This is how Holm destroys Ronda

This is really a chess match between two world class boxing coaches- Tarvedyan and Winklejohn. The legends that have been forged under their master tutelage already fill our history books. And this is the pinnacle of both their careers.

Nothing will be spared, no trade secret concealed as they risk everything for the greatest prize in sports today: WBW gold.

Tarvedyan is the fucking GOAT, should be teaching Mayweather if he isn't already.

Roll with with the punch, counter the punch, counter the kick, Edmund teaches all this and then some. He's simply fucking incredible

Good job skydome, some clowns will never understand that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN A FIGHT

What a thread!

What a TS!!

Great thread great poster.

I love you all.

For the record, I also predicted Dillashaw would dethrone Barao the first time around. That thread reached close to 300 replies and I was called an idiot, for stating that footwork would be a major key. That may or may not have been on this accnt.

also had a legendary thread saying how tito would defeat that russian dude schmelenko via choke, that may or may not have been on this accnt.

Wow. Brutal KO.

Yeah more people should watch the beating Holm took against Mathis before they talk about how she's gonna "destroy" Ronda. Holm was the victim of one of the worst one sided beat downs I've ever seen in women's boxing in that fight.

I was getting tired of all the Rousey hype. Nice call TS and congrats.

edit: Good lord just realized I've been here over a decade.

Skydome might be trolling but whatever..

Though I'm not gonna bet the house on it, I think that Holm can do this. Sherdog hive mind, as usual, not looking at the matchup critically and spitting out cliche BS.

also ya'll should expect rousey to be at Alliance MMA with Dom Cruz or maybe even TAM in the next couple months

Edmund is done, unless she's stupider than I orginally thought

I just don't think Holms ground game is going to let her survive a round... I'd worry about her boxing but she doesnt seem to hit particularly hard, so I see Ronda charging through them like usual.

Cyborg is really the only hope and even then its at best a 20% chance.

Ronda is woman GOAT for a reason.
I'm more worried about Nunes than Holm

Yeah more people should watch the beating Holm took against Mathis before they talk about how she's gonna "destroy" Ronda. Holm was the victim of one of the worst one sided beat downs I've ever seen in women's boxing in that fight.

What does that have to do with fighting a judoka with novice-level boxing?

Skydome might be trolling but whatever.. Though I'm not gonna bet the house on it, I think that Holm can do this. Sherdog hive mind, as usual, not looking at the matchup critically and spitting out cliche BS.

I'm literally not trolling for once(lol) Although we haven't seen Holm's TDD, she's just not going to RUN at R3 like Ronda's past opponents.

This is an extremely high level boxer at work here, and in the Marion round 3(took her some time to get warmed up) she looked really good. Reaneau is actually a pretty solid BW, and she had NOTHING to offer.

Sure, Ronda could armbar her in 30 seconds, but I really believe this is Rouseys toughest challenge to date

LOL yup I think I was the few ones who agreed with you OP and got called names. LOL people here dont know shit.

LMAO at this.

Holm is one of the p4p BEST female boxers of all time.

She knows how to roll with punches, she knows how to counter and lead.

You SERIOUSLY think Holm is more likely to get KO'd by Ronda than vice verca if they trade in the middle of the octagon?!

This is zuffa zombies at work people.

Are you willing to account bet over it?

What does that have to do with fighting a judoka with novice-level boxing?

Because this is MMA, all Holm has is stand up and Holm isn't even the "best" at that stand up game like people claim.

Look at all the idiots bashing OP but now are bashing Rousey for being made to look like a clueless bastard.

Skydome might be trolling but whatever..

Though I'm not gonna bet the house on it, I think that Holm can do this. Sherdog hive mind, as usual, not looking at the matchup critically and spitting out cliche BS.

Technically they are two world class athletes which I like, but there are so many unknowns it's hard to gauge. Ronda has the ground, the confidence, a chin to walk through a few punches to get that clinch...

Holm keeps distance nicely and hasn't shown KO power fighting top end competition, but I'm sure she has it. I just think it's hard to play the distance game for 25 minutes without giving up a takedown.

Well done TS. Very prescient.

I also thought Holm had the ability to upset, I thought it just depended upon whether or not she could stop the take-down.

Alright, about time I find the start new topic button, been lookin for ya.

FOOTWORK, FOOTWORK, FOOTWORK,

lmao if Ronda is gonna run straight at Holly like she always does and not get banged out, Holly is a boxing WORLD CHAMPION, traniing at an alien level with trainsers just such as jackson, winklejohn martinez, Gibson etc.

That combination is simbly unbeatable.

This is like Willie Pep vs some unknown can, Ronda Rousey is DONE!!

Holm simply has TOO much technique

We all know Ronda will not try to test her boxing and go straight to the ground, regardless of what she or Edmond says in the pre fight hype

LOL I mean what else would you expect when people consider this "world class striking". Lmao!!!

LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

This is what made me start believing.

What the fuck is that

It's official. Dana sent his multiple hitman out and now they're here trying to sell us this joke of a fight. The problem is we're...

not_listening_to_this

shot.gif

If you are sure of that you can get great 8.25-to-1 odds betting on underdog Holm at present.

Are you willing to account bet over it?

Wow, you're willing to account bet picking the -1500 favorite? LMAO

really going out on a limb there, buddy.

I am more than willing to account bet on the Lawler/Condit matchup

Ronda will get banged out, she's shown holes in her standup game before, Holly will exploit those.

Before you say, oh, judo throw, you don't think greg motherfucking jackson will have Holm prepared for that?!

Son of a bitch called it.

giphy.gif

Nerves, pure nerves. Like I said, Holly is one of the best P4P boxers of all time , PERIOD

Her kicks are even better.

Ronda is gonna have to take a huge risk and RUN at her, risk being KO'd.

Skydome is Sherdogs prophet. No two ways about it

Did the TS just have a brain aneurysm? The only way Holm wins is a lucky punch. Ronda is going to disrupt everything Holly does with aggression and the her clinch game. I just can't imagine Ronda giving her the time and space she needs to work her game.

Wow. Great foresight bruh

Her footwork isn't gonna accomplish anything if she continues to punch at air.

Lmao, everytime I see this fightdonttweet guy, he's incorrectly analyzing fights.

Wow, you're willing to account bet picking the -1500 favorite? LMAO

really going out on a limb there, buddy.

I am more than willing to account bet on the Lawler/Condit matchup

So you don't believe anything you're saying here. Thought so.

Alright, about time I find the start new topic button, been lookin for ya.

FOOTWORK, FOOTWORK, FOOTWORK,

lmao if Ronda is gonna run straight at Holly like she always does and not get banged out, Holly is a boxing WORLD CHAMPION, traniing at an alien level with trainsers just such as jackson, winklejohn martinez, Gibson etc.

That combination is simbly unbeatable.

Right on brother.

So you don't believe anything you're saying here. Thought so.

I believe 100% what I'm saying, you're just trying to weasel yourself into a 10-1 account bet to get rid of me.

Like I said, Condit/Lawler account bet

I got Condit(underdog),

you scared bro?

Hahaha look at all these kids breaking their teeth in here..

Being a world champion female boxer is like being the fastest kid at fat camp. It means nothing. Women don't box.

No surpise, no reply on the Condit/Lawler account bet LMAO!!!!

bunch of pussies ITT, yeah, I'll take your 10-1 account bet offer LOL!! oh wait, this isn't the special olympics of sherdog posting so I won't HAHAH!!

I think we all underestimated boxing. UFC has been going after very passed prime boxers but this time Holm was young enough and it was a beat down of UFCs best fighter. Where does the sport go from here? :/ I heard Rousey was going to go to boxing since there's more money there but Idk if she will now.

While I think that Ronda beats her handily, I don't really think that's the greatest example Holm rematched her 6 months laters and won a unanimous dec by using her footwork which is what she'll need against Ronda.

I feel like people supporting Holm are ignoring the Pennington fight, and I don't buy into the whole octagon jitters thing with Holm she's been a pro for a long time and has multiple world championships

Back