This is why I hated the Gus/Rumble match-up

Ziegmund

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Jones just basically cleared out the entire division besides these two. Now in 3 weeks Gus and Rumble will fight, and one of the two will be thrown out of title contention. If they had given Gus the next shot, and lined up Rumble with a fight against someone like Glover, both men could face off against Jones this year. And if Gus manages to beat JJ we could then still have gotten the Rumble/Gus fight.

True. But on the contrary, contenders do need to fight other contenders.

True. But on the contrary, contenders do need to fight other contenders.

While I do agree with this. Since when did UFC have any integrity in regards to giving titleshots. Look at the easy road McGregor is getting.

doesnt matter if gus loses he is still getting the rematch eventually.
but yea the smart thing would have been to make gus vs evans, and rumble vs bader.

I might agree with you if Jones and Gus hadn't already fought. But they did and jones already beat him. I love the Gus and Rumble match up

So the loser of Gus/Rumble is fed a winnable fight around the same time the winner of Gus/Rumble (WoGR) fights Jones. Perfect timing for the loser of Gus/Rumble to then fight the winner of WoGR/Jones. Not sure what the problem is.

Jones just basically cleared out the entire division besides these two. Now in 3 weeks Gus and Rumble will fight, and one of the two will be thrown out of title contention. If they had given Gus the next shot, and lined up Rumble with a fight against someone like Glover, both men could face off against Jones this year. And if Gus manages to beat JJ we could then still have gotten the Rumble/Gus fight.
Get the fuck over it. Gus lost to Jones.

So the loser of Gus/Rumble is fed a winnable fight around the same time the winner of Gus/Rumble (WoGR) fights Jones. Perfect timing for the loser of Gus/Rumble to then fight the winner of WoGR/Jones. Not sure what the problem is.

Thats assuming they'll do it this way of course.

Get the fuck over it. Gus lost to Jones.

Yeah..... thats actually not what I meant with that sentence. I meant it as he didnt fight guys like Lil Nog, Davis, Hendo etc. Meaning there are some guys out there, but they're neglible.

Protecting the ONLY star of UFC right now. Its obvious. Anything to prolong Jones facing the only guy the same size as Bones.

GUS.

Back