This kid is going to be a superstar in Boxing someday!

mikezismike

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
just wanna share this vid.. this kid is only 7 years old with loads of Potential..

[YT]c04P4WErt-I&feature=player_embedded#![/YT]

thoughts?

wow tons of potential. id like to see him throw alittle more straight with more volume. the best kid boxers keep things more basic... hell they're little kids, how technical can they really get? less upper cuts, more 1,2,1,2's... 1,2,1,2,3's and this kid will be a beast in the amateur circuit!!!!

with that footwork and head movement... all he's really missing is a high combination count and more straight punches. keep a eye on this kid.

If he keeps his passion for boxing he will be an animal. It happens all the time that kids who start taking a sport seriously at a young age and are super successful get sick of it. Even if they don't quit the sport altogether lots of times they will quit training hard and stop caring about the sport, giving people who started later time to catch up.

He has potential - probably about as much as any other kid that gets started at this early of an age.

I've learn not to put too much stock in bag and mitt work when evaluating young boxers - sparring is the real proving ground. He looked pretty good sparring but his opponent was too over-matched to be a true test. We have an 8 year old at our gym that would definitely give him a run for his money.

All of that said, IF he sticks with it, burn-out is pretty common with kids that start this early, he COULD be great.

Hea good at training, but I Dont think that he's got the mindfor boxing. His sparig wasn't very imPressive

Awesome seeing a little kid do so well. Hopefully he stays interested and enjoys some success.

Look up Bam Bam on YouTube aswell TS. Think he's about seven too, he looks like another star of the future.

these little bastards seem to be popping up left and right, we really need to get a super six type tournament in the works and determine which brat is superior.

anyone can look good hitting the pads. and like others said his sparring is meh.

ahah i thought his sparring looked pretty damn good. he's only 7 years old. and it looked like he was going up against a bigger opponent. one thing alot of kids do... is bum rush with alot of straight punches. you hardly ever see a kid make someone miss and counter.

he's doing somethings alot of kids cant do....

but the truth is... .he wouldnt last in the amateur ranks with that style. he doesnt throw enough punches or atleast put together combinations when he has too. but he has good movement and the ability to make someone miss.

if he can box the way he did from 4:20 to 4:40 and keep that pace the whole fight. watch out. thats what i like to see from kids. combination punching, good movement and defense. most important tho... the combination punching.

ahah i thought his sparring looked pretty damn good. he's only 7 years old. and it looked like he was going up against a bigger opponent. one thing alot of kids do... is bum rush with alot of straight punches. you hardly ever see a kid make someone miss and counter.

he's doing somethings alot of kids cant do....

but the truth is... .he wouldnt last in the amateur ranks with that style. he doesnt throw enough punches or atleast put together combinations when he has too. but he has good movement and the ability to make someone miss.

Yeah I was really impressed, there are some harsh critics in here! The kid has a world of talent and he certainly didn't have that rawness of a seven year old. By the time he's hits puberty he's going to slicker than PBF if he comes along as well as he has already.

Wow. Hopefully he sticks with it, could be great when he gets older.

If he keeps his passion for boxing he will be an animal. It happens all the time that kids who start taking a sport seriously at a young age and are super successful get sick of it. Even if they don't quit the sport altogether lots of times they will quit training hard and stop caring about the sport, giving people who started later time to catch up.

Exactly same thing happened to me with soccer. I started at 4 and by 10 i was training for nationals and by 13 i was on the regional team travelling around the states. We won 3 regional championships but now at the age of 15 i am done with soccer and the thoughts of it disgusts me.

Not all is bad though, if it wasn't for me quitting soccer i wouldn't have started muay thai and high school wrestling, which i enjoy both tremendously.

This kid just needs to not train everyday for the rest of his life, or he will get burned out. He needs to take breaks so he can still enjoy the sport.

Exactly same thing happened to me with soccer. I started at 4 and by 10 i was training for nationals and by 13 i was on the regional team travelling around the states. We won 3 regional championships but now at the age of 15 i am done with soccer and the thoughts of it disgusts me.

Not all is bad though, if it wasn't for me quitting soccer i wouldn't have started muay thai and high school wrestling, which i enjoy both tremendously.

This kid just needs to not train everyday for the rest of his life, or he will get burned out. He needs to take breaks so he can still enjoy the sport.

I'm starting to feel that way about football...

His chin is too exposed. Pacquiao will make short work on this kid.

Pads don't hit back. I think this kid got a glass jaw.

Back