This Snippet Of Ronda Rousey Training Has Fans Worried About Her Safety

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by koclem, Dec 16, 2016.

1. koclem

koclem Green Belt

WATCH ROUSEY’S STRIKING BELOW:

Ronda Rousey’s return to the Octagon is the undoubtedly the biggest comeback that the sport has seen in 2016 but a recent clip of her training in preparation for UFC 207 on December 30 has some fans worried.

In UFC 207: Extended Preview, released a couple of days ago, Rousey is seen talking about her desire to regain the women’s bantamweight strap that she lost to Holly Holm at UFC 193 in November 2015 after defending her title six times in a row.

But the part that has fans concerned and detractors pouring scorn on her is a training clip where Rousey is practicing her striking. In it, she can be seen blocking a punch before throwing one of her own.

The problem is, the little twist as they end of her strike is more than a little twist; it goes way beyond 90 degrees and looks, frankly, ridiculous.

Fans immediately took to social media to rip into the former champ and pour cold water on her chances against one of the top strikers in the bantamweight division, Amanda Nunes.

Rousey’s coach, Edmond Tarverdyan, has copped a lot of criticism in the past, especially after Rousey’s loss to Holm when he said that he thought she had (somehow) been the better striker in that fight.

In fact, Rousey’s own mother didn’t hold back when asked what she thought about the controversial coach: “I think Edmond is a terrible coach and I will say it publicly,” her mum, AnnMaria DeMars, said. “I think he’s a terrible coach. I think he hit the lottery when Ronda walked in there. She was winning before she ever met him. She probably won 99 percent of the judo matches she ever fought in.”

But not everybody thinks Tarverdyan has done a bad job with the superstar; commentator Joe Rogan was full of praise when asked about the coaches contribution to her striking game.

“Whether or not that guy Edmond has had success with some of his students, you can’t deny that he has worked wonders with her hands,” Rogan said. “Her striking ability…when she was warming up for that Bethe Correia fight, and they were Brazil on sand doing those pad drills together, she looked fantastic. You look at her when she first started striking and you look at her now, a big percentage of that is those two working together.”

source:

https://craziestsportsfights.com/watch-this-clip-of-ronda-rousey-has-fans-worried-about-her-safety/

[​IMG]

2. Z3N Gambler

Z3N Gambler Banned Banned

I'm sure that inverted cross would give one hell of a charlie horse.

3. MMAAAM

MMAAAM Banned Banned

4. DevilsLettuce

DevilsLettuce is a bit of a douchebag Banned

Tl;Dr - RHHHHONDA has no more fans, just a few white knights.

5. Herbal Dean

Herbal Dean Purple Belt

6. Cheapshart

Cheapshart A farce to be reckoned with.

Her boxing really is a whole mess of shit :(

7. LOLAinsleyHarriott

LOLAinsleyHarriott Stirring the Pot.

She's been doing it for ages. Unbelievable to think that professional coaches aren't correcting it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. chitoortiz

chitoortiz Silver Belt

9. Ottawaguy

Ottawaguy Gold Belt

Been saying that for ages, even when her former fans would stand by the ridiculous claims that she could beat most guys.

Sonner she goes away, the better.

10. Cooliox

Cooliox Steel Belt Platinum Member

11. ortizgnp

ortizgnp Juice Belt

keyword: snippet

12. geecore

geecore Blue Belt

Nunes is going to fuck up both Rondas fighting career and acting career in one night. CANT WAIT!!!

dmwalking, biscuitsbrah, Ikky and 3 others like this.
  13. Etype

Etype Orange Belt

you are not even aware that Ronda doesn't need any striking. She armbarred the shit out of most of her opponents using Judo as a means to get them to the floor...no fists needed.

These snippets are merely to show the greatness of Taverdyan.

14. Roca

Roca Banned Banned

It's one of the greatest mysteries in modern MMA. How the fuck can Ronda not improve? She looks no different than she did in Strikeforce.

Her grappling is so good it doesn't matter, she is one of the elites in WMMA. But she was already at that level when she entered MMA years ago. And she doesn't look any better really than she did back in Strikeforce. Her footwork, head movement and striking juts look weird and awkward and ineffective.

It's bewildering that she doesn't look any better. I mean she is obviously a fantastic athlete or she would never have had the success in judo that she has had, I suppose it goes to show that you can be fantastic in one sport and abysmal in another, but I believe that had she been training under legit coaches the past 5 years she would at least look like someone who's profession involves punching people.

15. Nukes

Nukes Reality Check

Yeh but Nunes has legit BJJ, I don't think it's going to be that easy for Ronda.

16. lefthighkick01

lefthighkick01 Brown Belt

Her strikings worse then Gabi Garcias

17. taurus

taurus Tiger knee belt

obligatory

18. Final Say

Final Say So Icey Belt

Still a better striker than almost every single female mixed martial artist on the planet

most male mixed martial artists can't box either

19. chrisss

chrisss Blue Belt

Poor Ronda, even when she isn't fat she still boxes like a fat person.

20. Myrddin Wild

Myrddin Wild Lets enjoy our time together!

I think she learned her lesson standing with Holm... but yes, very strange that hasn't been corrected yet.

Her main objective will be clinch, grind, throw, & submit.

Rondas Pillow likes this.