This is worthy an international stadium show?

meelad92

Elzhi
@Blue
Reaction score
Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit
Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva
Michael Bisping vs. Robert Whittaker
Akbarh Arreola vs. Jake Matthews
Kyle Noke vs. Peter Sobotta
Anthony Perosh vs. Gian Villante
Ricardo Abreu vs. Daniel Kelly
Steven Kennedy vs. Richard Walsh
Brendan O'Reilly vs. William Macario

Yikes.

1 top-notch title fight (Condit/Lawler), 1 good fight (Hunt/Bigfoot), 1 okay fight (Bisping/Whittaker) and bunch of prelim fights.

This card needs at least 2-3 more good fights.

Thoughts?

Mendes/Edgar should have been on here, instead they put it on a card which will be filled by amateurs

The cards needs another big fight, maybe Shogun vs Rampage 2.

Tickets must start at $30 if they want to fill this

Mark Hunt vs Antonio Silva should be the 2nd fight on the main card, the first fight was great but a lot of people are not looking forward to the rematch

Whittaker... meh, that fight should kick off the main card

Looks fine. It's in Australia. Isn't going to do big money on PPV cause of that. Way better than most international shows.

Doesn't make a ton of sense to take a block buster show to Australia. If Australians fans can't get up to see Lawler/Condit, Hunt/Bigfoot and Bisping. Than there wasn't much that was going to get them going.

2 great fights, 1 good fight, and a bunch of bleh.

Anyway, it's their first time in a new place that has been wanting it for a long time.

Should do well if not sell out.

How could you call Bigfoot/Hunt a good fight? It was the best HW fight of all time.

How could you call Bigfoot/Hunt a good fight? It was the best HW fight of all time.

Hunt is on a 2-fight losing skid and Bigfoot 1-3-1 in his last 5. Their first fight was a FOTY contender, but I'm just not that excited for the rematch.

i think the card is pretty bad overall but it'll see because all fights (except the main/comain, hunt popular there) have an aussie in them.

yeah, it doesnt seem THAT strong to be in a stadium, but lets see

It's not like Aussie's get cards all the time, it will probably sell out.

If it sells out I guess it was enough for a stadium. UFC takes advantage of places being excited for the first event.

I hate the "oh your australian so well put a bunch of shit house australian fighters on the card" mentality the ufc has, local MMA has no chance of doing a 70k seater stadium people are coming to see international elite fighters, Melbourne is a big sporting town so they'll sell it out but feels like the UFC is well aware they can get away with putting on a poor card and still selling out, hope im wrong and they add a few more decent fights because this card is abysmal. Guys like Walsh should be cut, not taking up a spot on a big card and acting like people are excited to watch him fight.

Not at all. One great fight, one medium (Bisping) and a promise (Bigfoot) that has a really good chance of not delivering like the first (Hunt will quick get the KO).

I think that the event will do well at the gate regardless, but from a PPV point of view, I would have rather seen JDS/Overeem co-featured on this card.

That card doesn't make sense at all. I mean, we are waiting since forever for the stadium show and the UFC puts together this?
It's going to be the biggest fail in UFC history

Lucky to be getting a title fight considering it will do jack shit on ppv imo.:)

I think that the event will do well at the gate regardless, but from a PPV point of view, I would have rather seen JDS/Overeem co-featured on this card.

You would of rather paid 60 dollars to see JDS/Reem than see it for free?

1) People around here underestimate the power of "local" talent being on the card

2) People around here don't understand event planning in the slightest

As others have said it's b/c it's an Australian card. They put a lot of local/country talent on the card. Typically the UFC doesn't stack cards outside of the US, other than Brazil. But even then they have a lot of Brazilian fighters on it.

Back