This is what I do for a living

RockstarChris

Dwight Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Someones trash is always my treasure.

If anyone wants to know more just let me know. You can literally make like 100 bucks just by walking into a thrift store and buying something.

I bought a broken screwdriver at a thrift store, how do I make the 100.00$ now?

I'm letting you know I want to learn more. I'm pretty handy with my errr hands, but you literally pay all your bills by flipping old furniture?

I'm letting you know I want to learn more. I'm pretty handy with my errr hands, but you literally pay all your bills by flipping old furniture?

I would imagine cleaning, repairing and repainting as well?

In the UK you could probably get a lot of this kind of stuff for free online as people would need to pay to get the council to take it away.

If anyone wants to know more just let me know. You can literally make like 100 bucks just by walking into a thrift store and buying something.

Everyone talks about flipping stuff from thrift shops. Why don't the thrift shops just polish some of the crap and sell it online, then?

Nice work there! I'm sure there's a market for some hipsters etc who'd buy those.
There some antique stores near me that takes old chest of drawers/tables then try and sell them for 600 odd.
Mind you, they got them originally as they were being binned anyway.

last month i bought a yeti mic, new computer, hd pvr, mic stand, samsung tab A tablet, tripod, tablet mount, pop filter, speakers, a new monitor, $150 of games, an elite pro membership at gamestop, made beef jerky 2 times, and a few other things.

Dont even get me started on my lego and skylander ebay business.

Buy furniture and just slap a coat of paint on it. Takes like an hour, then resell on craigslist for 5-8x what you paid. I tried to explain this to all of my family members that always complain about money problems but they literally wont take an hour or 2 to go do this or will just say they dont shop at thrift stores and will go on complaining about money and ask more from my parents.

goodwill, salvation army, savers, etc. when I go to thrift stores I always come home with about 4-600 worth of stuff

I also give quite a bit to charities but I dont like to mention that normally.

Can we call you the Junkyard Man?

Nice work there! I'm sure there's a market for some hipsters etc who'd buy those.
There some antique stores near me that takes old chest of drawers/tables then try and sell them for 600 odd.
Mind you, they got them originally as they were being binned anyway.

people asking that much does not know their craigslist customers.

anything over 175 and you are in dream land

Cool. Lots of people just want shit gone, they'll give it away for almost free (or sometimes-free).

For many years I'd buy cheap drum sets, and flip them for a profit. I often get kits for $50 (or less), flip for upwards of $500. It's knowing where to get them cheap (FB Marketplace, CL, Thrift Shops, etc), and who to sell to afterwards, like idiotic hipsters.

It started out as a fluke, I still do it all these years later though...not as hardcore, but it funds my vintage drum collection. Plus the extra cash I just throw into the bank. I haven't paid a cent for gear in 20 years.

Cool. Lots of people just want shit gone, they'll give it away for almost free (or sometimes-free).

For many years I'd buy cheap drum sets, and flip them for a profit. I often get kits for $50 (or less), flip for upwards of $500. It's knowing where to get them cheap (FB Marketplace, CL, Thrift Shops, etc), and who to sell to afterwards, like idiotic hipsters.

It started out as a fluke, I still do it all these years later though...not as hardcore, but it funds my vintage drum collection. Plus the extra cash I just throw into the bank. I haven't paid a cent for gear in 20 years.

yea its not even about furniture, thats just my thing. I know people that know electronics that do what I do and make more money, but I dont know electronics, books, cloths, etc. Stick to what you know and are good at.

I worked at a shop in college that sold vintage clothing along with being a skateboard shop + smoke shop. He'd go all over buying different clothes and sell them for a ridiculous markup. He could find a Motley Crue shirt for literally $1 and sell it for $15-$20. When you get into leather jackets or vintage dresses, he'd make a killing. It was definitely a grind though.

Didn't you write in another thread you were looking for work? If you know how to flip items IRL, why don't you just do it online?

I used to do the same thing but higher end mid century modern furniture. But, there was more involved than slapping on a new coat of paint.

Back