This talk of "Cain didn't try to take JDS down" is annoying

i would call Cains takedown of Bigfoot the weakest single I have seen in MMA. He lifted his foot up a foot off the ground and still Bigfoot fell.

And people use that to say Cain is back and is going to do the same to JDS. Its laughable. Great win for him but he showed nothing new in that fight. It was a less impressive attempt than the one against JDS which failed.

Cain was hurt. Only reason why JDS won. Velasquez by tko this time around. YES WE CAIN!!!

And people use that to say Cain is back and is going to do the same to JDS. Its laughable. Great win for him but he showed nothing new in that fight. It was a less impressive attempt than the one against JDS which failed.

Not to mention Bigfoot Silva is a far cry from JDS as far as athleticism goes.

Who cares If Cain drove a crane in there and tried to lift junior and drop him on his back.. its s fight, the whole point of fighting is to see who will implement their gameplsn in a bid to win..

Cain couldnt do anything and then junior punched him...

Not much more to it.

I thought Cain blew his knee week before the fight. That would impact his takedown ability

I haven't seen anyone point out that Cain did try to take Junior down. All anyone needs to do is rewatch their fight and about 30 seconds in, Junior throws the same front kick that Bigfoot threw, Cain catches the leg, and gets deeps in on a single.

He did not get deep on a single. If anything it was a weak attempt

It's gonna take at least 2 or 3 rounds of GnP from Cain to break someone like JDS so he better land more than one takedown this time around. I guess he could win by cut stoppage again but that would be pretty lame unless JDS was clearly outclassed.

I just don't think JDS fans should necessarily freak out if JDS gets taken down early on.

of course he tried, but he failed.

everyone who has an objective view on this fight can see it.

Back