This is What the UFC Feared All Along

U just flooding or something? Every topic I get in, you're like the 1st guy to answer, and in 85% of the time you're acting like a child. You're here to discuss MMA or to get a bigger number of posts?

Time to grow up dude. You're gonna like it here.

Add something relevant to the discussion or gtfo..

In response to the thread:

I agree, partialy, but I still don't think Jones is THAT huge. I even think A.Silva was bigger not so long ago.

Jones is not bigger than the UFC. They could fire him tomorrow if they wanted.

FearfulHairyBubblefish.gif

The thing is that the UFC has been waiting for a guy to sort of transcend the sport and give them the "push". I think it's just a gamble that the guy that does this for them can handle the limelight once he's there.
They put their collective chips on Jonny when GSP bailed, Andy got beat, Brock was long gone and Rhonda didn't gather the needed steam from the male dominated fanbase.
Was it a little desperate given the obvious warning signs in the last couple years, absolutely.
They still have a stack of chips in front of them and are hoping to catch a good river card at this point.

U just flooding or something? Every topic I get in, you're like the 1st guy to answer, and in 85% of the time you're acting like a child. You're here to discuss MMA or to get a bigger number of posts?

Time to grow up dude. You're gonna like it here.

Add something relevant to the discussion or gtfo..

Boom! Well said...

The thing is that the UFC has been waiting for a guy to sort of transcend the sport and give them the "push". I think it's just a gamble that the guy that does this for them can handle the limelight once he's there.
They put their collective chips on Jonny when GSP bailed, Andy got beat, Brock was long gone and Rhonda didn't gather the needed steam from the male dominated fanbase.
Was it a little desperate given the obvious warning signs in the last couple years, absolutely. They still have a stack of chips in front of them and are hoping to catch a good river card at this point.

True.
I'm not saying the UFC is dying, I'm just saying they're simmering in the soup they made and should probably go a different route in "Creating" stars.

No. Just no.

So why are they sticking by this guy so vehemently, not telling his opponents about failed drug tests, not fining him for breaking fighter conduct, etc?

So why are they sticking by this guy so vehemently, not telling his opponents about failed drug tests, not fining him for breaking fighter conduct, etc?

This must suck to see as another fighter. If it was anyone else, they would have been made an example out of to protect the brand.

I wonder if any more guys would join the lawsuit over this double standard

What I find more interesting then anything, is the fact that Jon Jones could have a bunch of korean refugees locked up in his basement sewing up reebok gear while he greg and dana take turns snorting lines off the chests of high dollar hookers with jimi Hendrinks" all along the watchtower" playing in the backround and nobody would bat an eye around here. Its just jon being jon is what they will say.........

GSP v hardy sold more ppvs than anything Jones has ever done. (until these numbers come out at least)

GSP v hardy sold more ppvs than anything Jones has ever done. (until these numbers come out at least)

A lot of you are missing the forest from the trees here.

Also, this is why Dana wants this guy to "embrace the heel" role.
He knows there's only so long they can keep pretending this guy is a role model and an upstanding citizen. He's one more event away from being a figure of sympathy if they keep trying to convince us this 27 year old is the epitome of humanity. If he plays up the heel, they can stop being disingenuous and start saying "Jones is Jones".

Even if he plays the heel role, I'm not even sure if he can actually hold the heel role. He's no Floyd may weather interns of mic skills

Even if he plays the heel role, I'm not even sure if he can actually hold the heel role. He's no Floyd may weather interns of mic skills

Floyd works because he knows when to give a shit. Jones cares about fucking t-shirts

Back