This is the first time I am not picking Romero to win

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
He was always the favorite in my book and won most of the losses too.
But the guy is 43 now. His gas tank is smaller than ever. Izzy is a terrible match up for him. Izzy has iron chin, cardio for 5 and does constant pressure. Plus he seems to have greatly improved that TDD, Romero can't afford to waste valuable energy in defended take downs. Striking wise Izzy is much more technical striker and although he doesn't posses KO power, he will pepper ROmero with hundreds of jabs and gas him out in the 3rd round and finish him.

That being said, WAAAAAAAR ROMERO, hoping for that hail mary out of nowhere.

Yoel-Romero.png

No pick on my behalf, Yaol is old, but I’m not putting it past him.

Izzy has an iron chin? Examples?

He was always the favorite in my book and won most of the losses too.
But the guy is 43 now. His gas tank is smaller than ever. Izzy is a terrible match up for him. Izzy has iron chin, cardio for 5 and does constant pressure. Plus he seems to have greatly improved that TDD, Romero can't afford to waste valuable energy in defended take downs. Striking wise Izzy is much more technical striker and although he doesn't posses KO power, he will pepper ROmero with hundreds of jabs and gas him out in the 3rd round and finish him.

That being said, WAAAAAAAR ROMERO, hoping for that hail mary out of nowhere.

Yoel-Romero.png
seeing as u were wrong the last couple of times this could be a good sign for him.

He’s only 43, he’s a mature old...he’s very fast

<{Joewithit}>
Lol and heres another great line before the horrible Liddell-Ortiz 4 match

“Jealous of him? This guy can’t even put a fuckin’ sentence together man, are you kidding me right now? He’s reaching for – he’s reaching for those grapes. He’s trying to make his wine, and the wine’s already soundin’ like a violin with that cheese and wine…um…we’ll see on November 24th.”

I don't think Izzy has any realistic path to victory beyond a decision nod, which unfortunately will probably happen. Realistically, he's not a good candidate for finishing Yoel for the first time in nine years. Not enough power, and no submission skills.

Yoel will probably have to get a finish to win, unless he's able to deploy a strong and consistent wrestling attack, which I don't think he'll go for. I don't see him out pointing Izzy on the feet for five rounds. In order to have the freedom to let loose and go for the finish, he needs to win one of the first two rounds. If he manages to win both and Izzy's has to start thinking about finishing the guy, then stylebender's absolutely fucked.

It's a really interesting fight. Both seem like horrible match ups for each other. It'll be Izzy's toughest test by a mile.

I don't think Izzy has any realistic path to victory beyond a decision nod, which unfortunately will probably happen. Realistically, he's not a good candidate for finishing Yoel for the first time in nine years. Not enough power, and no submission skills.

Yoel will probably have to get a finish to win, unless he's able to deploy a strong and consistent wrestling attack, which I don't think he'll go for. I don't see him out pointing Izzy on the feet for five rounds. In order to have the freedom to let loose and go for the finish, he needs to win one of the first two rounds. If he manages to win both and Izzy's has to start thinking about finishing the guy, then stylebender's absolutely fucked.

It's a really interesting fight. Both seem like horrible match ups for each other. It'll be Izzy's toughest test by a mile.

HIgh pace and constant pressure from Izzy will empty the small cuban gas tank by R3. Izzy will finish gassed out ready to go Romero in the 3rd or 4th.

I think Adesanya will pick him apart from distance.

I think Romero will pay for his "I don't do shit in rounds 1 and 2" strategy.

Yoel power is super overrated at this point but he can still catch Adesanya. I'm not counting on that tho.

HIgh pace and constant pressure from Izzy will empty the small cuban gas tank by R3. Izzy will finish gassed out ready to go Romero in the 3rd or 4th.
I would not rule out an early TKO for Adesanya.

I would not rule out an early TKO for Adesanya.

You don't TKO fresh Romero, he is not that damaged. You have to tire him out first and he will still be conscious when the referee stops the fight because of exhaustion. If anybody is finishing this fight early is Romero, 35% chance of TKO in the first 3 rounds. Izzy by cardio though.

Izzy has an iron chin? Examples?
Gasteum and vettori for starters. Dude can take a shot and to be honest I was thinking that would be his heel after 80 kickboxing and almost 20 mma fights. Seems not though

Romero has fought 11 fights in a row that went into the 3rd round and twice the distance in the 5th both times against Whittaker. He has been patient and blitzes his opponents when he counters or sees an opening. I don't expect Romero to terribly gas, but he will end up likely losing the first couple opening rounds for having a too conservative approach. This type of style will at least get him through the championship rounds. He just weathered the onslaught Paulo Costa brought to him. I think Romero will be fine here.

Back