This is what I do for a living

My grandad did this kind of work

Right up until like 75

He had a big van and he done house clearances. He was throwing round fridges and sofas way into his 70s

He used to make a fortune, first he would get paid from the people needing their house cleared. Then he would go to the market and sell all their stuff and get paid again ha was crazy
my truck isnt that big yet. i need a biglier truck

That's a cool thing to do. But I am not sure why I should do it. I could make more just by working an extra hour or 2 at my normal gig.
great, sounds like you have a great job. this thread is more for normal people

I believe it, If you're creative, and are willing to do the footwork to find it, you can do really well. I know a couple girls I went to college with, find/restore things with that hipster look, they are always posting items even on Facebook, and they sell crazy fast most of the time.

My uncle got into restoration and antiques and made his living off of it. He hits garage sales as the homeowners are bringing out their first box and starts making offers to help so he can see the goods first and pounce. Doing an attic clean out, he found a legit cover (no pages) for Detective Comics #27. It netted him five figures. He lived across from the projects and his sons' "friends" burglarized them. He had to laugh because they took the Super Nintendo and games but left a bunch of knick knacks worth thousands of dollars each.

Very interesting TS. I'm interested in getting into something like this someday (albeit probably more as a hobby to start with).

Is it just cupboards and tables etc? Do you do things like sofas, or leather arm chairs?

Were you self-taught or did you get formal instruction at any point?

Cheers!

Kansas City. I only sell furniture locally. I do sell on ebay though so if you want any cool legos or skylanders just let me know

So you assemble Legos and sell them?

Tell me about that.

And wth are skylanders?

I sold a custom Darth Jar Jar Binks lego figure for like 15 bucks. Sold instantly.

Back