This is worthy an international stadium show?

I hate the "oh your australian so well put a bunch of shit house australian fighters on the card" mentality the ufc has, local MMA has no chance of doing a 70k seater stadium people are coming to see international elite fighters, Melbourne is a big sporting town so they'll sell it out but feels like the UFC is well aware they can get away with putting on a poor card and still selling out, hope im wrong and they add a few more decent fights because this card is abysmal. Guys like Walsh should be cut, not taking up a spot on a big card and acting like people are excited to watch him fight.

You hit the nail on the head man. It's the way of doing business for the UFC (and smart and a bit ruthless in most business). You put out as little of your money and risk as possible to make your money back. Why spend $1m on fighter salary when you can spend $500k and still sell out and make the same amount of money at the gate?

IF someone is willing to buy chuck roast ground beef from me for $25 a pound why would I give them ribeye steak instead for $25 a pound? Dang it...now I want a steak!

Agreed. Maybe the novelty of a big event in a place that doesn't often get it will sell the place out but I wouldn't be surprised if ticket sales aren't that great. Lawler/Condit is very good but aside from that it isn't great. The first Hunt/Bigfoot fight was a shock in how back and forth it was. The chances of that happening again, considering how both have looked since the fight, is just so low.

Imagine this, and it's not at all unlikely. Lawler or Condit get injured. What do they do? They'd have to cancel the show. That fight goes and the card is done. I see no other way for it to continue in the case of the main event being effected by an injury. 194 should have been the stadium show. This should just be in a regular arena.

Last edited:
It's the first time in Melbourne, and they will get more people than they would be able to fit in Rod Lavar arena. So I understand where they are coming from.

But yeah, not stadium worthy in general.

Back