Social This is hilarious - Demonstration breaks out with police and protesters clashing due to Coronavirus

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
Ukrainians protest because the gov't brought home around 70 ukrainian citizens from Wuhan without putting them in quarantine. There is so much comedy in this that you couldn't write a better script. I couldn't stop laughing after watching this.

Begins from the beginning you gotta see this stuff. start from 0:00 until around 02:40 only the Ukraine part

Ukrainians protest because the gov't brought home around 70 ukraine citizens from Wuhan without putting them in quarantine.

More footages

Last edited:
“Hilarious.”

When I want to laugh I’ll take Bob Saget thank you very much.

I have been saying For awhile. Ukraine should not be another fucking Israel for us Americans.

I honestly think the people would be better off under Russian rule

“Hilarious.”

When I want to laugh I’ll take Bob Saget thank you very much.

If you can't see the humour in that you have none.

When people are engulfed by fear it brings out sometimes unintentionally hilarious actions and this is one of them. The villagers heard so much about the virus and they fear the shit out of it but once it got home shit got crazy...

It was a big ''hide yo wife, hide yo kids'' moment..

If you can't see the humour in that you have none.

When people are engulfed by fear it brings out sometimes unintentionally hilarious actions and this is one of them. The villagers heard so much about the virus and they fear the shit out of it but once it got home shit got crazy.. hahaha.

It was a big ''hide yo wife, hide yo kids'' moment..
A sure sign of hilarity is when you have to explain why something is funny by breaking down the circumstances of why something is humorous. You’re on a roll in this thread. Keep the laughs coming.

I have been saying For awhile. Ukraine should not be another fucking Israel for us Americans.

I honestly think the people would be better off under Russian rule

It's shit either way. Atleast Ukraine has a weak government which can be potentially overthrown. Russia is like a stubborn bull who just refuses to go away, even though their government is shit.

If Ukraine somehow manages to find their way to the EU, they can enjoy the money-flow for a while, like other East Euro countries which have joined. That's probably their best shot at improving living standards.

The plot thickens apparently it was a hoax email that led to the demonstration. :D

Coronavirus email hoax led to violent protests in Ukraine
Protestors blocked the arrival of evacuees from China.

An email that appeared to come from Ukraine’s ministry of health containing false information about coronavirus cases in the country led to a number of violent protests and standoffs with police, reports BuzzFeed News.

The email originated from outside Ukraine, according to a government statement, and it falsely claimed there were five cases of coronavirus in the country. In reality, there have been zero reported cases of the virus in Ukraine. But the email was sent the same day evacuees from China landed in the country, and some Ukranian residents protested the evacuees’ arrival by blocking roads that led to medical facilities and, in some cases, by smashing the windows of the buses carrying those evacuees.

To try and calm citizens, Ukraine’s Center for Public Health released a statement saying reports of five cases of coronavirus were false, and Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky published a Facebook post saying the evacuees were all healthy and that they would be quarantined for two weeks out of extra caution. Zelensky also urged citizens not to block their arrival.

There have only been two confirmed cases of Ukrainians with the coronavirus, and they are among many who have been infected while on the cruise ship that was docked off the coast of Japan. They have fully recovered, reports BuzzFeed News.

With so many people searching for information online about coronavirus, there is continued risk that people may come across misinformation and hoaxes about the disease, especially on social networks like Facebook and Twitter that are ill-equipped to handle fast-changing global news events and the flood of user-generated posts that accompany them. Recode has put together a good summary of some of the most pervasive corona virus hoaxes that have been widely shared. And we also have a guide about how to investigate information online and determine if it’s false or misleading.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/21/21147969/coronavirus-misinformation-protests-ukraine-evacuees

Last edited:
Back