This kid just keeps getting stronger...

This kid is gonna be 5'4 when he finally goes through puberty..

Lifting weights before your muscles have been developing throughout the later stages of puberty isnt a good thing.

Lifting weights before your muscles have been developing throughout the later stages of puberty isnt a good thing.

fail-24.jpg

WTF??

FAIL!

this kid may grow up to be the fiercest meathead of all time

great post, don't listen to these fools. We'll be the ones laughing when all their children are all 5'4" for lifting at such a young age and when they are wheelchair bound from squatting below parallel

whatever happened to that kid they called lil hercules? at age 15 he was 5'9" and he was lifting hardcore

Ive never heard or read anything that stated lifting at an age when your muscles and bones are still in their major growing stages is good for you....

People could say FAIL all they'd like to me...

Ive never heard or read anything that stated lifting at an age when your muscles and bones are still in their major growing stages is good for you....

Well then post your sources of data that prove that a proper resistance program is not safe for someone that age.

...and apparently people can say "here's an article from a medical journal, read it" all they'd like to you, with similar results.

Be sure to ignore the studies cited in footnotes 1, 10, 11, 28 and 29.

That kid can barely walk, but his form is better than mine.

Are you serious?

Did you not ready the study that flak linked for you two posts after your first ill-advised foray into this thread? The one by the AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS? The one that says, about adolescent and preadolescent weightlifting:

Injury rates in settings with strict supervision and proper technique are lower than those that occur in other sports or general recess play at school.

and

Appropriate strength-training programs have no apparent adverse effect on linear growth, growth plates, or the cardiovascular system...

Did you read that? Good. Now read this:

In addition to the obvious goal of getting stronger, strength-training programs [for adolescents and preadolescents] may be undertaken to try to improve sports performance and prevent injuries, rehabilitate injuries, and/or enhance long-term health. Similar to other physical activity, strength training has been shown to have a beneficial effect on several measurable health indices, such as cardiovascular fitness, body composition, bone mineral density, blood lipid profiles, and mental health... Recent studies have shown some benefit to increased strength, overall function, and mental well-being in children with cerebral palsy... Resistance training is being incorporated into weight-control programs for overweight children as an activity to increase the ****bolic rate without high impact. Similar to the geriatric population, strength training in youth may stimulate bone mineralization and have a positive effect on bone density...

OK, now you've read something that says that lifting "when your muscles and bones are still in their major growing stages" is good for you. Carry on.

I don't need a study to know that having a kid move around and use their muscles is a good thing, it's just common sense.

This one was even better

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dWt4d1CEErQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dWt4d1CEErQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Back