This is what boxers say about the greatest boxer ever, when they aren't promoting

I don't have to respect him as a person.

And I don't have to recognize Floyd as "The Best Ever", and when it's all said and done, he will be lucky to be recognized as one of the top 20 best boxers ever, and that's only if he retires undefeated.

When does "all said and done" end? I hope that Boxing continues for hundreds of more years and there are many more talented dudes out there. As of now, however, Money is top 20.

Pep is criminally underrated, the guy was 150-1-1 at a point in his career and kept fighting Saddler who was his Marquez.

Foreman fought in the era of the greats and his Frazier fight was domination of an ATG.

Jones- had talent off the meter and imagine Canelo going up to heavyweight and getting even a paper belt that's what Roy did.

Duran was a lightweight who went up and took Leonard's zero and beat Barkley.

Louis was pretty dominant during his time but is accused of bum of the month club.

Pep didn't fight nearly the same level of competition as Floyd. I bet Floyd goes 150-1-1 against a huge list of bums with a couple good fighters mixed in too.

Foreman fought some greats but didn't beat that many. He beat Frazier, Norton, Lyle, and?

Jones had the unfortunate curse of fighting in the era that he did. I pick a prime Roy Jones over damn near every human who's ever lived but he didn't really beat the same class of fighters.

Duran's claim to fame is beating Leonard and Barkley. Beat Davey Moore, Esteban De Jesus, and Carlos Palomino as well. Those are great wins. His losses are what holds him back.

And yeah, Louis was a great fighter who fought weak competition much like Roy Jones.

Last edited:
Naw Frazier, Moore, Foreman, Holmes, Liston, Norton, Patterson and Shavers is the best list of opponents ever faced.

Genaro Hernandez
Angel Manfredy
Chico Corrales
Jose Luis Castillo
Zab Judah
Ricky Hatton
Shane Mosley
Oscar De La Hoya
Miguel Cotto
Juan Manuel Marquez
Canelo Alvarez

Hernandez, Manfredy, Corrales, Hatton, Castillo, and Canelo, all in their prime. Mosley was coming off the biggest win of his career. Marquez and Cotto are legends who came up with Floyd. De La Hoya was on the decline and Judah is Judah but that's a hell of a list.

Let's also not forget tough dudes like Gatti, Maidana, and Baldomir either. Hell of a list, IMO, though it's not equal to Ali's.

Naw Frazier, Moore, Foreman, Holmes, Liston, Norton, Patterson and Shavers is the best list of opponents ever faced.

Are you serious?

I mean, thats a respectable list, best HW resume perhaps. But other fighters haven't beaten as many or more greats.

Norton and Shavers are questionable as support of a best opponents list.

Name 20 boxers who belong over him.

SRR
Henry Armstrong
Muhammad Ali
Ezzard Charles
Roberto Duran
SRL
Marvin Hagler
Thomas Hearns
Archie Moore
JCC
Pernell Whitaker
Carlos Monzon
Willie Pep
Joe Louis
RJJ
Manny Pacquiao

Is floyd at #17 fair?

SRR
Henry Armstrong
Muhammad Ali
Ezzard Charles
Roberto Duran
SRL
Marvin Hagler
Thomas Hearns
Archie Moore
JCC
Pernell Whitaker
Carlos Monzon
Willie Pep
Joe Louis
RJJ
Manny Pacquiao

Is floyd at #17 fair?

196fuarapyylmgif.gif

Last edited:
roberto duran, jcc, whitaker, pacquaio are in no conceivable way ahead of floyd

SRR
Henry Armstrong
Muhammad Ali
Ezzard Charles
Roberto Duran
SRL
Marvin Hagler
Thomas Hearns
Archie Moore
JCC
Pernell Whitaker
Carlos Monzon
Willie Pep
Joe Louis
RJJ
Manny Pacquiao

Is floyd at #17 fair?

lol at Carlos Monzon on there. And Hagler over Floyd. That whole list really. Pernell Whitaker and Ezzard Charles more accomplished than Floyd? :icon_lol:

SRR
Henry Armstrong
Muhammad Ali
Ezzard Charles
Roberto Duran
SRL
Marvin Hagler
Thomas Hearns
Archie Moore
JCC
Pernell Whitaker
Carlos Monzon
Willie Pep
Joe Louis
RJJ
Manny Pacquiao

Is floyd at #17 fair?

Hearns
Hagler
Duran
Whitaker
Louis
Pac
Charles
Moore
JCC
Monzon

do not belong ahead of Floyd, the others are somewhat debatable, but all on the same level.

8:44- time of the pwn.

A testament, I say.

8:44- time of the pwn.

in the Hopkins video?

I am a big Hopkins fan, but I thought that was a terrible video. Is he trying to say he is better than Floyd cause of moving up? Hopkins, a bigger poerson, went from 160-175, 15 pounds.

Floyd went from 130-154, 24 pounds. Not to mention as one gets smaller, the size difference becomes more apparent, which is why it goes up every 3-4 poudns then 5-7, then 5-10, then 10-15, etc.

So he self-pwned himself there as well.

in the Hopkins video?

I am a big Hopkins fan, but I thought that was a terrible video. Is he trying to say he is better than Floyd cause of moving up? Hopkins, a bigger poerson, went from 160-175, 15 pounds.

Floyd went from 130-154, 24 pounds. Not to mention as one gets smaller, the size difference becomes more apparent, which is why it goes up every 3-4 poudns then 5-7, then 5-10, then 10-15, etc.

So he self-pwned himself there as well.

No, the series of posts calling out that list.

lol at Carlos Monzon on there. And Hagler over Floyd. That whole list really. Pernell Whitaker and Ezzard Charles more accomplished than Floyd? :icon_lol:

Did you see me argue Floyd over Hagler in another thread? I feel I presented a good argument, yet no one can ever counter what I say.

All I get is "LOLL he beat John Mugabi and destroyed Hearns, almost lost to Duran, and dropped a fight to SRL, and you think FLOYD has done similar?"

I see all of the fab 4 really in that same light. I don't think any can be rated over Floyd. He has come up on top in every place they came up short.

edit: I see what you mean about the time, hahaha. nice.

Pac has the better resume than Floyd. More divisions, more world titles, better list of opposition.

Pac beat Mosley, Cotto, Hatton, Oscar, all better than Floyd.

Floyd has the JMM victory that is better.

MAB, Morales much better wins than Castillo, Corrales.

Clottely > Ortiz

Bradley > Canelo

Marg > Ghost

Did you see me argue Floyd over Hagler in another thread? I feel I presented a good argument, yet no one can ever counter what I say.

All I get is "LOLL he beat John Mugabi and destroyed Hearns, almost lost to Duran, and dropped a fight to SRL, and you think FLOYD has done similar?"

I see all of the fab 4 really in that same light. I don't think any can be rated over Floyd. He has come up on top in every place they came up short.

edit: I see what you mean about the time, hahaha. nice.

Hagler vs Floyd boils down to "Floyd never fought Duran" in the opinions of many.

Floyd is an easy top 10 ATG. He's been fighting P4P ranked guys and/or champions pretty much exclusively for the past 10 years.

I think Hagler and maybe Leonard can be rated above Floyd but it's definitely arguable. I think that's because I see Hagler's middleweight division as deeper than most do, as evidenced by my debate with Seano earlier about Hugo Corra :icon_lol:

Duran- best lightweight of all time and won title from 135-160
JCC- 87-0 before losing to Pernell
Sweat Pea- one of, if not the best defensive fighter of all time
Pacman- titles in 8 divisions with wins over Barrera,Morales, JMM, and Cotto

Pac has the better resume than Floyd. More divisions, more world titles, better list of opposition.

Clottely > Ortiz

Bradley > Canelo

Marg > Ghost

Losses count for something though.

Pac got splattered by a guy that Floyd made to look silly.

Pac lost to Bradley.

And Morales. etc.

Clottey great than Ortiz? ......hmmm.....

Clottely > Ortiz

Bradley > Canelo

Marg > Ghost

Floyd beat them first. "Better" is irrelevant and has more to do with styles than anything else.
Take into account Pacquiao's knockout loss and his loss to Bradley and Floyd's ahead.
Pac also lost to Morales first and Corrales was p4p ~4 when Floyd beat him.
Clottey was coming off a loss when Pac beat him. Ortiz was coming off FOTY.
Bradley win was legit.
MArgarito was coming off the worst stoppage loss of his career, Ghost was coming off his best.
You always completely ignore PAcquiao's losses which is just laughable.

Back