This is why Till lost

Somebody with good boxing/Muay Thai analysis help me understand what Till was trying to do with his entry right before he got smashed? Head straight up, jab/uppercut/whatever doesn't land, open to Tyron's right and in the perfect distance. It was like he was trying to punch someone behind Tyron.

Till was trying to throw his left streight signature strike now if you watched tills fights prior he always throws the right arm out not to strike with it or necessarily land it but he uses his right arms momentum to snap that left stright out harder and faster ..... Ive noticed this very early and i knew this was going to be his downfall he even does this while hes shadow boxing.

Never rated tills stiking when launching into a strike/combo he comes in way too open, totally abandoning all defense with his arms flailing lol "best welterweight striker" dude needs a new coach

Somebody with good boxing/Muay Thai analysis help me understand what Till was trying to do with his entry right before he got smashed? Head straight up, jab/uppercut/whatever doesn't land, open to Tyron's right and in the perfect distance. It was like he was trying to punch someone behind Tyron.

Watch tills strike training while his coach holds the mits and hes doing combos his coach actually lets him do this.
Hel extend the right and pull it back and throw the left.

Some people make a mistake and get caught in a submission. Till made a mistake and got caught in an ass whoopin.

I've seen better jabs thrown by K1 Maia

Woodley figured this out he countered it perfectly you see as soon as his right arm comes extends the fake punch to nowhere.. Woodley is already countering with his own streight bam tills left loses power and doesnt fully extend or make contact.

Darren Till has almost everything in the stand up but he is flat footed (Typical of Thai fighters) where as Tyron Woodley has evidently been working his feet at the Mayweathers gym and whatever technical advantage Till may or may not have, is as good as void considering the advantage Woodley has on the footwork.

We call that move "pulling a Luke Rockhold".

Till's overall stance reminds me of Russell Crowe on South park
giphy.gif

Also, Till should have at least jabbed to the head and body, he has the reach and the footwork to do it. When Woodley shifts his chin to the yellow line and Till is in the correct angle that is when he should have fired his guns.

Does he even have a popper boxing coach?
Brilliant thread and analysis.

He relys on the momentum of his right arm to throw his left streight you can notice this if you watch his other fights he even does this in training if you rewatch this youl see the right he threw wasnt a punch or aimed at anything he made it look like one he uses the leverage pulling the right arm in to throw the left faster.

It wasn't the first punch that was meant to do shit it was the nuke he was trying to follow it with that would have been thrown with technique, Woodly smelt it coming from a mile away and made him pay

Back