This is why it’s very hard to not get triggered when it comes to some Sherbros comprehension!

I know you’re joking about a book but it would be an interesting read.

TBH I can't blame DC. He lost twice to JJ who is the best at using eye pokes. If you get free eye pokes you might as well use them. If nothing happens with the first 1-2 eye pokes then it's basically within the rules to do it.

Cormier landed a finger to the eye, Stipe got his 5 minutes to take out, which he decided to only take about 40 seconds, which is 100% on him, nothing to do with Cormier or corners or anyone else.

As long as you've been a fan I'm shocked that you too believe the eye-poked get 5 minutes. That's only for groin strikes. For eyepokes it's the DOCTOR who has up to five minutes, to determine whether or not the affected fighter can continue. Stipe couldv'e said he needed the doctor to buy some time I guess, but it wouldn't have been long enough to make a difference.

We all have favoritisms towards certain fighters but the only common thing that brings us together to this site is the love of watching MMA. There are things, however, that makes it almost impossible not to get triggered and also make me feel like I want to puke at the lack of admission to the facts. Here is one of the examples that makes it extremely hard to even try to debate on this site:
When DC literally and intentionally jabbed Stipe in eye as this gif shows clearly
giphy.gif

DC’s biased fans say it didn’t effect the outcome of the fight because the KO came much later!
Then you show them this gif
GiganticDrearyButterfly-size_restricted.gif

Right before the KO happened and then they say it doesn’t matter he would still have KO’d him anyway!
Really, so getting jabbed in your eyes doesn’t effect your vision and your focus process at all now?

I could write a whole book on the lack of comprehension and the state of denials but I will let you do your part.
So my question is how can you reason with these fans?
I'm a long time Stipe fan but that bottom GIF doesn't really show many any clear evidence of an eye poke.

He doesn't even blink with his right eye and you can't see the left from that angle but he certainly doesn't seem to react like someone who just took a debilitating poke to the eye plus the ref is actually standing at the perfect angle to have seen a poke too the left eye.

Prior too that they had both pretty blatantly poked eachother once with Stipe being the first so for if this is actually your biggest gripe against your follow posters on this site I think you're doing pretty good dude.

It's indisputable they both took a bad poke and it's pure speculation the KO wouldn't have happened in that sequence regardless of a poke I've yet to see concrete evidence of so maybe you're being the unreasonable fan here.

Regardless though, in 4 days when Stipe gets his revenge (assuming sitting out being a diva for the last year wasn't a bad decision), it will become a moot point until the trilogy fight.

I'm a long time Stipe fan but that bottom GIF doesn't really show many any clear evidence of an eye poke.

He doesn't even blink with his right eye and you can't see the left from that angle but he certainly doesn't seem to react like someone who just took a debilitating poke to the eye plus the ref is actually standing at the perfect angle to have seen a poke too the left eye.

Prior too that they had both pretty blatantly poked eachother once with Stipe being the first so for if this is actually your biggest gripe against your follow posters on this site I think you're doing pretty good dude.

It's indisputable they both took a bad poke and it's pure speculation the KO wouldn't have happened in that sequence regardless of a poke I've yet to see concrete evidence of so maybe you're being the unreasonable fan here.

Regardless though, in 4 days when Stipe gets his revenge (assuming sitting out being a diva for the last year wasn't a bad decision), it will become a moot point until the trilogy fight.

I can read from your writing that you’re very closed minded so I’m not going to bother arguing with you because maybe you need a magnifying glasses because 1. Stipe winces in that gif of you look closely and 2. His left eye was already hurt from the first jab! People like u refuse to see what’s in front of them and imagine whatever they want to see! Maybe DC was massaging his eyes and that’s why he opened them so he can comfort Stipe because he felt bad for him!

I can read from your writing that you’re very closed minded so I’m not going to bother arguing with you because maybe you need a magnifying glasses because 1. Stipe winces in that gif of you look closely and 2. His left eye was already hurt from the first jab! People like u refuse to see what’s in front of them and imagine whatever they want to see! Maybe DC was massaging his eyes and that’s why he opened them so he can comfort Stipe because he felt bad for him!
Haha, this is gold and pretty well proves my point.

Cute you calling me closed minded though, I like that.

@true_fan
Considering I was one of the people you were having a conversation with I'll be happy to answer your question.

I never said it didn't affect the fight. I do say it should be punished, possibly even a point taken away. But I won't agree with the notion that it is THE reason he was finished. He was finished because of a lot of factors, mainly because he dropped his left arm on the break in the clinch.

Go back and read my posts. I didn't say what you are claiming. Maybe others did. But you argued with me a few posts about this and it is you that won't acknowledge there were other factors that lead to the KO. The eye poke helped him in the fight and was a factor. It didn't cause the KO.

You act like DC stand's no chance unless he eye pokes Stipe. That's silly.

Well you are "looking closely" though maybe take a second to compare Stipes reaction in those 2 GIFs.

The first one he visible reacts immediately and goes into retreat mode to reach for his eye.

In the second he throws a punch and continues forward to grab the clinch.

I've never seen anyone react to an apparently brutal eye poke in any other way than he does in the first GIF, mainly because the reaction is involuntary.

Once again I was rooting for Stipe in this fight and have been a fan since he debuted, even predicting him as a future Champion as my post history would indicate so defending DC us not my objective here, disputing a narrative that's not as black and white as you are trying to make it appear however is.

We all have favoritisms towards certain fighters but the only common thing that brings us together to this site is the love of watching MMA. There are things, however, that makes it almost impossible not to get triggered and also make me feel like I want to puke at the lack of admission to the facts. Here is one of the examples that makes it extremely hard to even try to debate on this site:
When DC literally and intentionally jabbed Stipe in eye as this gif shows clearly
giphy.gif

DC’s biased fans say it didn’t effect the outcome of the fight because the KO came much later!

Right before the KO happened and then they say it doesn’t matter he would still have KO’d him anyway!
Really, so getting jabbed in your eyes doesn’t effect your vision and your focus process at all now?

I could write a whole book on the lack of comprehension and the state of denials but I will let you do your part.
You know that Stipe poked DC too, right?Screenshot_20190813-220609_YouTube.jpg

You know that Stipe poked DC too, right?View attachment 629607
This is after DC kept trying and looks unintentional but watch this video then comeback and tell me again please!

Well you are "looking closely" though maybe take a second to compare Stipes reaction in those 2 GIFs.

The first one he visible reacts immediately and goes into retreat mode to reach for his eye.

In the second he throws a punch and continues forward to grab the clinch.

I've never seen anyone react to an apparently brutal eye poke in any other way than he does in the first GIF, mainly because the reaction is involuntary.

Once again I was rooting for Stipe in this fight and have been a fan since he debuted, even predicting him as a future Champion as my post history would indicate so defending DC us not my objective here, disputing a narrative that's not as black and white as you are trying to make it appear however is.

giphy.gif

I agree that fans in general are super biased. And it creates some hilarious interactions of diametrically opposed viewpoints. Honestly, it's very tough to reason with fans when they are loyally supporting their fighter. It's also difficult in the same way to reason with irrational haters.

I think the real question is not how we can deal with other people, but how each of us can become more reasonable fans ourselves. Just as you complain about "those fans", someone else is likely complaining about you in another thread, where you support your favorite fighter.

The answer is not to look outside, but within. If each of us try to stop doing this, then sherdog might become a better place.

You know that Stipe poked DC too, right?View attachment 629607
Exactly -- it happens. I don't think DC is "Jon Jones level" yet where Jon literally admitted in an interview that he sticks his fingers out to try and eye poke people. He justified that "they poke themselves" when they move forward. That's like 5 year old logic, grabbing someones hand and hitting them in the face, arguing "they hit themselves in the face".

Hopefully DC doesn't poke Stipe again. If he keeps doing it, he might start to reach Jones levels.

I commented the following on YouTube (below the vid UFC 241: Inside the Octagon - Cormier vs Miocic 2) :
"Stipe never mentioned the eyepokes, that's a true champ".
GOT 1346 BLUE THUMBS IN ONLY 6 DAYS
F-A-C-T-S.
(I added that Stipe actually never mentioned it in the YouTube comments, unlike everybody).

Back