This just won a Grammy for best rock song?

OK, clicked. Not bad but really weak considering it won. What other songs were nominated?

I saw her back in September and she puts on an awesome show.

I dig that song, but it's not the best one off her new album imo.

"I can't turn off what turns me on."
An anthem for pedophiles.

Jesus Christ, what is that garbage? I recall really digging some St. Vincent, but not that, and they are definitely pure Alternative, not Alternative Rock. I'm with you. It's yet another disgrace heaped on the pile for the Grammy's that Greta Van Fleet's "Black Smoke Rising" didn't win. This song yokes Fleetwood Mac, Goldie, Led Zeppelin, and Janis Joplin. This is like something you would have heard during the Golden Age of Rock in the 70's:

"Mantra" by Bring Me the Horizon is dope. Definitely has a 00's pop chart Hard Rock feel to it (not Metal); Linkin Park above all else, but it takes me back to when Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Puddle of Mudd, P.O.D., and other bands like that charted.

I'm not familiar with Ghost, but it's not hard to discern that they are fans of Megadeath and Black Sabbath even if they're not quite as heavy on the back end. Cool song:

I like Twenty-One Pilots, but Jumpsuit fucking sucks:

Was pulling for Ghost but I like Greta ok enough

Chances are, if it's talked about at the Grammys it's not good.

They were going up against the female fronted St. Vincent. Only way Ghost was going to win over that was if Tobias Forge was a tranny.

I was surprised that he was actually there without any mask or make-up. I had heard that the people behind the grammy awards don't want any of that stage theatrics stuff anymore.

St. Vincent is great, but her new album sucks dick. Moving to L.A. and becoming a pillhead turned her into a can, IMO.

Last edited:
Rock is dead. Move on.
Nope.

It's not dead, but it certainly gets life from mainstream media outlets. Though if that is the standard you go by, then you're right in your own way.

Seriously?

that is not rock music.
what the hell? this shit makes Ghost sound heavy!

"I can't turn off what turns me on."
An anthem for pedophiles.

Jesus Christ, what is that garbage? I recall really digging some St. Vincent, but not that, and they are definitely pure Alternative, not Alternative Rock. I'm with you. It's yet another disgrace heaped on the pile for the Grammy's that Greta Van Fleet's "Black Smoke Rising" didn't win. This song yokes Fleetwood Mac, Goldie, Led Zeppelin, and Janis Joplin. This is like something you would have heard during the Golden Age of Rock in the 70's:

"Mantra" by Bring Me the Horizon is dope. Definitely has a 00's pop chart Hard Rock feel to it (not Metal); Linkin Park above all else, but it takes me back to when Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Puddle of Mudd, P.O.D., and other bands like that charted.

I'm not familiar with Ghost, but it's not hard to discern that they are fans of Megadeath and Black Sabbath even if they're not quite as heavy on the back end. Cool song:

I like Twenty-One Pilots, but Jumpsuit fucking sucks:

Yeah, out of those songs Mantra or Rats should have won.
I also love "My blood" by 21 Pilots, but mostly because of the touching video.

BTW I started to like Ghost. When I first time heard them, they were advertised as some kind of hardcore satanic metal which they are not. But when I think of them without that stereotype, they are pretty good. Nice texts, pleasant music.

St. Vincent is awesome, but not rock.

Never heard of Ghost before, but that Rats song is pretty lame.

It's funny how Weezer and Fall Out qualified in the rock category even their new music fall under that trash EDM genre.

Back