This is why Goldie sucks for fans, too corporate

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Lanx, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Lanx

Lanx 房仕龍 Double Yellow Card

error

Hotties' head/arm throw, the only good move of the night and Goldie just keeps on reading his aftershow promo

*edit
    hmmm uploading error

TheGZA likes this.
  2. emema

emema Purple Belt

Leave Goldie alone! Leave him alone dammit.
    [​IMG]

Psychedelic likes this.
  3. Thy

Thy Red Belt

I hate how he leans into peoples faces and says stupid shit that's 100% wrong all the time.

Like with rogan rogans always looking normal and talking and goldies always leaning his face towards him. same with goldie and stann last event and like with everything. it's like he's a retarded puppy looking for approval and it's just ew.

cigano, Psychedelic and TheGZA like this.
  4. Lanx

fixed

cigano, biscuitsbrah and TheGZA like this.
  5. TheGZA

TheGZA Excellent! But not good.

It was rather bizarre to hear the play-by-play guy steadfastly refuse to do play-by-play for the most important part of a fight. I guess he's just coasting until he gets caned.

blaseblah likes this.
  6. Spycho

Spycho Black Belt

Again: even if he calls a low kick a lay up and a straight right a penalty kick and runs his mouth about Corn Nuts, he's still better than Anik and, god forbid, posh British dude.

biscuitsbrah and Psychedelic like this.
  7. Coconut Joe

Coconut Joe Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Who can forget this classic:

[​IMG]

8. EGarrett

EGarrett Silver Belt

I'll take Goldberg's light gaffes over Joe's "Once Ever" insane douchebaggery anyday. Joe won't apologize or acknowledge that shit which means that it might happen again, and that's a deal-breaker.

WinZip likes this.
  9. mikehunt

mikehunt ........Belt Buckle........

deviake and TheGZA like this.
  10. The guest

The guest Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

You see that in alot of sports though. They have to get the legal shit out of the way. Or plug this, or that.

The director tells them them to go and they go. It's actually pretty strange. I did a 15 minute live segment for the 2005 Grey Cup Game on the CBC network. You wear a live mic. And have an ear piece in. You're listening to all kinds of shit through that ear piece. It's distracting as fuck.

I've done it for radio, too.

biscuitsbrah and Okajima like this.
  11. WinZip

WinZip Trial Version Expired

Joe basically sold himself completely to the Zuffa/WME/UFC. When he's commentating, he doesn't say what he really thinks but rather whatever the UFC wants him to say. That's why we get comments like "once ever" and it's also why every goddamn fight is so fake-hype. I like MMA. I like watching MMA. I don't complain about watered down cards because free MMA is free MMA. That said, there's some fights that absolutely are not interesting, or at least don't appear to be interesting on paper (before they actually start). Some fights that I think will suck wind up being FOTY candidates, and some that I think are shoe-in FOTY candidates end up being duds (Machida vs Hendo for example).

But Joe Rogan is way too goddamn hype on every single fighter and every single fight and quite frankly it's insulting. No, Joe Rogan, that prelim fight between two fighters not ranked in the top 50 is NOT a hugely important, division-shattering fight. It's not a monumental moment in MMA history - it's a fucking prelim on a FightPass card.

That all said, Goldberg is embarrassing to listen to as well, but at least he's not such a transparently biased, fake-hype "straight shooter" who is just as full of shit as Dana White.

12. Mixed

Mixed Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Rogan is actually worse than Goldie. He's supposed to be an analyst but he doesn't even fight. He does jiu-jitsu and used to compete in TKD competitions. I'd rather have an actual fighter doing the analysis.

13. Okajima

Okajima Red Belt

LoL he has to say that stuff, and has to say it during the fight.

Notice when he starts the plug it's before the throw, when it seemed like there would be no action for a few seconds. Seemed like a good time to do it.

14. Lanx

No action? it was like 30s of knees to the body by both girls, if you actually rewatch it, Hottie was striking all the way to get PVZ, with her kneews, cuz Hottie is shorter, but her leg control is amazing.

15. AP_RESURRECTION

AP_RESURRECTION Gold Belt

yep, not surprising that people cant understand stuff like this - companies want plugs at the most opportune times so you cant ignore them if you try - its purposefully intrusive and prob fairly expensive compared to other times when they cant hold the viewer hostage and force you to listen to them - the play by play needs to handle all those plugs and also call the fight - its naturally awkward

Jblizzle likes this.
  16. Psychedelic

Psychedelic Red Belt

Joe is the GOAT at mma commentary. Fuck you and fuck Jon Anik

17. Okajima

Okajima Red Belt

I didn't watch the fight, just the clip.

Regardless, he usually does plugs when there seems to be a break in the action. He can't get it right all the time.

18. EGarrett

EGarrett Silver Belt

He was until Rondagate.

19. OverPressure

OverPressure A stepladder!

You see, what he wants to do, is, he wants to cinch that choke... oh, now it's deep. That's a wrap, it's over.
    It's over. This is his signature move.

... Oh, he's out, now...

20. Psychedelic

Psychedelic Red Belt

It was extremely stupid, and as the kids say these days, cringeworthy, but it doesn't take away anything from Joe's commentator skills.