This is MMA right, not...

skysolo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
"Let's see who can talk the most about a boxer".

Mcgregor has his hands full with Aldo and Rousey can't even work out a deal with Cyborg. But both seem to find time in their busy schedules to call out Mayweather, UNPROMPTED by the way.

Do you know how much money the UFC would have to pay Mayweather just to sign his name to fight anyone?

I don't know either but I guarantee that it is more than the last 5 paydays of UFC main event winners.

Interviews, how do they work?

Unprompted my hairy ass.

Likely more than the pay for EVERY fighter, on EVERY card in 2015 COMBINED!

It's journalists trying to get a scoop. Trying to rustle jimmies. They ask conor a bunch of run of the mill MMA questions then ask him about Floyd. Of course he'd say he could beat him. Do you think he's gonna say he'd lose?

Then of course the entire interview is sidelined and the article is called "Conor said he'd whoop Mayweather!!"

Current sports journalism is often a competition to see who can stir the most shit. The top sports journalists don't do this as much because they don't have to, but everyone else is doing it as much as possible.

The outcome is we all get a skewed vision of what is really going on.

It's all entertainment

"I can beat Mayweather." Takes 2 secs out of there busy schedule. harsh. And gets them some press.

Wouldn't be surprised UFC is trying to get a free ride off of Mayweather's coat tails.

It's got you talking and that's all that matters.

Its the price you pay for being the highest earning fighter in the world. He aint gettin that 300 milli for nothing. Comes with a bullseye.

mayweather does not know hes involved in any of this but its the buzz of mma media

100% of the time its the journalist that brings it up first.

This just in, fighters say things that will get press.

Back