This man will stop stylebender in his tracks...

Imo my thoughts are he should stay away from the bleach.

Can't have it all mang. Sometimes my god blesses you with less leg gains, or a feijao face.

Seriously though, homoeroticism aside....

I think Costa would give Israel problems. I don't think his ground game has been tested, mainly because he has managed to mostly avoid being taken down up until now. It would be an interesting match-up.

Plus i think Adesanya thinks he's entitled to too much, too soon. This is the type of match up that would either build up his merit for a title shot, or expose the hype train that he (possibly) might be.

Anderson Silva is such a hard measuring stick as far as how good israel really is, they respect eachother too much, it was almost a glorified sparring session, he just wanted to get a little bit of Anderson's essence, get some of his "rub" on him as they say.

Completely agree, bud. I'd like to see him fight another solid opponent first too before giving him a title shot.

I think Costa would first try to bum rush him but fail and eat some shots and then probably try for a takedown. I think Israel would be prepared for that though. Not saying he will definitely be able to stop him, but at least I think he knows what's coming. Cus I think as long as it's on the feet Izzy will pretty much tool Costa. Unless he lets himself get pressured into the cage. But I'm not too confident he will be able to. Izzy is much better with keeping distance, staying a foot and moving in angles for that. He also has a much longer reach. I think Costa has a pretty short reach for his size? So he'd definitely be able to touch Costa coming in aggressively. Costa is also sloppy with his brawling style and Izzy is technical enough to see openings and make use of them.

However Costa has a decent chin I think, so if he plays it well he might be able to take some shots and maybe turn with Izzy if he tries to evade him, to stay on him and get him to the cage. He'll have to keep his guard up though otherwise he'll probably eat some straight to the chin.

Also, I hope for a good ref for that fight. Cus if Costa does get him to the cage... The dude likes his nuts shots and eye pokes.
<{clintugh}>

I also agree that the AS fight is a hard measuring stick for Izzy, but one thing you can take away is that he dealt really well with AS's bum rushes. So at least that is somewhat of a positive for a possible Costa fight.

Also, glad the dude changed his name to Costa. I don't know exactly why he did it, but it's sure as hell a lot easier than typing out Borrachinha every time. <45><45><45>

Borrachinha is Wanderlei with a better jawline and body punches. I said it.

Strong cope. Israel is gonna get ktfo.

giphy.gif

Costa was not very impressive against a way past his prime Hendricks.

Could go either way he has power but his displays are far from a technical master class, he could easily be oustruck by a more experienced striker in style bender.

This place is crazy, in a few days it's gone from wow Anderson turned back the clock to stylebender was never that good and will lose to everyone hahaha getting the a conor treatment.

Wow. Ricardo Arona. mmmm, that boy was gooooood. Thanks for the reminder. Don't forget Paulo "Babycakes" Filho.

I don't see what you mean, all these guys have muscles and aren't not-handsome sooooo. Granted, Sokoudjou, Rampage, Palhares aren't as facially aesthetic, but they are very muscly alpha men.

Are you trying to say that handsome and/or muscle men are in their own fighting class?

Aren’t not-handsome... hahahahaha..

The alpha hetero in you wouldn’t allow you to say it...

I think Israel is a bit over hyped. That being said I think Costa is way over hyped. I think the Yoel fight wakes people to the reality of things. In all fairness though, Yoel murders Israel too.

that fight is going to be brutal and someone is getting flatlined. I just dont know who... Israel is much more crafty and technical ... Costa is a freight train , though. Too savage.

Adesanya struggled with 43 year old Silva.
Anyone half decent would stop him in his tracks.

Back