This man wont gas against Jones and will put him away in 3 rounds

Let me guess, if/when Jones finishes Gus in a rematch, you'll demand a third fight to "settle the score", right?

if jones finishes gus, then i'll give jones his props. i mean, jones himself, said that he felt like he had lost that fight to gus, in a way. why can't his fans admit the same?

just like i have been giving jones props for beating dc. this isn't difficult to comprehend. some of you jones fans are simply turning from fans, into haters. at least some of us dc fans have been able to give jones credit.

I usually try to avoid these back and forth threads over Gus, but c'mon. If anyone is pretending, it's Gus fans. Officially, Jones has won and Gus fans (or Jones detractors) can't stand it, so its a constant revision of history. The problem isn't that anyone is ignoring that the fight happened, the problem is that people continue to ignore that the judging happened.

That fight was nearly two years ago or something. The only way Gus is going to validate any achievement, is if he first manages to get through Rumble, and then does better in a rematch. Both are tall tasks, and looking to the past won't help him.

dude, jones, "himself" said that he felt like he lost, without losing. that is what jones said. are you arguing with jones? sure sounds like it. but i guess you know jones better than he does, apparently.

I saw that fight in person and can tell you guys that Gus won.

Fair play, Alexander gave Jones one helluva scrap but next time you just know Jones is going to concentrate more on his wrestling and try to shut Gus down.

"Until he gassed"...that's funny shit right there. You should listen to the presser where DC repeatedly mentions the body shots and knees to the body affecting him.

So what you really mean is DC was bringing it to Jones (except that he lost the first round) till Jones starting kicking his ass. DC won round 2 and gave a decent showing of himself but was totally outclassed.

Gus is going to have issues with AJ. I think Jones is actually getting better, grittier, more confident. He won't take Gus lightly and he'll probably beat him again.

"Until he gassed"...that's funny shit right there. You should listen to the presser where DC repeatedly mentions the body shots and knees to the body affecting him.

So what you really mean is DC was bringing it to Jones (except that he lost the first round) till Jones starting kicking his ass. DC won round 2 and gave a decent showing of himself but was totally outclassed.

Basically this. Gus is a great fighter, but the hate of Jones is prohibiting people from realizing the greatness in Jones they're witnessing. It's a shame they can't appreciate it. I thought Jones was fake and didn't care for him. He admitted he was being fake. Now he's embracing that heel role and I respect him more for it.

What in the world makes you think that Gus will finish a guy that he didn't even barely beat?

jonesgus_original.jpg

cause he beaten jj badly and he went several weeks without even practicing due to how bad he was hurt

this next time gus will put more power into his punches and we will see a stoppage. maybe not a ko but a doctor stoppage

You mean the guy that already gassed against Jones?

Keep dreaming

really, cheer for jj but at least dont be delusional

what in the world makes you think that he will 50-45 a guy that he barely beat?

and dc was landing a lot of head strikes, specially uppercuts

Because jones will be better in the rematch. Gus will come with the idea that he needs to fight the same way only be better at it.

Mark my words this will not work at all. Jones will have an answer for everything gus did well in their first fight by the time the rematch happens. That's who jones is, he's a master of studying, no way gus suprises him with his abilities again.

Because jones will be better in the rematch. Gus will come with the idea that he needs to fight the same way only be better at it.

Mark my words this will not work at all. Jones will have an answer for everything gus did well in their first fight by the time the rematch happens. That's who jones is, he's a master of studying, no way gus suprises him with his abilities again.

so lets wait and see

dude, jones, "himself" said that he felt like he lost, without losing. that is what jones said. are you arguing with jones? sure sounds like it. but i guess you know jones better than he does, apparently.
Nice red herring you got there, I invite you to reread what you wrote. You claimed Jones fans like to pretend the fight didn't happen. This is astonishing, because even as an outside observer, it's pretty clear that many Gus fans like to pretend the judging didn't happen. Pot, meet kettle. And to make things worse, it's almost as if some Gus fans haven't aged a day beyond Sept. 2013.

As to what "Jones himself" said, I don't really care, but you're not exactly accurate with that, either. Here are his own words:

"I find it funny, because Gustafsson lost the fight fair and square," Jones said. "I will admit he won Round 1 and Round 3, but that's it. I won the fight. I've never heard someone chirp so much who lost."

The above are the sentiments Jones has repeatedly voiced about the fight. He says it was a tough dogfight, but clearly thinks he won. The judges agreed with him, and that's the reality of the situation.

Jones doesn't know how to fight a guy thats his frame. I can't see either guy ever dominating each other. Two world class guys like that it's either a beautiful 25 minute MMA masterpiece or an awesome finish

Jones clearly beat Gus in the first fight, and will wipe the floor with him in the rematch.

Hes not gonna suddenly become a better boxer than Alex overnight.

He will likely do what he did in the first fight, spam kicks and elbows and look for an opportunity to take down or submit.

Sums it up pretty will. Think Gus will take it, assuming Johnson doesn't land a lucky punch.

Back