This Reyes situation is great for Jon

Right Hook nut shot

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Like Jon says here. People were losing interest with Jones and the lhw division. Now with this whole controversy you got urself more buzz, and interest to see part 2. Its kinda like Wilder vs Fury 1. Nobody gave a shit, but with all the controversy the 2nd fight will for sure outsell the first. Plus Jones has a new rival. Thiago Santos really couldnt speak english to sell the fight. Reyes although somewhat cringe has won a lot of fans, and his fight with Jones was more exciting then with Thiago. He has also pushed the idea that he won unlike Thiago. Reyes vs Jones 2 will be hype

Plus, if the rematch is immediate, then Jones will win convincingly and never have to face a prime and experienced Dominick Reyes.

I believe Jon "lost" that fight on purpose in order to set up the rematch. Like Smith said, "there is nothing that comes out of the mouth of Jon that is accidental."

Jones fights better in rematches, he’ll beat Reyes even easier next time.

People were losing interest because he stopped letting the public see how much of a dipshit he is in his personal life.

Is that bicep emoji a reference to getting back on the juice for a rematch?

I believe Jon "lost" that fight on purpose in order to set up the rematch. Like Smith said, "there is nothing that comes out of the mouth of Jon that is accidental."

Yea and triple G looked like shit against Kell Brook to get Canelo to fight him lol. Nah i dont believe that at all. Jones is an adaptable guy thats probably his best trait. So no doubt you'll see a different Jones in the rematch. Is Reyes adaptable? I guess we'll see

Plus, if the rematch is immediate, then Jones will win convincingly and never have to face a prime and experienced Dominick Reyes.

Reyes is in his prime now. He's 30, fighting for 6 years and has had 13 fights. Most guys are in their prime after that much time and in Reyes case being 30 he's in his prime now. Weidman for example went 11-0 and was 4 years into his career when he was peak and that lasted until he was 13-0 after 6 years. Fedor beat Big Nog 3 years into his career around 13 fights but he was much younger than Reyes. Jones was in his prime fighting Shogun and destorying him which was his 13th fight and again he was far younger and only fighting for 3 years. Reyes being in the game for 6 years and 30 years old means this dude is peak now. He's not some 23 year old kid with 7 pro fights like GSP was when he lost to Matt Hughes in 2004. Thats why GSP improved that much since he first title fight because he was a kid with little experience fighting for 2 years.

Jones carried Heyes and Santos to make MMA more interesting

2fdjs6.gif

Yea and triple G looked like shit against Kell Brook to get Canelo to fight him lol. Nah i dont believe that at all. Jones is an adaptable guy thats probably his best trait. So no doubt you'll see a different Jones in the rematch. Is Reyes adaptable? I guess we'll see

bro im still wating

Name me the street fighter jones jr. fought

IDGAF Jones gets KO'd brutally by Reyes in the rematch, that chin of his has took some solid shots and the next time Reyes is going to gunning to hurt him bad.

Oh shut the fuck up

lmfaooo

dude wasnt not a random street fighter. 71-0 bare knuckle fighter and had pro Boxing exp.

roy jones was at least 50 and the other guy 40+

your comparisons are super rediculus

Its been long time since i seen that fight. But pretty much anybody can be a pro boxer being good is another thing

Let's see the rematch. We would've gotten one if the decision went to reyes anyway, so lets see who adapts better for the second fight.

Jones fights better in rematches, he’ll beat Reyes even easier next time.
What rematches? The one against DC where he failed for steroids for the 2nd time? And the Gust rematch where Jones "pulsing" was so out of control Vegas wouldn't license him & the UFC had to move an entire card on 6 days notice?

His only finishes in the last 9 fights are when he is failing PED tests.

Like Jon says here. People were losing interest with Jones and the lhw division. Now with this whole controversy you got urself more buzz, and interest to see part 2. Its kinda like Wilder vs Fury 1. Nobody gave a shit, but with all the controversy the 2nd fight will for sure outsell the first. Plus Jones has a new rival. Thiago Santos really couldnt speak english to sell the fight. Reyes although somewhat cringe has won a lot of fans, and his fight with Jones was more exciting then with Thiago. He has also pushed the idea that he won unlike Thiago. Reyes vs Jones 2 will be hype

Chael said Jones needs to make himself look vulnerable if he wants to sell fights. maybe Jones was listening.

Back