Media This is where Floyd Mayweather separates himself from Conor McGregor

People who think Floyd purposefully used a bad strategy or did not try against Conor to be nice to the fans or for whatever reason are delusional. If Floyd "carried" Conor for the first rounds it would be because he thought it would improve his chances of winning.
There's a reason Floyd walked out to the cage wearing a ski mask that night and as for your theory I think in the unlikely event Floyd at any point leading up too this fight there was any chance if him not winning or being KOed they were dispelled the second a fresh Conor landed the hardest cleanest shot he could have hoped for and Floyd wasn't fazed by it at all, from then in I'm sure he knew he could do whatever he wanted.

If you search my history you can find the in-depth version of my theory but the gist is Floyd used Conor to change his perception among casuals and have this be his lasting memory.

People felt robbed by the Pac fight so he made sure they felt they got there moneys worth here and left happy and entertained.

Stood right in front of and walked Conor down dispelling the "all he does is run" and "he's afraid to fight" myths.

Stopped Conor dispelling the "He can't finish" myth.

Made Conor look like a passable Boxer because imo I think he wanted to set up a chance to collaborate with him in the future either co-promoting Conor in future Boxing events or an MMA endevour together.

He completly changes how casuals who had never really seen him fight and just parroted BS they heard other people saying and left with people seeing him as an entertaining fighter who walked down MMA's "heaviest hitter" and took the fight too him until he made him wilt under the pressure.

Any average boxer could beat the shit out of Conor or any of the other top MMA guys
Accidentally clicked like sorry. A lot of MMA guys have winning pro boxing records so I don't think the boxing level in MMA is quite that low.

Accidentally clicked like sorry. A lot of MMA guys have winning pro boxing records so I don't think the boxing level in MMA is quite that low.

Name some

When it comes to boxing Mayweather took a shit in an elevator then took that shit to another level.

Floyd and Conor are the two biggest draws in their sport, but Floyd is better at owning media, Conor always starts going erm eh erm eh when he is trying to come up with something to say, when he isn't acting like a wild man to sell fights.

This is one of the most iconic moments in Floyds career, he destroys the media and silences them in this rant. He shut them all down. Conor gets tongue tied when it comes to having to defend himself, Floyd dropping facts, you gotta respect that man. What makes this even sweeter is Floyd Mayweather destroyed and humiliated Manny Pacquiao when they fought, Pac looked like a defeated fighter who almost quit.

duh floyd owns more that happenes when he fights for himself.

pacman was healthy and the fkoyd controls nsac made it easier for floyd. notice floyd is never willing to rematch a healthy pacman.

He didn't really get the chance. The ref dove in like he was taking a bullet for the president.

Disagree and he had 9 rounds prior to that 10th round.

The excuses for Floyds performance are pathetic.

duh floyd owns more that happenes when he fights for himself.

pacman was healthy and the fkoyd controls nsac made it easier for floyd. notice floyd is never willing to rematch a healthy pacman.
Is that Floyds fault? Floyd already said his health is more important that haters just want to see him lose, so why would he rematch a healthy Pacman who has a shot at beating him? Floyd is smart.

To Floyd’s credit he had the patience to drag the fight out for longer instead of knocking him out in the first round. Boredom eventually set it in the 10th and he said “that’s it”.

yeah was a clear case of floyd carrying conor, wanted to give the fans something to watch considering what the ticket buyers paid, ortherwise he would have finished him in less then 5.

I don't like Floyd as I think he's boring in the ring and too annoying and arrogant outside of it. However, he very clearly allowed the fight with Conor to go on longer than it could or should have. He could have stopped Conor easily at any time IMO. But he's a smart business man and wanted to give the fans some money.

Even more than that I believe he wanted to let it go on longer enough and leave just enough question/doubt in people's mind so that he could potentially sell a 2nd fight. Floyd vs Conor was like the 2nd biggest PPV of ALL TIME! Let that sink in for a second. Floyd isn't an idiot and clearly left the door open to sell a 2nd fight for a huge payday.

If he had knocked Conor out in 2 rounds nobody would want a 2nd fight.

I don't like Floyd as I think he's boring in the ring and too annoying and arrogant outside of it. However, he very clearly allowed the fight with Conor to go on longer than it could or should have. He could have stopped Conor easily at any time IMO. But he's a smart business man and wanted to give the fans some money.

Even more than that I believe he wanted to let it go on longer enough and leave just enough question/doubt in people's mind so that he could potentially sell a 2nd fight. Floyd vs Conor was like the 2nd biggest PPV of ALL TIME! Let that sink in for a second. Floyd isn't an idiot and clearly left the door open to sell a 2nd fight for a huge payday.

If he had knocked Conor out in 2 rounds nobody would want a 2nd fight.
legit i was not even thinking he was thinking about the rematch at that time, but that makes sense. but there is still nothing from the first fight that leaves any speculation on how the second fight would go. they are just different levels, and one hasnt even had a pro boxing match till that fight... if anything im more down for a rematch for may vs pac and wish we saw that earlier because doubt it happens now.

Floyd should stfu after nearly getting his head removed against Conor Mcgregor in his very first boxing match exposing the sport as a joke
What fight did you watch brudda? This may be more delusional than Conor

yeah was a clear case of floyd carrying conor, wanted to give the fans something to watch considering what the ticket buyers paid, ortherwise he would have finished him in less then 5.
I still think Conor landing a few punches on Floyd was shocking but that's the extent of it. I'm sure even Floyd, trained or not, was shocked that Conor could do that.

So yes, Floyd could never be beat by Conor and yes Floyd is a boxer carrying a tryer, for sure. I get that.

But still, if I were Conor and I even landed 1 flush punch on Floyd, I'd be sticking out my chest too. Floyd intended to carry him but he didn't realize he'd have to eat a shot or two to stretch it out like that. I'm sure he privately remarked "that boy actually hit me once or twice!" - he had to be amazed.

Not much, but it's something.

Is that Floyds fault? Floyd already said his health is more important that haters just want to see him lose, so why would he rematch a healthy Pacman who has a shot at beating him? Floyd is smart.

floyd is scared so he protecting the 0. he talked hey conor hey khabib cause canelo and pacman rematches are way to risky.

Dana desperately wanted to have his own Mayweather for the UFC and Conor was the closest thing to it. They put millions into marketing Conor(who could also market himself) and wanted nothing more than have this guy reign with the belt. The problem was Floyd is a lot more organic and had the skills to back up what he said. McGregor (regardless of having the billion dollar machine behind him) didn't quite have that compared to Floyd and comes across like some second hand knock off in comparison.

There still is a long way to go between Conor and anyone else behind him so I'd say he and the UFC did pretty good. Now we have the McGregor effect where people try and do what he does and it looks even more pathetic and cheap lol.

People who think Floyd purposefully used a bad strategy or did not try against Conor to be nice to the fans or for whatever reason are delusional. If Floyd "carried" Conor for the first rounds it would be because he thought it would improve his chances of winning.
You clearly never watched Floyd fight before.

I think there had to be some sort of betting thing that had to do with why Floyd carried Conor so long. Maybe a prop bet paid out nicely. Don't remember seeing any odds.

floyd is scared so he protecting the 0. he talked hey conor hey khabib cause canelo and pacman rematches are way to risky.
Floyd is no coward, he is a smart man, he said he refuses to let boxing ruin him and he changed the game he can pick and choose who he wants for the most money, because like he said the fans dont give a shit about him they just wanna see him lose and his health is more important.

Floyd and Conor are the two biggest draws in their sport, but Floyd is better at owning media, Conor always starts going erm eh erm eh when he is trying to come up with something to say, when he isn't acting like a wild man to sell fights.

This is one of the most iconic moments in Floyds career, he destroys the media and silences them in this rant. He shut them all down. Conor gets tongue tied when it comes to having to defend himself, Floyd dropping facts, you gotta respect that man. What makes this even sweeter is Floyd Mayweather destroyed and humiliated Manny Pacquiao when they fought, Pac looked like a defeated fighter who almost quit.

lol you are so full it

Back