This is how Justin would do Khabib

i think it's important to note, that in gaethjes losses he lost to better brawlers, that's pretty much how you have to beat him because that the fight he forces. Styles makes matchups. I don't think Khabib could win a 25 minute brawl with gaethje. I also don't think he can contain him on the ground.
As a fan of Khabib, its definitely a matchup I would like to see !
We haven't yet seen a fighter really attempt to grapple with Gaethje..

@BRASIL WAND

Vs khabib he won't play like he always does, he will stuff any takedown from the rat and could out grind him. Khabib will get exposed

It's funny because I think Gathje is the only one with a real chance to beat Khabib

You're wrong. Alvarez and Michael Johnson have both taken him down. Poirier might have too, and so have some guys in WSOF. MMA wrestling and having wrestling credentials are two different things.
Hmm. I have to rewatch those fights. Idk if they we're full on takedowns or the type where the dude immediately pops up.

He has the wrestling to make it interesting that's for sure.

I'm surprised few people are aware of this fight, it was early in his career but shows the only real examples of his TDD. He might have improved but this wasn't an impressive showing.

Hmm. I have to rewatch those fights. Idk if they we're full on takedowns or the type where the dude immediately pops up.
in the johnson and alverez fight he pops right back up the gain zero seconds in an advantageous postion against him. haven't seen all of his wsof fights tho.

Lol this guy leaves himself completely open with those telegraphed leg kicks he throws.

Which is why he gets ROCKED in every fight or even taken down by inferior wrestlers.

Not to mention he’s BARELY over .500 in the UFC

“Barely over .500” is such a childish way to look at it.

Everyone who has fought Gaethje has gone through hell. The two guys who survived did so by punching him as hard as they could for three rounds straight until he finally fell. Khabib probably can’t knock him out standing, so it likely comes down to Gaethje’s ability to defend enough takedowns to force Khabib to fight standing for awhile.

It always comes down to stylistic matchups. A kindergartener can compare their records.

Gaethje went to war with Johnson. Khabib absolutely dominated him..
So no, Gaethje's performance wasn't as impressive.
The thing is that Khabib dominated him on the ground. He damn sure didn't dominate him on the feet. If Khabib can't get the fight to the ground can he hurt Justin with his striking? Justin can most likely hurt Khabib with strikes. Justin has wrestling, but he doesn't use it because he wants to put on exciting fights. He gets a post-fight bonus every single fight. He is the fighter that the UFC needs to be champion. Khabib is dominant, but his style is not exciting.

Gaethje absolutely obliterates Nurmagomedov and Ferguson. Loses to McGregor and Poirier again.

I agree. Most people don't see it, but Justin is very difficult to take down and contain. I know that if the fight were to stay standing for an extended period of time, justin would finish him. and it's not the same as conor, conor has to fear the takedown, justin doesn't,

He hasn't shown any of his wrestling, or counter wrestling. He won't be slamming Khabib, but he has them. And quick upper cuts/knees to pose a threat on a telegraphed shot. He's overlooked as a bone head brawler, but he hits hard because he sits on punches not worried about being grabbed.
I think he drags Khabib into gassing late 4th and lands the KO or pulls decision. Justin finishes Conor before end of 2nd.

Funny how the champion of LW right now is Khabib, and more people made threads about how he'd beat Conor rather than a potential fight with the champ.

Conor runs sherdog confirmed.
This.

When did Gaethje fight McGregor?
Never. These are hypothetical matchups. McGregor may be vulnerable for the low kicks to the lead leg (inside), but he's also good at checking it or completely disappearing out of the range (similar to what Gaethje did against Barboza from other stance). Gaethje is strictly a centerline fighter, we don't see much lateral movement or any kind of circling, shuffling or stance switching from him, just straight advancing with some back steps as he anticipates round kicks... and it ends up the easiest style for McGregor to deal with and to line up his attacks. Poirier already showed a blueprint from the boxing range. On the other hand, I believe Gaethje's matching up greatly against Nurmagomedov and Ferguson.

GAETJTHE WOULD DESTROY KHABIB AND MAKE 155 GREAT AGAIN

#DEFENDORVACATE #CHAMPSHITONLY JUST BLEED

Khabib beats him very very easily then everyone complains he was an easy match up.

Gaethje vs Khabib is as interesting as Khabib vs Lee. We haven't seen him against a top 10 wrestler.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back