This simple graph shows why the economy is about to party like it's 1929

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by VivaRevolution, Aug 24, 2018.

1. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt Double Yellow Card

[​IMG]

Hey, I'm no ground hog expert, but that graph looks bad.

Are we on the verge of a economic collapse?

Discuss.......

2. GOATER

GOATER Banned Banned

Pepper your angus.

3. Rockapotomuss

Rockapotomuss Woke Based Poster

we had it so good ppl were becoming sjws

4. VivaRevolution

Lol

5. surrealworlds

surrealworlds Google->Kodi->Deceit Add-on

Every now and then there is a correction, then it goes back up again. Usually by government manipulation. Not sure if thats feasable this time but i dont by the doom and gloom stuff.

6. HAWTRIDDUM

HAWTRIDDUM Gold Belt Platinum Member

Eventually

7. VivaRevolution

See this is my worry. I can show you all kinds of numbers that show something really bad happened in the 80's. Where numbers, such as productivity, and wage growth were correlated. Where the ratio of HC spending to GDP held at 10% for decades from the 1940's-1980's. Where national GDP and household wealth were intertwined. And then they just stopped correlating with each other, all around the same time.

Something happened in the 80's, where all these numbers disconnected from each other. Where the systems stopped being functioning systems. AKA when the banksters held a silent coup in this country.

8. HunterAcosta

HunterAcosta Purple Belt

Yeah. Its like a ponzi scheme. Money is just confidence. Numbers on screen with little backing in reality at times. Gold standard gone. Country's consumer spending is good indication of countrys economic health but realistcally, prices are going up on everything and wages arent keeping up with it. Im all for morally a major minimum wage increase, but corporations are going to just bring the costs back to the consumers and raise prices. Problem is people cant live on credit forever and americans dont save shit. Its bound to burst bad in my non expert opinion. Of course Smith dickriders will say the market will corect it self, but i dont think corps are thinking of people first. Customers first. They are envisioning a work force that is getting more and more technologically based and putting alot of their very customer base out of work. And i dont think they are thinking long term. And that will cause the devastation. When motherfuckers cant afford to buy jack shit except basic necessities. I think its coming. When? Who knows? but the world will have to do something and fast because not every motherfucker can work in tech field. Its gonna be ugly imo. Sit back and enjoy the shit show.

9. VivaRevolution

I think we could buy ourselves some time by banning foreign ownership of American property that isn't for personal use.

Housing costs make stagnent wages 10 times worse.

10. ocean size

ocean size Black Belt

This legit made me lol

11. Edgy Brah

Edgy Brah Look into it Double Yellow Card

Feeling the Bern was the only answer.

ShadowRun and MadSquabbles500 like this.
  12. VivaRevolution

Nope.

Millions of people organizing to overcome the powers that be, is what would have saved us.

Bernie is just a rallying point.

Anyone who tells you they will solve America's problems is a snake oil salesmen. No Messiah is coming to save us. What Bernie reperesents is a national set of political bootstraps for us to pull ourselves up with.

13. Trotsky

Trotsky Gold Belt

Threads about macroeconomics that begin with "this simple graph shows why" are not good.

HARRISON_3, chs140, Execute and 18 others like this.
  14. THEfightsAREfixed

THEfightsAREfixed Master Servant

Too bad only people who are already rich and know how to game the system know how to play the short side of the market and take people's money in a bust or boom

Jackie Blue and HunterAcosta like this.
  15. VivaRevolution

True, but in this case, the data is so glaring, I think it stands on it's own.

I mean unless someone can explain by what sustainable measure household wealth is growing like that, that is the definition of a bubble, and it is twice the size of the housing bubble that almost collapsed the world economy.

HunterAcosta likes this.
  16. THEfightsAREfixed

It doesn't stand on it's own, it's just a tiny bit of the total dataset.

You should also post the median household net worth by percentile and by race and see it's just rich getting richer.

Everyone isn't getting richer like that over time.

17. VivaRevolution

This does not explain why we are seeing household wealth so far detached from GDP.

Where is that wealth coming from, if not fraud?

18. THEfightsAREfixed

GDP and household wealth are not competely grounded in reality, these figures have some smoke and mirrors.

These are unprecedented times, how can you know if wealth is not being generated at a rate consistent with technological advancement and increased distribution?

19. VivaRevolution

Clearly from 1951-1994, 43 straight years. These numbers were completely and totally related to one another. What changed?

Saying the word technology is not an explanation.

You would need to explain in specific terms, how technology is generating wealth, and how that wealth is showing up on the average Americans balance sheet.

The truth is that 90% of this growth is in housing and stock market value. We are watching another housing bubble in front of our faces, but this time accompanied by a stock market bubble, less then 10 years after the last one.

20. THEfightsAREfixed

Do you fuck with a lot of graphs? The scale increased by a lot there at the end.

If you cut off the last quarter and zoomed in and made a new graph it would not look nearly so directly correlated.

Obviously the rising tide is raising all the ships.

But who knows how high household wealth could go and detach from GDP if we see more radical disruption of industries and the economy gets more decentralized, etc etc