This Mickey Gall guy is actually legit. Did a little digging on him.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Apparently his experience goes much deeper than the 2 mma fights he has had. Been training in MMA/BJJ since he was 16. (He's now 23) Been in a few BJJ tournaments. Even a few amateur kick boxing fights. He is a legit prospect.

I thought he was a novice like CM Punk where he just started training a couple years ago. Nope. Been training for like 7 years.

He's going to kill Punk. I think Dana is forced to give Punk someone legit. He couldn't give Punk a total scrub. Especially with the criticisms.

This shit will probably drag out till Punk is like 50 years old.

Punk isn't fighting him
Even still who are they gonna match Punk up with? That Mike Jordan guy Mickey beat? Even that guy has fighting experience. But Punk would have a better chance at beating that Jordan guy because it looks like he has no BJJ training.

Punk is training at a top camp and is probably receiving more attention than any other fighter without extensive MMA experience. While there are dozens of reasons why he is not going to become a top 15 fighter, I think he would fare okay against fighters without major experience. MMA talent is not that deep.

Been training 7-8 years, blows out opponent in first round, 11years younger than Punk. CM Punk has to postpone his debut due to "injury". Shenanigans, shenanigans I say!!!

They should just do CM PUNK a favor and give him to Bellator.
I like his chances against Kimbo,or Dada 5000. Also I think Ken Shamrock would find a way to lose

If this fight even happens I have no doubt in my mind that Gall will absolutely embarrass Punk

I don't think Punk is ever going to fight, but yeah if he does he will get lit up by Gall.

Honestly I think every day that passes Punk realizes more and more how much he fucked up.

He's not an athlete, he played no sports in college and maybe even highschool besides a little hockey. Not to mention WWE is a pretty brutal schedule and puts tons of wear and tear on your body while learning no relevant fighting skills.

MMA is not the sport to fuck about in.

Been training 7-8 years, blows out opponent in first round, 11years younger than Punk. CM Punk has to postpone his debut due to "injury". Shenanigans, shenanigans I say!!!
4602d9d1b86636e51d76e4186da16b0374aa84c32a57fbd56ba36af03d1b71ed.jpg

Yeah, he seems decent. Good base with his BJJ experience. But let's not act like his win over that guy with the Black Power tattoo means much.

Punk will fight Gall and will lose. He's not going to pussy out and fake injuries. You guys act like Gall is prime Cro Cop or something. It's not like he brutally KOed Black Power tattoo guy, he just wobbled him and then wisely jumped on him for a sub. Probably do the same to Punk and the latter will be standing up congratulating Mickey within 20 seconds of tapping. No big deal. He's not going to be seriously hurt.

If Punk can't fight anytime soon. I hope they give him another fight. Keep him active keep him getting paid.

True.
I still not understand why UFC made a fight to get someone "worthy" to fight Punk.
Should been faced against a amatuer like that "black power" right away instead.

A genius on this forum suggested Punk vs Royce. That is the best match UFC could make with Punk IMO.
Because it's a win-win scenario.

Wouldn't mind seeing Punk getting curbstomped. Wouldn't mind at all.

To be fair to Punk though, in a recent interview he said, he didn't want to make his UFC signing public, until a fight was officially announced. But it was the UFC who said, they want to tell all the media as soon as they signed him. So if Punk would of had his way. They probably would not have done "looking for a fight" public knowledge. And we wouldn't be dismaying him in this way. We might of been saying if it were to be announced later, "oh he must of been training for a few years, he might actually be ready."

Back