This is why MMA is dying

Those guys have a lot of trivial shit packed into their brains, but there’s always gonna be some random shit that gets lost when cramming for something like this.

Also, Bruce Lee lost a lot of his luster after we all saw Brad Pitt kick his ass this year.

50022-000_tao_i_jet_kune_do_lee_1.jpg

Got a Chinese exchange student at my high school to help me translate a lot of the Chinese writings in the book. I was TMA nerd in HS, packing this book around, going to my McDojo 3x every week, attending escrima seminars, the whole nine yards.

Haha I remember practicing with my rattan escrima sticks in my yard one summer as a high school student, and the next thing I know, a few days later my neighbor is in his yard practicing with two broken off legs from an old table. They were the square kind at the top, and it looked ridiculous.

images

MMA is dying because of Dbag like Conor Mcshitter. Instead of showing respect and sportsmanship he turned that shit into WWF.

Ninjas were the assholes of Feudal Japan. In the 80s I wanted to be like Chuck Norris.

I graduated in '86 and loved me some kung-fu flicks! I don't know if it was a craze though. There were enough dubbed b-movies (or lower) to rotate through black-belt theater on weekends. The best was when the drive-in had two or three on a Friday night.
Anyway, I had a book on JKD and if I was Kareem I would have Bruce's iconic yellow suit with my enormous foot-print on it framed in my living room.

Ninjas were the assholes of Feudal Japan. In the 80s I wanted to be like Chuck Norris.

In the 80's I heard that behind Chuck Norris' beard there was no chin. Only another fist.

MMA is dying because some jeopardy nerds don't know what it is? They probably don't know what any sport is.

50022-000_tao_i_jet_kune_do_lee_1.jpg

Got a Chinese exchange student at my high school to help me translate a lot of the Chinese writings in the book. I was TMA nerd in HS, packing this book around, going to my McDojo 3x every week, attending escrima seminars, the whole nine yards.

Haha I remember practicing with my rattan escrima sticks in my yard one summer as a high school student, and the next thing I know, a few days later my neighbor is in his yard practicing with two broken off legs from an old table. They were the square kind at the top, and it looked ridiculous.

images

When I was stationed in the Middle East in 2001, I learned the basic two stick escrima combos from a Filipino guy with a Kali background. My training background was boxing, wrestling and Judo. For the first month before my rattan sticks arrived in the mail, I actually practiced with a broomstick cut in half LOL.

For the next 6 months on base, during our well-attended twice/week grappling and striking open mats, between rolls and sparring we would fuck around with the sticks and play with hypothetical match-ups like boxer vs. sticks, wrestler vs. sticks etc. The sticks give you a MASSIVE advantage if you know basic striking form and have basic footwork to know how to circle and stay on the outside. Unless unarmed guy is an athletic freak, he's going to take minimum 2 or 3 full force sticks to the noggin before being able to close with you.

Last edited:
In the 80's I heard that behind Chuck Norris' beard there was no chin. Only another fist.
Chuck Norris challenged Lance Armstrong to a contest to see who has the most testicles. Chuck Norris won by 11.

Just goes to show you that most people just don’t give a fuck about Bruce.

Also who the fuck trains jeet kune do anyway? It’s known to be absolute bullshit.

fuck you, asshole.

I train in a hybrid variation, but still.

Skeet Poon Ho for lyfe.

i know i used to ask all the nerds if they knew what Bruce Lee Martial art was called and, if they couldn't answer it, i'd give them a swirly. I did my part. One of you guys dropped the ball

MMA has been dead for a while. No one cares about D level athletes.

Back