again now. He's saying the first time was the Usman title shot, unless Colbz has had a title shot in the UFC that I somehow missed lol.

If the rematch happened sooner I think it would have made sense - Colby looked great against Usman but lost. If anyone thinks he's not a top 5 WW then you're obviously too much of a hater to realize that he is really good. However, Usman seems to improve in every outing and Colby hasn't shown that he can beat Usman. He needs a top win before I'm going to buy him fighting for the title again.

Lol no. Read his post again. He literally says that "Cuckington trash talked his way to the title shot and is doing it again"

He's saying he did it once and he's doing it again now. He's saying the first time was the Usman title shot, unless Colbz has had a title shot in the UFC that I somehow missed lol.
You are right. I didn't see the again part lol

Although cuckington technically used trash talks in both attemps to get a title shot only in the first attempt he had a resume to back up his claims back then

Holy crap, this division needs reshuffling. Who actually have beaten top10? Just Wonderboy, Edwards, and Chiesa?

170 is truly TRASH

Raging Al Laquita, no.1 contender without any top ten wins at the time.
Hendo, barely still ranked in top 15 when he fought for a title.

The "Heel" image improves the odds for less capable fighters to get a shot at the title.

Holy crap, this division needs reshuffling. Who actually have beaten top10? Just Wonderboy, Edwards, and Chiesa?
Only Wonderboy (Mas, Luque and Neal) really lol

Chiesa beat Magny, Edwards beat Luque

170 absolutely needs reshuffling

Those divas at WW that don't fight contenders should be cut. What use are you if you don't fight?

Raging Al Laquita, no.1 contender without any top ten wins at the time.
Hendo, barely still ranked in top 15 when he fought for a title.
Those guys never had a number one after their name. They had right circumstances happening for them. Cuckington has a number 1 besides his name.

He's the only #1 that doesn't have a current top 10 win

Name a fighter that went war with Usman for 5 rounds with a broken jaw.

Masvidal and Burns folded early and Leon will get folded early after he got rocked by a pillow fisted Diaz. Belal and the others stand no chance either.

That leaves Colby who was the only one who made the fight even because he has all the tools (press resistant, unlimited stamina and chin of 5 round) to do that.

Shertards need to leave emotions aside and face the fact that Colby is the only legitimiate threat to him and this precisely why Usman has been avoiding him.

Those guys never had a number one after their name. They had right circumstances happening for them. Cuckington has a number 1 besides his name.

He's the only #1 that doesn't have a current top 10 win

Would you be happier if Covington was ranked no.11 and got a title shot?

Would you be happier if Covington was ranked no.11 and got a title shot?
I would be happier if cuckington had a win over a Bisping like Hendo did

Or a win over a top 10 Kevin Lee like Al did

Those guys atleast had wins over back then current top 10 fighters

If cuckington could get a win over a current top 10 fighter That would me make happy.

Do you understand?

You are right. I didn't see the again part lol

Although cuckington technically used trash talks in both attemps to get a title shot only in the first attempt he had a resume to back up his claims back then

Yeh, he used trash talk both times, but he had earned the shot the first time regardless.

This time around, it's not so much trash talk that's getting him this next title shot though.

He was really quiet after Usman finished him. He's talking again now, but really, the main reason he's getting this second shot is because the first fight was a banger that people want to see again, and it wasn't some massive blow out. I mean, one judge had it even going into the 5th.

Neither Colby or Usman need to talk trash to make this next fight between them happen. The UFC knows the fans want to see it and that it will sell, and at the end of the day, that's the only thing that really matters to them from a business point of view.

Only Wonderboy (Mas, Luque and Neal) really lol

Chiesa beat Magny, Edwards beat Luque

170 absolutely needs reshuffling

Those divas at WW that don't fight contenders should be cut. What use are you if you don't fight?
With this in mind, if Wonderboy beats Burns, there should be zero argument about who the real contender is.

All these other "contenders" don't wanna contend against each other. If you dont want to get booked in a title eliminator, then you shouldn't be in running for the title and thus, should be removed from the rankings

Back