This moment wont be forgotten

Great win for charles.

I have a feeling he wont beat poirier if they fight. I still feel like Paul Felder could beat Oli again in a rematch but he wont ever see a titleshot

How so?

Oliveira has really good striking and i also think that while Gillespie might be the better wrestler on a technical level with more cardio than Chandler, he's not as physically strong, nor does he pose the same threat on the feet, no?
Better wrestler, better cardio and willing to prolong scrambles. I don't see the strength playing a massive part tbh, outside the reduced punching power, Gregor has quicker and smoother combos that can better disguise and mix up the takedowns. Plus, Chandler may be a wrestler, but his go to is usually swinging heavy footed haymakers

Lesson for all you young bulls. If you don't celebrate like Do Bronx after achieving some of the biggest "goals" in your life, you have the wrong goals.

Any top wrestler roughly the same size as olivera ground and pounds him pretty easily, that was the main take away from last night
Damn you salty af! Chandler lost get over it but if chandler was taller gtfo.

Not a fan, but gotta give this man his due.

I don't understand why people are hating on his win so much? He battled through adversity (which his haters said he couldn't and he didn't in the past) and came back with an awesome finish.
Because it's Sherdog and they like to shit on achievements that they couldn't dream off.

What a beautiful moment. You can tell he really wanted it so bad. The emotions are the culmination of years of hard work and highs and lows, and now he finally have it. Reminds me of Jordan's first title win in 1991. Congrats to Oliveira, he deserved it.
If you’ve watched TUF Brazil you realize they cry and are just as emotional by almost every little thing that happens...

I'm so happy for Charles. I feel like I've grown alongside him in his fantastic 11-year run in the UFC. Couldn't have been a more deserving champion.

Charles-Oliveira.jpg

Back