This recent sad news with Cain is just more evidence why Fedor will never be surpassed

Cain was 34 in July
The UFC 200 Cain would've won the Grand Prix easily if he didn't got himself injured
That's a big if tho

So Cain would have "easily" won the SF GP?

Fabricio Werdum was in the SF Grand Prix. He didn't "easily" beat him at all. Quite the other way around actually.

So Cain would have "easily" won the SF GP?

Fabricio Werdum was in the SF Grand Prix. He didn't "easily" beat him at all. Quite the other way around actually.
If he had the same path as Fedor I meant
Werdum would've probably beat him

never failed a test though is the fact, anywhere, for anyone.

and he was 10 years deep in a hw career when he picked up 3 losses. aint lost since either.

You're talking as if his fight against Fabio wasn't one of the most corrupt judging calls we've ever seen in MMA.

lol at lineal title defenses.

How many times did he actually defend his belt?

There was a different sport going on back then.
Back before you had even learned to wipe your ass.

Give me a Fedor fight any day, instead of a "defense" against Patrick Cote, Dan Hardy, or Joe Stephenson. OMG! A Top 10 opponent, they must be so amazing!

He was 34 years old in Strikeforce.

Do you honestly think a 34 year old Cain would make it through that era of Strikeforce?

And Cain's had not even half the amount of fights.
How old was Randy when he was still on top. 34 for a HW must only be old in Russia

so that's why he ducked the belt and refused to fight Overeem?

Dude, when Fedor was in his long, multi-year prime, Overeem would've been a clear step down in competition. Rua, Little Nog, Liddell, and Arona were all finishing Overeem in the weight division lower than where Fedor was crushing killa competition.

Last edited:
How old was Randy when he was still on top. 34 for a HW must only be old in Russia

When exactly would you consider Couture "on top"?

I dont think there was ever a point in time that he was the #1 ranked HW in the world.

Bigfoot, Overeem/Cormier than Barnett
That's the path I meant

Maybe, maybe not.

Cain might have been able to do a lot of things.... but he didn't. He could have been the greatest HW ever.... but he isn't.

Lots of wasted potential with that guy

Athletes age differently. Longevity does not equal greatness. Couture was a special fighter, but at the height of his skill he was not nearly the equal of Fedor. Taking out Tim Sylvia is not the same as taking out Cro Cop or Big Nog in their primes.

Last edited:
Cain has only captured the crown of the same division that Brock, AA, Timmy etc held for a good while and a place where hunt and reem at this frigging age fight for titles. Cain V was never great

I don't know how old bj is but when Anderson was 34 he was killing guys
Then testing came around and he can't even finish bisping or Diaz (while on roids)

a decade unbeaten at HW.
18 lineal title defenses.
fought an average of just shy of 3 fights a year during his 7 year peak.

fedor-kettlebells.jpg

fought a peak hw division in the sport,

full of guys who are still knocking around in the top 10 a decade after its peak.

its so sad that guys like cain, who are truly great, just dont have the ability to live with that kind of out put.

2w49tus.jpg

2ivjghv.jpg
Stipe will be the GOAT in about one year's time, depending on the health of the division and himself

There was a different sport going on back then.
Back before you had even learned to wipe your ass.

Give me a Fedor fight any day, instead of a "defense" against Patrick Cote, Dan Hardy, or Joe Stephenson. OMG! A Top 10 opponent, they must be so amazing!

Funny how no one answered my question

Funny how no one answered my question

Your question is irrelevant because that wasn't the way of the sport back then.

You're obviously way out of your depth here.
It'd be best if you stop posting and try to learn something. But you won't.

Back