This is what boxers say about the greatest boxer ever, when they aren't promoting

TomKat26

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Floyd is the greatest ever. Say what you will..but I absolutely believe he is. He's not always entertaining to some people...but to not respect his defense & movement...you are not a real boxing fan in my opinion. The REAL best isn't always flashly. If you want flashy, go watch a Jet Li movie.

Thanks. We needed another Floyd thread.

Thanks. We needed another Floyd thread.

Imagine the abundance of Sugar Ray Leonard threads there would have been in the early 80's, or the shitstorms after Chavez/Taylor and Leonard/Hagler.

Imagine the abundance of Sugar Ray Leonard threads there would have been in the early 80's, or the shitstorms after Chavez/Taylor and Leonard/Hagler.

Omg God...

Replace Taylor with Mayweather and Chavez with Maidana...imagine if the fight unfolded like that??

but to not respect his defense & movement...you are not a real boxing fan in my opinion

What does this even mean?

Do I have to respect his capacity to beat women as well?

What does this even mean?

Do I have to respect his capacity to beat women as well?

I don't know, can you recognize that Ray Robinson was great even though he smacked his wife around?

I don't know, can you recognize that Ray Robinson was great even though he smacked his wife around?

I don't have to respect him as a person.

And I don't have to recognize Floyd as "The Best Ever", and when it's all said and done, he will be lucky to be recognized as one of the top 20 best boxers ever, and that's only if he retires undefeated.

To me Ali just has to good of a resume and I doubt anyone will ever top him.

I was literally going to reply with the exact same thing and not to mention how well liked Tyson was. People only apply morals to Floyd.

There would have been a LOT of butthurt.

dude...that is putting it lightly...

Every boxing forum on the web would crash....

the PBFCSC would literally carry out acts of mass murder and/or suicide.

Argentina would elect Maidana as eternal President.

Goldenboy would take his own life and put it on Youtube.

And I don't have to recognize Floyd as "The Best Ever", and when it's all said and done, he will be lucky to be recognized as one of the top 20 best boxers ever, and that's only if he retires undefeated.
Name 20 boxers who belong over him.

Despite having the worst fanbase in sports history, Mayweather is easily top 20, top 10 even.

dude...that is putting it lightly...

Every boxing forum on the web would crash....

the PBFCSC would literally carry out acts of mass murder and/or suicide.

Argentina would elect Maidana as eternal President.

Goldenboy would take his own life and put it on Youtube.

"eternal president" :icon_lol:

Name 20 boxers who belong over him.

There aren't. Floyd is easily top 20. Like I said before, I'd have him top 10. Lots of people dislike Floyd for hundreds of thousands of reasons. I love his work but have no opinion on him as a person. I just recognize when a guy is a special fighter.

Despite having the worst fanbase in sports history

200px-Miami_Heat_logo.svg.png

The big 3-era Heat fans are horrible.

Back