1. Monday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites will be undergoing maintenance Monday March 30. This will occur during a window of 7 PM (Pacific Time) to Tuesday afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This is not about Jones anymore, this is about the sport that we all love.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Enox, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Enox

Enox White Belt

For all of you who have been reading up on all the shady things surrounding Jon Jones test, the T/E ratio and the possible masking agents, the one day in rehab stunt to get people to just think he did coke etc. Let's do something about it.

They ban people for smoking weed, but possibly is covering up their champion using performance enhancing drugs.

For all of you who want to see the UFC beeing fair to us as fans, and to the fighters, let's make at least Dana aware that we are not going to let it slide. We want it to be fair, not to just for us, but to the fighters. Imaging loosing to someone when you know they might be cheating.
    If we want the sport that we love to be taken seriously, and to stop having the UFC cover up shit like this, we need to make Dana/UFC aware of it.

They are not going to read this forum, or any other forum where their fans discuss this.
    I suggest that we take to twitter and actually send Dana a tweet. Everyone of us that actually care about this subject. This is not about Jones anymore, this is about the sport that we all love.

I am going to send Dana a tweet right now and tell him that I'm fed up of this bullshit and covering up. They need to release the test results, to do a CIR test and make it public and and then take actions against jones. And tell him in the tweet that I (you) will not be buying more UFC cards untill they do this.
    They don't give a fuck about us, but money speaks. If they suddenly get a shit ton of peopel saying they refuse to pay them anymore money, they have to
    just complaining on a forum is not going to change anything, let's do something about it!

I can't change anything by myself, but in numbers we are strong. So, who is with me? I am sending him a tweet now, and I hope that all of you who care will join me.

2. RockUmSockUm

RockUmSockUm Black Belt

Lance Armstrong covered up his PED abuse for decades. Jones won't be found out for a while either as long as they can come up with cover stories like cocaine addiction.

3. Minnja

Minnja Touch-Butt white belt Platinum Member

I can't support an OP that spells 'losing' incorrectly. That along with 'Rhonda' are the biggest pet peeves I have on this site.

4. Raziel82

Raziel82 Brown Belt

Pffffffffffffffft. Stop crying. And stop making Jones threads people.

As for fans. You won't find many on ''sherdog''. I think people here actually ''hate'' the sport and the ''fighters''. :D

All I can say is that I'm glad that I don't live in America. We don't have the news, the speculation, the rumors, the drama, the hating. Sherdog seems to be ''the whining central'' of the MMA community.

5. Zimo

Zimo Brown Belt

Plus connor when its spelt conor
    Plus all the yanks saying I could care less. That makes no sence at all

6. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Also, how long can Bones be accused of PED use without it being fighter bashing? He passed his tests. Its not the same if I say Barnett was juicing in the past because he has been caught, Jones hasn't failed any PED tests. Do we have to hear about Jones and steroid use after every fight he has going forward? That seems lame as fuck.

7. Xaa

Xaa Purple Belt

You are criticizing the language others use and doing so using "spelt" and "sence"?

Nice work.

8. Xaa

Xaa Purple Belt

I hope you don't think Jon Jones makes the news over here. He doesn't. The failed test got about 45 seconds on ESPN and that's it. It's only Sherdog.

9. Steve-French

Steve-French What A Rush!!!

LOL. I get a kick at the foreigners that come to this site and cry about Americans while they're on an American website giving their opinions about an American MMA product.

10. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

The whole sport of MMA is shady and had a shady past. From allegations of fixed fights in Pride, to questionable title shots to fighters like Conor Mcgregor, the signing of CM Punk while not signing Ben Askren, to illegal PED use. It's just part of MMA. It will never be without shadiness.

11. ThunderL1ps

ThunderL1ps Red Belt

Love or leave the website you don't own?

12. Xaa

Xaa Purple Belt

I'm not sure you know what shady means. It's not just anything with which you don't agree. Fixed fights and blind eye to drug use is shady. Who gets signed and not signed is business. Perhaps bad business in your opinion, but not shady.

13. DhalpsdaDocta

DhalpsdaDocta Blue Belt

stop whining

14. Swing the Axe

Swing the Axe Purple Belt

This thread sucks, but man this post is pure gold! The irony!

15. dmtpanic

dmtpanic Brown Belt

Yes.

Lots of fail in that post and no one seemed to notice he was wrong about Conor's name.

It is spelled Conor not "Connor".

16. Sp@cePeanut

[email protected] Brown Belt

LOL. This has to be sarcasm.

17. Sakurabinette

Sakurabinette Saku belt

"Spelt" is actually correct if he's a brit.

18. skysolo

skysolo Silver Belt

There are hunger children in the world.
    Some people live in abject poverty.
    The U.S. seems to be in never-ending wars and conflicts.
    School shootings and poor educational system.

But your big cause is Jon Jones.???? A professional athlete who you have never met and likely to never meet, but most importantly he does not affect your life at all.

Have you lost your mind?

Save your tweets, go to the local soup kitchen and help people with real problems.

19. DarthChen731

DarthChen731 Gold Belt

Lol this changes everything

20. suffersystem

suffersystem Brown Belt

This has actually been one of the best things to happen to MMA in a bit in my opinion.

The commission is now setting up a committee or overlook what changes they can make towards out of competition testing, their rules and regulations, Jones though passing all his tests, did have some questionable ratios and such, so no doubt the commission will now look further into how their testing is done, is there new drugs and new ways out there to get passed tests that they need to look into. I think this has actually helped to make MMA better. You need some questionable instances to get people to talk about issues and make changes, or study further into how they can improve existing regulations.