This is why we love Nate...

I like watching the Diaz as punching bags....goes well with their stupid ass thug life bullshit.

Side note, It was even better watching Nate make Conor tap.

theyre both diva crybabies who have never been able to take a loss like a man, you guys think throwing up your hands saying “ what “ or giving the finger wins a fight, or make retarded excuses about how if the fight was 20 rounds theyd win.

them and their fans are embarrassing.

This. Could never stand them.

The Diaz haters jumped on this one. Could make for some fun.
<{jackyeah}>

The Diaz haters jumped on this one. Could make for some fun.
<{jackyeah}>
I don't think they're bad guys per say. I'm just getting annoyed by Nate Diaz posting some mumbley shit talk on twitter every year and a half then suddenly getting put into fights he has no business being in because "it's what the people want". When Nate was a hard charging borderline LW contender I had no issues with him. This whole needle mover Diaz thing is a shtick that's played itself out though.

Sooo, later in that very speech you quoted Rocky says this:

"But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that."

Seems like Rocky thinks you shouldn't make excuses for your shortcomings. Now who do we know that makes endless excuses.....

<BC1>

I don't think they're bad guys per say. I'm just getting annoyed by Nate Diaz posting something on twitter every year and a half then suddenly getting put into fights he has no business being in because "it's what the people want". When Nate was a hard charging borderline LW contender I had no issues with him. This whole needle mover Diaz thing is a shtick that's played itself out though.
Well, I don't have a twitter. So I'm good from the "true fanboy" shit. My only connection to fighters social media is sherdog...and for the most part, it's nothing important. With the occasional jewel being dropped.

Sooo, later in that very speech you quoted Rocky says this:

"But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that."

Seems like Rocky thinks you shouldn't make excuses for your shortcomings. Now who do we know that makes endless excuses.....

<BC1>
Somewhere itt I agreed with that. But their short-comings aren't what's important here, they're transcended by the traits they have in common with Rocky.

Also, good job with quoting the exact speech that I'm referring to as a way to debunk my point. I mean it. It was a good lawyers trick. But solid spin. Just so happens you're missing the point.

He's not going to age well I will tell you that much.

Somewhere itt I agreed with that. But their short-comings aren't what's important here, they're transcended by the traits they have in common with Rocky.

Also, good job with quoting the exact speech that I'm referring to as a way to debunk my point. I mean it. It was a good lawyers trick. But solid spin. Just so happens you're missing the point.

I don't know if I'd call it a lawyers trick. I mean, if you're going to use a speech to support your claim, it only seems fair that the ENTIRE speech should be applicable. It seems like you're claiming that people should be fans of the Diaz brothers for reasons BEYOND simply their fighting ability. In that case it only seems fair that we should look at EVERYTHING beyond their fighting ability, and blue-collar workers generally dislike those who complain and make excuses when they lose.

<Fedor23>

Edit: Also, wasn't the whole point of Rocky's appeal that he was humble? There's a lot of ways to describe the Diaz brothers, but "humble" ain't one of them.

I don't know if I'd call it a lawyers trick. I mean, if you're going to use a speech to support your claim, it only seems fair that the ENTIRE speech should be applicable. It seems like you're claiming that people should be fans of the Diaz brothers for reasons BEYOND simply their fighting ability. In that case it only seems fair that we should look at EVERYTHING beyond their fighting ability, and blue-collar workers generally dislike those who complain and make excuses when they lose.

<Fedor23>

Edit: Also, wasn't the whole point of Rocky's appeal that he was humble? There's a lot of ways to describe the Diaz brothers, but "humble" ain't one of them.
I'm not complaining anyone should be fans of anyone. What I'm doing is explaining why people are fans of Nate.

you don’t like the way the fight?
I don't. I watch fights to see a contest to determine who the better fighter is. The Diaz brothers are pretty much never the better fighters at this stage in their careers. Natural toughness and durability doesn't equate to skill, and it doesn't make it a contest. It just makes the fight last longer than it should. It's not entertaining for me to watch a one-sided beating. Also, their antics and nonsense of taunting while getting their asses handed to them doesn't help my opinion of them, either. If they would stop trying to think of childish insults and put their minds toward finding a way to adapt, they could actually fight back.

I don't. I watch fights to see a contest to determine who the better fighter is. The Diaz brothers are pretty much never the better fighters at this stage in their careers. Natural toughness and durability doesn't equate to skill, and it doesn't make it a contest. It just makes the fight last longer than it should. It's not entertaining for me to watch a one-sided beating. Also, their antics and nonsense of taunting while getting their asses handed to them doesn't help my opinion of them, either. If they would stop trying to think of childish insults and put their minds toward finding a way to adapt, they could actually fight back.
<{fry}>

Back