This pill epidemic is getting bad........

yeah, I've heard that is coming. They will probably ban the pain pills and people who have surgeries might only be allowed to have advil. While the drug abusers find another substance to get addicted to.

I'm not to fond of a lot of politicians. They're so dumb and arrogant that they always think that they will solve all the problems if they pass one more law.

Exactly. Or they might just bankrupt the companies with all the bullshit lawsuits

I can tell the doctors in my area are tightening the reigns on pills. I had 3 wisdom teeth previously pulled on 2 seperate occasions(why not all 4 or atleast 2 on each occasion I don't know?..anyway) I got oxytocodon and Norco. I got the last one pulled this week, 600 mg Ibuprofen

I don't blame the pain pills or the doctors. They want what's best for patients. There's lots of people with physical pain that ask for pain meds after surgeries. Pain meds are a Godsend after surgery. But you have to be responsible and only use them when you need them. The people that get addicted are the people that have suffered mental and emotional abuse and they would probably find another substance to get addicted to. Cause some of those drugs temporarily block the non-physical problems. There is way more people hurting mentally and emotionally from abuse and anxiety. That's why I don't blame the pill, it's been around for a long time.

Been there (post surgery), opiates are absolute poison.

We invest in a company called Medical Developments (MVP.asx).

They are having significant trouble getting approval to distribute their non addictive fast acting pain medication in the states.

Aussies know it as the green whistle as that's how it is administered.
All ambulances have it as do alot of footy teams etc.

Pain relief is basically legalised drug dealing, classic Case of the people vs profit and the people are getting hammered.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penthrox_inhaler

Last edited:
I can tell the doctors in my area are tightening the reigns on pills. I had 3 wisdom teeth previously pulled on 2 seperate occasions(why not all 4 or atleast 2 on each occasion I don't know?..anyway) I got oxytocodon and Norco. I got the last one pulled this week, 600 mg Ibuprofen

Ibuproven & paracetamol works well for tooth pain, sorted me out before my root canal. I've never really had the Oxy or any of that other shit, heard it's not bad though ha ha

Been there (post surgery), opiates are absolute poison.

I had my should reconstructed (Weaver-Dunn surgery) about 10 years ago. Initially they gave me a nerve block for the pain, and also prescribed me Percocet to be taken every 4 hours. I hated taking pills so I didn't take them and after the nerve block wore off the pain became unbearable. I'm not kidding...fucking excruciating. Without the Percocets I don't know what I would have done.

All that being said I'm GLAD my doctor refused to give me anymore because after 2 weeks, when my bottle ran dry, I was no longer in any pain but I still wanted my lovely little pills. I got madder than all hell when he prescribed me something like Tylenol rather than more Percocet, but he likely saved me from a horrible addiction. I was close to crossing that line and didn't even realize it. I guess what I'm going for here is opiates absolutely have their place in medicine...not sure what would have helped me in my post-surgery situation if it wasn't for the Percocet. On the flip side they are so easy to become addicted to that it's quite scary. I'm not sure what the solution is for society.

Your employer tests for prescription medications? Damn.

Mine doesn't test but when you get screened you have to tell them for anything that you've taken in the last few weeks including paracetomol and ibuprofen . Some prescription meds are also no-no's like codeine or non prescription meds like anti histamines such as piriton.

The capacity for addiction after a short period of time is too great compared to the limited benefit.
A limited benefit that reduces the effectiveness of each doseage as tolerance to the dosage grows (for me it was 17 days)

WTF... When I fucked up my back, I never got these fancy pills....I got some pills, but I remember googling them and they werent even super strong.

Now I rarely go to the doctor and when I go, they never give me shit.

I guess I should be glad I rarely go to the doctor because it seems like they give out these shits really easy.

In australia you now need a prescription for fricken codeine.

Yours doesn't?

No. Not to my knowledge.
WTF... When I fucked up my back, I never got these fancy pills....I got some pills, but I remember googling them and they werent even super strong.

Now I rarely go to the doctor and when I go, they never give me shit.

I guess I should be glad I rarely go to the doctor because it seems like they give out these shits really easy.

You can refuse those shit pills by simply telling the doc you are allergic to what he is prescribing.

I've lost three co workers in the last month due to pill addiction. (Not od'd I mean fired). Another co workers 30 year old son died of an od recently. Wtf? What happened to liquor and blow on the weekends? Where did this whole pill thing come from? They were always available why does it seem so many more people are addicted nowadays?
because the shit was being handed out like candy

Corporate profits and lobbying fees > Dead American citizens. Simple as that. Your government doesn't give a shit about you when gigantic corporations fill their pockets with money so they can keep peddling drugs to the masses.

lol... i still got a full bottle of unopened oxycodone after my parathyroid surgery.. been meaning to trash it..

Back