This is why heavyweights are the most dangerous fighters..

i'm a fedor fan, but that post earned this response

I do too enough credit cannot be given for his run but yeah some people just choose to forget his rough patch which is not terrible , Werdum has established himself as one of the 3 or 4 best HWs today , Dan can end a fight at any moment and people may hate on the loss to Bigfoot but lets face it Bigfoot has shown how dangerous he can be and he had a huge size advantage over Fedor.

Honestly I don't think it had a whole lot to do with the weight class. 205+ lbs of weight is still more than enough power to put someone's lights out. This HW he fought tonight just happens to be the best puncher he's fought by far other than maybe Glover.

Making Fedor fans look bad. Fedor is the GOAT because he was the best fighter and an absolute savage. Him being some small HW is an exaggeration. Dude was a big and powerful hard hitter who was much more agile than his opponents and bigger than his best two wins.

?

he really was small to the hw, wtf youre talking about

?

he really was small to the hw, wtf youre talking about

Not really. Certainly not for the time, maybe a bit nowadays. He was only about 10 lbs smaller than JDS/Cain and he's probably the same size as DC. I'm not saying he couldn't have made LHW but to act like he's a natural MW is just too much.

He was bigger than Nog and Crocop and was plenty strong for the weight class with a huge speed and agility advantage over his bigger opponents, not to mention skills.

Lol at Fedor being a natural MW.

He is a natural MW. He bulked up a lot to fight at HW. Not only is it obvious in his body style, it's also well known from his early days when he first started training to be an MMA fighter he was actually a scrawny guy. There are even pictures of him around of his military days just before he started training, he's quite clearly a natural MW.

Not really. Certainly not for the time, maybe a bit nowadays. He was only about 10 lbs smaller than JDS/Cain and he's probably the same size as DC. I'm not saying he couldn't have made LHW but to act like he's a natural MW is just too much.

He was bigger than Nog and Crocop and was plenty strong for the weight class with a huge speed and agility advantage over his bigger opponents, not to mention skills.

ok, but maybe he could be mw nowadays, who knows, i mean, if he was a fighter from this generation

and dc is small for hw too, and not only that but i've seen some people talking about dc maybe achieving mw cause of the extra fat

i love it only to watch little insecure chubby nerd haters like jordan breen and tj de santis eat shit.

yeah hw's on average get tired faster than lw's... but guess what? theyd still beat the shit out of 99% of the world.

He is a natural MW. He bulked up a lot to fight at HW. Not only is it obvious in his body style, it's also well known from his early days when he first started training to be an MMA fighter he was actually a scrawny guy. There are even pictures of him around of his military days just before he started training, he's quite clearly a natural MW.

:icon_neut

Fedor_Emelianenko_1000823.jpg

Look at CroCop before he started training MMA, quite clearly a natural lightweight

mirkoteenagerrt9.jpg

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ok, but maybe he could be mw nowadays, who knows, i mean, if he was a fighter from this generation

and dc is small for hw too, and not only that but i've seen some people talking about dc maybe achieving mw cause of the extra fat

He and DC (if his kidneys weren't messed up) could maybe make that weight but they would lose a lot more than fat in the process. I think people underestimate how big Fedor and DC are because of their build

Fedor has a KO loss to a Natural MW :icon_twis

which exemplifies his greatness, a fighter with a seemingly shit chin capable of being KO'd by a MW sacks up and fights in a division where even lower ranked fighters like Miocic have brutal KO power relatively speaking.

It just proves that Miocic was better than Maldonado... which shouldn't surprise anyone.

Heavyweights are heavyweights for a reason.

That said, Maldonado is a tough, doughy gatekeeper at 205 with a solid chin and very little striking defense who took a fight on incredibly short notice... and Miocic is a top 10 HW. This could really have only ended one way. I'm surprised that people are surprised.

lol @ Maldonando being gatekeeper. he's nothing more than a slave to JBG

Shocked a top ten HW could beat a LHW outside of the top 40.

This why Sherdog always root for the winner of the last fight that happens minutes ago.

Back