This is only the tip of the iceberg with Jones

"In competition"
"Out of competition"

Bones failed for "out of competition" on a substance that is not banned. Diaz failed for "in competition" for a banned substance. The commission already said they couldn't even stop Bones from fighting Cormier, he broke no rules.

OK, this could be my limitation (of the rules imposed by the NSAC), but why is weed banned and coke is not? Why administer a drug test for a substance you're not imposing a ban on? Would it be different if he was high on coke while in an actual fight?

THANKFULLY the world does not have to live by your standards. I would hate to live in the world you would like to see take shape, and I'm thankful that the UFC is not helping to build such a world.

I think Rogan/Diaz/whoever else should promote what THEY THINK IS GOOD FOR HUMANITY and let others make up their own mind. And I'm thankful to live in world where you can be outraged and yet Jones can still do coke and Rogan can still smoke weed. I'd hate to live in a world where your condemnation would PREVENT these guys from living their own lives in ways THEY feel works for them.

Didn't mean to come down on you alone. I just think all this "after school special" logic is crazy in real world terms. I want good athletes, music and movies.

To sustain the minds that put themselves under the pressure to produce accomplishments, drugs are used. That's just life. I wouldn't trade in all the good material that's come out of drugged minds to make sure that the minds didn't use drugs, and I'm thankful the world isn't so repressive as that.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

OK, this could be my limitation (of the rules imposed by the NSAC), but why is weed banned and coke is not? Why administer a drug test for a substance you're not imposing a ban on? Would it be different if he was high on coke while in an actual fight?

Coke is banned but metabolytes from it aren't. Weed metabolytes stay in your system far longer and you are allowed a certain amount and it's recently been increased after Diaz's suspension. And that's good.

Why administer a test for recreational drugs? Commission says they SHOULDN'T HAVE.

Would it be different if he were high when fighting? ABSO-fucking-LUTELY, as he'd test positive for coke, which is a banned substance like weed.

Jones is going to be the MMA version of Ric Flair by years end.

"You talking to the cocaine snorting, Bentley crashing, legend smashing, youngest champion, GOAT son of a gun and I'm having a hard time holding these Reeboks down. Woo!"

Coke is banned but metabolytes from it aren't. Weed metabolytes stay in your system far longer and you are allowed a certain amount and it's recently been increased after Diaz's suspension. And that's good.

Why administer a test for recreational drugs? Commission says they SHOULDN'T HAVE.

Would it be different if he were high when fighting? ABSO-fucking-LUTELY, as he'd test positive for coke, which is a banned substance like weed.

OK, thanks for the explanation.

So the coke metabolytes were found in Jones' system. And it's a fact they stay shorter (than weed metabolytes) in the system.
So basically he
1) tested positive for coke metabolytes (which stay in the system for a few days) less than a month before a fight.
2) got into rehab (admiting the use).

Honest question (although i know the answer is $$), how come he wasn't banned?

So the coke metabolytes were found in Jones' system. And it's a fact they stay shorter (than weed metabolytes) in the system.
So basically he
1) tested positive for coke metabolytes (which stay in the system for a few days) less than a month before a fight.

He didn't do anything against the rules so why would they ban him? Because they don't personally like cocaine??

So basically he

To play devil's advocate didn't he come up clean in a second test right before the fight? Also, given the over litigious nature of damn near everything these days, could it possibly be because the AC was worried about some ambulance chasing talking suit suing the them for some obscure privacy violation given the fact the apparently weren't even supposed to administer the coke test in the first place? I have no idea, but either one combined with the proverbial needle mover factor wouldn't surprise me.

Yea if he ws high on coke in a fight then that would be "In competition" and he would likely be stripped of the belt, fined, maybe fired or suspended. What he did though, they couldn't even stop the fight, he didn't break any of the rules set forth by the commission.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Thirties..... not early thirties......

But that's not what I tells the b****ez.....

I've learned to love a LOT of art and culture that's tumbled out of the heads of drug users, so I don't want them penalized for drug use at all. If they need help, treat them medically, but I think punishing drug users is basically just opportunistic exploitation for financial gain.

To play devil's advocate didn't he come up clean in a second test right before the fight? Also, given the over litigious nature of damn near everything these days, could it possibly be because the AC was worried about some ambulance chasing talking suit suing the them for some obscure privacy violation given the fact the apparently weren't even supposed to administer the coke test in the first place? I have no idea, but either one combined with the proverbial needle mover factor wouldn't surprise me.

If I were him, I'd sue unless this is a one-hand-washing-the-other scenario. The amount of turmoil this irresponsible testing has caused him is certainly worthy of compensation....

Jones really had a kid outside of his relationship with some random woman? I hadn't heard that. When did that fact come to light.

He didn't do anything against the rules so why would they ban him? Because they don't personally like cocaine??

No dissrecrespect, but that's not in the spirit of the discussion. If Diaz example sets a rule, rule it is.

Thirties..... not early thirties......

But that's not what I tells the b****ez.....

I've learned to love a LOT of art and culture that's tumbled out of the heads of drug users, so I don't want them penalized for drug use at all. If they need help, treat them medically, but I think punishing drug users is basically just opportunistic exploitation for financial gain.

Thanks for the reply, i (foolishly) thought of you much younger. I did my time with rec drugs, and yeah, arts and culture all around the world (and history) are influenced by recreational (and harder) drugs. But i (think I) know better now (32 yo). Again, this is just, like, my opinion. And i'm all for rehabilitation. If Jones has a serious drug problem, treat him. I doubt it though, this smells like a publicity stunt.

Also, i'm all for questioning the reasoning behind a certain drug ban, but no one benefits from Jones being banned. Still, i think (again, my opinion) he should be.

Honestly, I wouldn't know about the post fight tests. I don't see the point of an action without result (in everyday life, not just MMA). Why administer a test for which there is no penalty?

The fact remains they (the NSAC, the UFC and Reebok) knew about the results but failed to comment/make them public before the fight in fear of fewer PPV buys. That's just pathetic (again, IMO).

It makes for lousy business, but i'm no businessman, so what do i know?

Yea if he ws high on coke in a fight then that would be "In competition" and he would likely be stripped of the belt, fined, maybe fired or suspended. What he did though, they couldn't even stop the fight, he didn't break any of the rules set forth by the commission.

Not to play dumb, i honestly don't remember, but was Diaz high on coke during the actual fight? Or was it the metabolytes?

No dissrecrespect, but that's not in the spirit of the discussion. If Diaz example sets a rule, rule it is.

If this is a joke, I lol'd. If you're serious, I lol'd. Diaz doesn't set the rules!! The commission sets the rules and Jon didn't break any!

Thanks for the reply, i (foolishly) thought of you much younger. I did my time with rec drugs, and yeah, arts and culture all around the world (and history) are influenced by recreational (and harder) drugs. But i (think I) know better now (32 yo). Again, this is just, like, my opinion. And i'm all for rehabilitation. If Jones has a serious drug problem, treat him. I doubt it though, this smells like a publicity stunt.

I don't know if he has a problem or not. But he certainly likes to party with coke as numerous sources have confirmed. And I get that you "know better" than to do drugs, which is great. So do I. I never even experimented with hard drugs for my own reasons. But I wouldn't ever impose my preferences and viewpoints on a whole society or even an organization like the NSAC or the UFC. Jon broke no rules and that's really all there is to it.

Oh, btw, Forbes just named him as one of the most promising athletes of 2015. Way to go Jon!!

If this is a joke, I lol'd. If you're serious, I lol'd. Diaz doesn't set the rules!! The commission sets the rules and Jon didn't break any!

I was serious, I said "Diaz example", not "Diaz" and no further comments, you keep evading an honest answer.

I don't know if he has a problem or not. But he certainly likes to party with coke as numerous sources have confirmed. And I get that you "know better" than to do drugs, which is great. So do I. I never even experimented with hard drugs for my own reasons. But I wouldn't ever impose my preferences and viewpoints on a whole society or even an organization like the NSAC or the UFC. Jon broke no rules and that's really all there is to it.

Oh, btw, Forbes just named him as one of the most promising athletes of 2015. Way to go Jon!!

I'm aware I (as a nobody) can't impose anything. I was just stating my opinion on a internet forum (as benign as it gets).

Jon may not have broke the rules but he broke the laws. There should be sanctions.

Is being a rapist/wife beater against the rules? If Warmachine was still a part of the UFC, would he get a pass? That's how your arguments sound. "He didn't break her face during the fight, so it's OK". Yeah, right. BS if you ask me (i know you don't).

I feel i can bet my account/sig/whatever on the Forbes retracting the statement or commenting on it in some manner, now this has come into light.

I was serious, I said "Diaz example", not "Diaz" and no further comments, you keep evading an honest answer.

Sorry dude, I didn't know you were looking for an answer from me. I must have made a wrong turn. What was the question??

I'm aware I (as a nobody) can't impose anything. I was just stating my opinion on a internet forum (as benign as it gets).

Jon may not have broke the rules but he broke the laws. There should be sanctions.

Is being a rapist/wife beater against the rules? If Warmachine was still a part of the UFC, would he get a pass? That's how your arguments sound. "He didn't break her face during the fight, so it's OK". Yeah, right. BS if you ask me (i know you don't).

I feel i can bet my account/sig/whatever on the Forbes retracting the statement or commenting on it in some manner, now this has come into light.

Well, the problem with that is that the UFC would come under too much scrutiny because wife beating and rape are SOOO reprehensible to most people that nobody wants to see a guy like that getting rewarded.

Coke, on the other hand, is the mainstay of the rich and powerful and they ALL want to see guys like that rewarded.

We're not seriously trying to equate rape with snorting coke off of hooker's breasts, right? We're not complaining that there's a double standard between rape and recreational drug use, are we?

Surely, life should contain such a double standard?

Well, the problem with that is that the UFC would come under too much scrutiny because wife beating and rape are SOOO reprehensible to most people that nobody wants to see a guy like that getting rewarded.

Coke, on the other hand, is the mainstay of the rich and powerful and they ALL want to see guys like that rewarded.

exactly the problem, and exactly why i'm "complaining". Understandable, no?

We're not seriously trying to equate rape with snorting coke off of hooker's breasts, right? We're not complaining that there's a double standard between rape and recreational drug use, are we?

Surely, life should contain such a double standard?

No one is equating rape with snorting coke of hooker's breasts. Everyone knows one is a serious crime while the other is a benign habbit of the rich/upper mid class, completely harmless. Coke business leaving thousands of dead people per year and hookers being a support to the human trafficking business is just what people with tin foil hats talk about...

Back