This Snippet Of Ronda Rousey Training Has Fans Worried About Her Safety

Still a better striker than almost every single female mixed martial artist on the planet

most male mixed martial artists can't box either

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Somehow got the second part right though.

Her striking was never going to improve enough to be competitive on the feet against a Nunes or Holm. It's whether or not her defense has improved enough to not get beat up too bad and be able to get the clinch/takedown. On the ground, she is just fine. I don't like Ronda at all, and I hope and think that Nunes whoops her, but whether or not Ronda can throw a good punch probably won't really matter in this match.
Your arguments are valid but I think you are missing the point. We are laughing at how hard she is trying to prove that she is some amazing striker. Dropping boxing world champs with body shots and stuff like that

Your arguments are valid but I think you are missing the point. We are laughing at how hard she is trying to prove that she is some amazing striker. Dropping boxing world champs with body shots and stuff like that
Monica, (I just found out what that means) I am totally on board with all of that. Her striking is awful, her coach is awful, her attitude is awful. I get all of that completely, and understand making fun of her awful boxing technique. I was just saying that I don't think whether or not she is any good at boxing(she isn't) is going to come in to play in this match. Unless she actually plans on going in there and out striking Nunes, her upside down punches shouldn't matter in this fight. Unless she is the dumbest mother fucker on this planet, this is a striker vs. grappler match, and whoever can impose their gameplan will probably win.

It's one of the greatest mysteries in modern MMA. How the fuck can Ronda not improve? She looks no different than she did in Strikeforce.

Her grappling is so good it doesn't matter, she is one of the elites in WMMA. But she was already at that level when she entered MMA years ago. And she doesn't look any better really than she did back in Strikeforce. Her footwork, head movement and striking juts look weird and awkward and ineffective.

It's bewildering that she doesn't look any better. I mean she is obviously a fantastic athlete or she would never have had the success in judo that she has had, I suppose it goes to show that you can be fantastic in one sport and abysmal in another, but I believe that had she been training under legit coaches the past 5 years she would at least look like someone who's profession involves punching people.

High level grappler went to a shitty bankrupt fraud striking coach so her lack of development is not a surprise. If she was at Jack/Wink she'd probably be able to stand at least with Holms before arm barring her.

Monica, (I just found out what that means) I am totally on board with all of that. Her striking is awful, her coach is awful, her attitude is awful. I get all of that completely, and understand making fun of her awful boxing technique. I was just saying that I don't think whether or not she is any good at boxing(she isn't) is going to come in to play in this match. Unless she actually plans on going in there and out striking Nunes, her upside down punches shouldn't matter in this fight. Unless she is the dumbest mother fucker on this planet, this is a striker vs. grappler match, and whoever can impose their gameplan will probably win.

Totally agree.

Nunes is a very winnable fight for Ronda if she can get it to the ground fast. But she has about 3 minute of gas tank to do that, after that Nunes will bust her up on the feet and probably KO Ronda.

you're mostly right but you underestimate the number of fat or skinny fat lazy slobs out there that if ronda got a hold of would get ragdolled by a girl.

If you watch a random selection of 10 street fights, you will be lucky to see a single one of the guys not throwing bum swings, closing his eyes and turning away from incoming punches and shutting down as soon as he eats the first punch. That's a representation of your average man.

The dummies on here who think that 'the average guy' is going to stop Ronda from tossing his ass on the pavement via 'striking' is delusional. Watching RJJ and Tyson tapes does not infuse the average male with their boxing skill.

Still a better striker than almost every single female mixed martial artist on the planet

most male mixed martial artists can't box either

Every fucking girl at 125 can strike better.

Ronda striking is on level of a dude who walks into a boxing gym and has had one lesson with his coach shouting at him about his wrist.

Totally agree.

Nunes is a very winnable fight for Ronda if she can get it to the ground fast. But she has about 3 minute of gas tank to do that, after that Nunes will bust her up on the feet and probably KO Ronda.
Ronda gas tank is tough to judge since most of her fights are quick. Nunes fades in all her long fights though, I would think a longer fight favors Ronda. As long as that fight is on the ground or in the clinch, of course. A long stand up fight is obviously in Nunes favor.

Ronda gas tank is tough to judge since most of her fights are quick. Nunes fades in all her long fights though, I would think a longer fight favors Ronda. As long as that fight is on the ground or in the clinch, of course. A long stand up fight is obviously in Nunes favor.

Ronda doesn't know how to pace herself. She just goes balls to the wall because that's how she wins, by overwelming opponents. Watch her second fight with Tate, both were moving like HWs at the end of round one. First time Ronda didn't rush in was against Holly and got rekt...and still gassed because she lost her cool and again didn't pace herself.

Ronda is just too emotional, she will either finish you fast or blow her whole wad doing it.

If you watch a random selection of 10 street fights, you will be lucky to see a single one of the guys not throwing bum swings, closing his eyes and turning away from incoming punches and shutting down as soon as he eats the first punch. That's a representation of your average man.

The dummies on here who think that 'the average guy' is going to stop Ronda from tossing his ass on the pavement via 'striking' is delusional. Watching RJJ and Tyson tapes does not infuse the average male with their boxing skill.

Ronda is ten serious boxing lessons away from your average 30 year old dude. Yeah, dudes fight like shit. But after a month they don't. Ronda has been years with a shitty fucking 'striking' coach.

I've won the battle of the bands 6 years in a row because of my godly guitar skills. I think I'm going to take piano lessons and hopefully win it with a Chopin piece next year.

Ronda doesn't know how to pace herself. She just goes balls to the wall because that's how she wins, by overwelming opponents. Watch her second fight with Tate, both were moving like HWs at the end of round one. First time Ronda didn't rush in was against Holly and got rekt...and still gassed because she lost her cool and again didn't pace herself.

Ronda is just too emotional, she will either finish you fast or blow her whole wad doing it.

Emotional doesn't explain why she wants to break her fucking wrist while punching. This is utterly atrocious bullshit technique.

I don't disagree. I am all for Nunes in this fight, as seeing Ronda win and then immediately fighting winner of Holm/Geronimo to become 2 division champ would be awful. I don't think she gassed out against Holm though, she just straight got her ass beat. As far as the 2nd fight with Tate, I haven't watched it since it happened, and I have no opinion because I don't remember.

Ronda is ten serious boxing lessons away from your average 30 year old dude. Yeah, dudes fight like shit. But after a month they don't. Ronda has been years with a shitty fucking 'striking' coach.

Haha please don't misunderstand me. I fucking hate Ronda, have always said that her striking and striking coach were frauds.

Ronda's white knights are still around? Lol

I seriously don't get how she would accept that that's okay or not notice that other fighters do not punch that way, lol. I mean what the fuck.

Back