This isn't said enough but I like both commentary teams

Hallzzz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I see so much hate. I got love for mike & Joe and Jon & Kenny

Yeah I agree. Kenny and Jon especially get so much unnecessary hate.

I don't, tonight was horrendous.

It isn't said because it isn't true. Anik/Florian is a horrible commentating team.

i will not say this again... anik is an abomination.

from his long-winded drawn-out questions to fighters who just wish he was rogan, to his whining play by play that doesnt differentiate between arm and leg strikes... hes the worst in the business maybe.

everyone else is great. joes roganisms, goldies pipes and kenflos mma knowledge are all great contributions to the program.

anik brings none of the above.

Florian was kind of off tonight. He was calling moves incorrectly, predicting wrong submission attempts (saying Maia was going for a triangle when he was clearly looking for an armbar) etc. But I don't mind listening to them.

I find Robin Black does great commentary yet have never seen him mentioned here

Florian was kind of off tonight. He was calling moves incorrectly, predicting wrong submission attempts (saying Maia was going for a triangle when he was clearly looking for an armbar) etc. But I don't mind listening to them.

What? Pretty sure Maia was throwing his legs up to trap the shoulder to go for a triangle. No idea why you think he was going for an armbar.

Kenny and Anik sound too alike as well.

Joe Buck's stepchild, numbingly bland.

Like 'em on "UFC Ultimate Insider", though.

I would rather it be Kenny and Stann or throw one of them with joe n mike

I agree. Anik especially gets too much unnecessary hate. You guys gotta understand he isn't the color commentator. His job is to cater to the casuals/general public by pointing out the obvious and having to memorize long commercial lines to appease the sponsors during LIVE events. He's supposed to be vanilla. It's hardly an easy job.

its not the same when Rogan isnt commentating imo

One thing I like about Anik: He knows he's new at this and works hard to get better at it. I've seen, on numerous occasions, other people say things on twitter to him about a mistake he makes and he'll respond to them, apologize/remark about not knowing that and correct it going forward. Compare that to other guys in the MMAmedia who can do no wrong in their eyes.

He's legit been following this sport for a very short time and he's made massive improvements.

Back