This PPV Card Sucks, Vol. 161

These ppvs are legit worse than the ufc on fox cards a few months back

Leagues better than the last PPV in my honest opinion (UFC 246).

Justinn Tafa got besmirched on his ufc debut that was also on a main card. Juan got besmirched by Greg Hardy in his last fight, and he's also had a quiet and short stint with UFC.

So let's match them up as the featured fight on the Jon Jones ppv for $65. Am I missing something?????

Oh yeah and I forgot, Adams is 5-2 and Tafa is 3-1. Lmao!!! Both coming off emphatic losses. Literally only placed there because they are colorful heavyweights

remember, 'you're not allowed to say a card sucks until it is over!' -DFW

It's a shit card to pay for, but who does that shit anymore?

I just got an email from espn+ with a special offer for this ppv; first time that's happened.

The special offer?

$65...

Fuck this card, better things to do than boost ppv numbers for a dickhead headliner.

Speak for yourself bro, Juan Adams alone is worth my 65 bucks!

They need to hire me as business model ( like a radio model, no face for camera)

Ala Cart PPV style.
$10 main event
$5 individual fight

Pay only for what you want to see. I'd spend $15 for Beast and Jones fight, that's more than the $0 they get instead
Bonus: They get to see the huge profit deficit WMMA has caused
That would mean they need 7 ppl to buy to make as much profit as their current model. Given that most ppl would buy just 1-2 fights.

I sure miss the good ol days when ppv cards were stacked with known fighters.

UFC 248 is a much better card...

I hope Jones and Valentina don't point-fight and play an ultra conservative game.

I hope Black Beast doesn't discuss his genitals or someone else's private parts in the post-fight interview. On second thought...actually I do.

Main card (PPV - 10:00 pm ET/7:00 pm PT) (1*-5* ratings scale)
205lbs - Jon Jones (25-1, 1NC) vs. Dominick Reyes (12-0) - 4*
125lbs - Valentina Shevchenko (18-3) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (13-2) - 2*
265lbs - Juan Adams (5-2) vs. Justin Tafa (3-1) - 1*
145lbs - Mirsad Bektić (13-2) vs. Dan Ige (12-2) - 2*
265lbs - Derrick Lewis (22-7, 1NC) vs. Ilir Latifi (14-7, 1NC) - 1*

How much do they want us to pay for this lol?
I don't know for sure, but I'd guess this is their line of thinking -

Don't have one of the top two or three draws at the top of the card, you stack it with good fights with well-known, established fighters to get people to buy.

If you have a Conor, Jones, etc at the top of the card, add a women's title shot as co-main event, just in case, and use the rest as filler. People are going to buy because of the big name at the top, because there's more than one title belt, and this is how you give lesser names exposure so maybe some of them will eventually be able to draw some viewers on future cards.

But ESPN+ just sent me a special PPV offer email for just $64.99. lol

This card is so much better then last months shit show. I'm actually excited.

The ufc sucks in general these days

I stream everything for free. I wouldn’t spend a dime on a PPV

Back