This is High Stakes Poker

BoD 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The fight will be made. This is GSP calling the UFC's bluff, by bluffing the bluff.

GSP's response to Dana not making the fight.
tenor.gif

Except no legitimate fans gives a shit about GSP/Khabib over Tony/Khabib, and if you do, go out the casual door.

Defend or Vacate.

If Khabib sits out longer than his ban he should be stripped and Tony V Best Contender should be made for the belt.

Khabib can have a title shot whenever he wants to return.

pfft

UFC is working on a fight for McGregor, they don't care about GSP's retirement

Yep that's what I've been saying. Why else would you hold a press conference to announce your retirement? He's making it to obvious by literally confirming it's because they won't make the Khabib fight.

There is nothing good out of Khabib vs GSP. The press conferences will be Whittaker vs Gastelum and likely generate as much pay per views as Tony vs Khabib, so it's not worth stagnating the division when plenty attractive fights are available. GSP duped UFC by promising to defend MW belt, UFC will not be kind to him.

Did you catch his line implying his terms are gonna change if they want to call him for the fight later on

If they stripped Khabib and gave the "belt" to Tony. I bet you that GSP will chase Tony

Except no legitimate fans gives a shit about GSP/Khabib over Tony/Khabib, and if you do, go out the casual door.
This. I don't care at all to see this fight. I want him to fight the legit challengers in his own weight class not some 1 off "super" "money" fight.
I'm sick of that shit. Fight the top guys or leave the belt and division behind or retire. Just like DC cherry picking.

The fight will be made. This is GSP calling the UFC's bluff, by bluffing the bluff.

tenor.gif

If it's on the river you don't call a bluff with a bluff. By calling your bluff will be exposed. You raise it and hope your opponent folds.

How can you not care about this matchup? Arguably 2 of the best MMA Wrestlers ever in UFC history? Pretty much the same size. Both with great cardio.

Let Ferguson and Max fight for the interim title.

If it's on the river you don't call a bluff with a bluff. By calling your bluff will be exposed. You raise it and hope your opponent folds.

Yes, you raise or fold.

The poker-life metaphors can be however anyone wants them to be, because our worldly actions don’t have a precise value in poker chips.

How can you not care about this matchup? Arguably 2 of the best MMA Wrestlers ever in UFC history? Pretty much the same size. Both with great cardio.

The timing isn't right for the fight to be honest/ We need to see Tony vs Khabib first and if victorious, GSP - Khabib will begin to gain a lot of traction...

"real fans" dont matter to the bottom line. They will take a million casuals over 150k diehards any day. They are the lifepool that sustains sports.

Casuals Bless

It’s stupid and irrelevant.
So we can see who can spend more time lying on top of the other guy?

Champs should fight challengers.

Superfights and money fights should be only for long reigning champs.
Or 2 legends who are not champs anymore (Wand vs Chuck).

And the worst case scenario is if the champ loses, and the new champ immediately jumps ship.

tenor.gif

I hope you’re right bro but idk.

Are you actually implying modern day casuals know anything about GSP?

Are you actually implying modern day casuals know anything about GSP?
100% they do, you'd be surprised at how many casuals with an inkling of mma or boxing, know about Silva, GSP, Chuck etc.

Back