This is the first time I am not picking Romero to win

I'm picking against Yoel and i'm awesome at picking Yoel fights!

My Pick History: Yoel Romero
9 Predictions · 2 - 7

( considering my statistics I should put money on Yoel )

He was always the favorite in my book and won most of the losses too.
But the guy is 43 now. His gas tank is smaller than ever. Izzy is a terrible match up for him. Izzy has iron chin, cardio for 5 and does constant pressure. Plus he seems to have greatly improved that TDD, Romero can't afford to waste valuable energy in defended take downs. Striking wise Izzy is much more technical striker and although he doesn't posses KO power, he will pepper ROmero with hundreds of jabs and gas him out in the 3rd round and finish him.
That being said, WAAAAAAAR ROMERO, hoping for that hail mary out of nowhere.
Yoel-Romero.png

I am with you TS. As a Romero fan myself, I think his fight IQ and lack of submissions is terrible for a match with Izzy who gets better every time he is in the cage.

Romero has all the right tools to grind and defeat Izzy with his grappling and ability to keep Izzy at a close range.

Sadly I will be picking Izzy to successfully defend. I think he will pick Romero apart but I hope I am wrong.

Both are 2 of my favorite fighters so this will be an exciting fight for me regardless of the outcome.

WAAAARRR ROMERO<RomeroSalute>

Same. Romero doesn't have the volume in striking anymore to take this one.

Lmao someone using the fkn perreira ko as an example of Izzy not having a really good chin

izzy wins. no doubt about it. easy money

but, not confident enough to throw a bunch on him, moderate bet. even tho the betting odds suggest a much closer fight, i think hooker over felder is pretty much a lock.

Love romero but i have to go with asedanya with that one.. the dude have the mentality of a champion, has momentum with him and the skills to back it up! Romero is old and coming out of a lost.

I'm not on the Izzy hypetrain & think that's just as well as Romero is about to derail it. Yoel is just a different beast to anything Israel has faced so far in the Octagon.

He was always the favorite in my book and won most of the losses too.
But the guy is 43 now. His gas tank is smaller than ever. Izzy is a terrible match up for him. Izzy has iron chin, cardio for 5 and does constant pressure. Plus he seems to have greatly improved that TDD, Romero can't afford to waste valuable energy in defended take downs. Striking wise Izzy is much more technical striker and although he doesn't posses KO power, he will pepper ROmero with hundreds of jabs and gas him out in the 3rd round and finish him.

That being said, WAAAAAAAR ROMERO, hoping for that hail mary out of nowhere.

Yoel-Romero.png
I agree with most of this and God forbid, this is THEE fight where father time sinks its teeth into the cuban- but good - Israel will be made out to be the best thing since sliced bread. I'm not saying Israel isnt the next big thing , just a shame this fight didnt happen like a year ago. Romero could still possibly sustain " freak" label and have one more heat seeking missile and land on Izz. I'm leaning on the side that it wont happen.

Regardless of what happens, people need to relax. Yoel is just about 43 and does have stamina issues.

can yoel even make weight anymore?

izzy by speed and agility

Smart money is always on younger, taller/longer fighter

HIgh pace and constant pressure from Izzy will empty the small cuban gas tank by R3. Izzy will finish gassed out ready to go Romero in the 3rd or 4th.
Tf are you talking about?
1.) In his past two fights, Romero's been the one who has shown up in the later rounds. He clearly would've beaten Costa in a five rounder.
2.) When has Izzy utilized this high pace and constant pressure? He's mostly a counter striker who utilizes his reach to point fight when his opponents are on the outside.
3.) Tell me how exactly Izzy finishes the guy. What does he land on Romero that takes him out that Yoel hasn't eaten and lived through before?

Back