This still from a recent indie film at Cannes is everything.

OK, it's a Terrence Malick film. That says a lot. That means that it will be a long, visually stunning piece that won't be heavy on plot & will have very spare dialog. Certainly not the sort of film that would be well received by most here on Sherdog. LOL.
Although to be fair I shouldn't be too critical of them as I've only seen his THE THIN RED LINE & THE NEW WORLD. I tried to watch THE TREE OF LIFE as well but only made it through about half of it because I just wasn't in the mindset to watch a lengthy drama with next to no dialog at the time. Malick's work is definitely an acquired taste.
I used to love his movies back when I got high. I no longer partake so I have zero interest watching them again, or attempting a new one.

I used to love his movies back when I got high. I no longer partake so I have zero interest watching them again, or attempting a new one.

Wow. What a good pairing that must have been. Terrence Malick & weed, that is. Those must have been some trippy experiences. LOL.
I totally get why you've given up on his stuff though. As visually stimulating as his movies are they seem to go on forever & a day with very little story to keep you interested.

Wow. What a good pairing that must have been. Terrence Malick & weed, that is. Those must have been some trippy experiences. LOL.
I totally get why you've given up on his stuff though. As visually stimulating as his movies are they seem to go on forever & a day with very little story to keep you interested.
plus, everyones attention spans are broken from social media and Youtube.

I'll grant you that one. I did feel a bit icky typing it.

giphy.gif

looks like a lack of indoor plumbing

no thanks

Another zombie love story? Warm bodies probably better..

I'd give this movie a watch? What is it? The dude sort of looks like Viggo Mortensin.

I'd give this movie a watch? What is it? The dude sort of looks like Viggo Mortensin.

IndyCovaHart was right. Its the basement Nazi officer from Inglorious Basterds. August Diehl.

Makes me think of the Browning of America, and the last white couple in the States remembering the Apple Pie days of America, when things just seemed right.
It's called
"The wall that never came"
Very cleverly done btw, if not misguided and race obsessed.

OK, it's a Terrence Malick film. That says a lot. That means that it will be a long, visually stunning piece that won't be heavy on plot & will have very spare dialog. Certainly not the sort of film that would be well received by most here on Sherdog. LOL.
Although to be fair I shouldn't be too critical of them as I've only seen his THE THIN RED LINE & THE NEW WORLD. I tried to watch THE TREE OF LIFE as well but only made it through about half of it because I just wasn't in the mindset to watch a lengthy drama with next to no dialog at the time. Malick's work is definitely an acquired taste.

For the average Sherdogger wanting to watch Malick I would recommend Badlands, a lot of focus on atmosphere but a great performance by Martin Sheen in a kind of Bonnie and Clyde like crime spree film with a decent pace to it.

For the average Sherdogger wanting to watch Malick I would recommend Badlands, a lot of focus on atmosphere but a great performance by Martin Sheen in a kind of Bonnie and Clyde like crime spree film with a decent pace to it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been meaning to watch that one for a long time now.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been meaning to watch that one for a long time now.

Think Taxi Driver but set in the mid west with s somewhat more layed back tone, Sheen's best performance for me even over Apoc Now.

Last edited:
Think Taxi Driver but set in the mid west with s somewhat more layed back tone, Sheen's best performance for me even over Apoc Now.

Doesn't it also have a pre-CARRIE Sissy Spacek as well? If so, then I have actually seen it but decades ago. I'll have to catch it again sometime soon.

Back