"This is for Malcom X, cracka!"

This is politics. Honesty has no place here. If he said "well duh, all lives matter, wadda ya mean?" he would be shooting himself in the foot, undermining the very platform he's running on.

As for how it's not a false dichotomy, do you actually think that either black lives matter, or all lives matter. Are not black lives a subset of all lives? It's a stupid question aimed at one specific answer, which he delivered, and sounded like he meant it.

Yes, black lives are a subset of all lives. That's why the correct answer is all lives matter.

Now you're perpetuating dishonesty in politics. Yay we need more of that! Can't have someone risking being not elected by speaking the truth.

This country's doomed with people like you around.

This is politics. Honesty has no place here. If he said "well duh, all lives matter, wadda ya mean?" he would be shooting himself in the foot, undermining the very platform he's running on.

As for how it's not a false dichotomy, do you actually think that either black lives matter, or all lives matter. Are not black lives a subset of all lives? It's a stupid question aimed at one specific answer, which he delivered, and sounded like he meant it.

I thought it seemed like a canned answer. I agree he navigated the question in accordance to his partisan audience well enough from a political perspective, but it was also a little forced. But, who knows. With politics perception > reality and it's a numbers game.

Yes, black lives are a subset of all lives. That's why the correct answer is all lives matter.

Now you're perpetuating dishonesty in politics. Yay we need more of that! Can't have someone risking being not elected by speaking the truth.

This country's doomed with people like you around.

Take a breath, dude, I'm explaining why he answered like that.

Do you think this guy, a wealthy Jewish man, actually believes that black people matter, but other people don't? He's going to say what he needs to, and what is politically correct, when they ask him a loaded question. He's not going to go off on some rant about how all lives matter, as that is career suicide.

I'm not perpetuating dishonesty in politics, I'm explaining why dishonesty in politics exist. Only a fool of a Democrat who stands for civil rights, trying to win the black vote would answer the question in any other way.

I thought it seemed like a canned answer. I agree he navigated the question in accordance to his partisan audience well enough from a political perspective, but it was also a little forced. But, who knows. With politics perception > reality and it's a numbers game.

Forced to you, but you know the game. Those that asked the question know the game. The moderators know the game. The average rube eats it up. Not that his answer matters, but a different answer certainly would have.

There fixed it for ya. We don't need one person claiming to speak for all people of a race. And that applies to all races.

If you want to lambaste someone for being offended at being called a cracka, that's another issue.

But you then need to apply that to all races and racial slurs evenly, because in order to hold a moral stance it needs to be universal.

Or people could stop being butt hurt over stupid crap.

Or people could stop being butt hurt over stupid crap.

White people shouldn't have to accept racial hatred. Your problem is that you've been brainwashed into thinking that white people either deserve racism directed at them or that we should just shrug it off despite the fact that white people are quickly becoming a minority in their own countries. Do you not see a shit load of racism towards white people in the future and in multiple countries?

White people shouldn't have to accept racial hatred. Your problem is that you've been brainwashed into thinking that white people either deserve racism directed at them or that we should just shrug it off despite the fact that white people are quickly becoming a minority in their own countries. Do you not see a shit load of racism towards white people in the future and in multiple countries?

Racial hatred is childish and I don't have time for that shit.

is 'cracka' the equivalent to ':eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:' in the current neo-lexicon?

Its an insult that means you are responsible for slavery in the US because you are white.

It doesn't have the same level of power when used as an insult due to history but it is an insult and about the best a shit head like this could come up with.

I think Warren is mostly right. I am not convinced the standard of living is higher today than it was in her youth.

Its an insult that means you are responsible for slavery in the US because you are white.

It doesn't have the same level of power when used as an insult due to history but it is an insult and about the best a shit head like this could come up with.

Well, it has been more tha 100 years from that... and maybe five or six generations. They could try to forget about their ancestors and make something besides complaining all the time...

Interesting factoid: The founder The Nation of Islam was a white man named Wallace Fard.

We have more cheap trinkets but way less wealth ... How many folks own 2 new cars and a cottage now days for example. Liz Warren is right but your adding in a lot of other bullshit to make it seem like she isnt. I dont think you and I are going to find a lot of common ground and we are about to way derail this thread

40-60 years ago people did a better job of living within their means . . . now not so much. I look back at some of the things I thought I had to have and cringe. I really wish I could go back in time and smack myself around about some of the things I did.

While you're not wrong on one front, I find it interesting that you say "we have more trinkets"... You're damned right on this one. We have more trinkets. *LOTS* more trinkets. I have to ask you - how did Americans come about acquiring those trinkets? Did Santa start dropping off more and more every year? Obviously not. Americans bought them. The amount of our expendable income which goes in to "trinkets" compared to that of our parents is *staggering*. When we're sitting here in a rented house with three big screen TV's, four computers, a cel phone with an pricey subscription in every hand, cable and internet bills, a car for each parent, maybe it's time to pause before we point a finger and take a look in the mirror. Is maybe at least part of the reason we don't have as much "wealth" as our parents did because we spent it all on "trinkets," our two vacations a year, and our daily trip to Starbucks that our parents never did/had?

There was a point when I was young where I tallied up the amount of money I spent on "trinkets" and small things each year - things which just weren't even options in my parents' time, things which didn't exist for them to spend money on. I tallied it up, saw a very big number, and cut most of it out... I put a down payment on my first apartment just a few short years later and now I own a house to boot. It's odd how much of the "wealth" we don't have is not there because we spent it all on "trinkets"...
We've got all the necessities in life. It used to be food water shelter. Now it's Xbox, cell phones and Air Jordans. Stuff like that.

I was about to say, Malcolm X? Wasn't he killed by a Louie Farrakhan hitman who was black?

I'm not fully up on Malcom X history, but it was my understanding he mellowed out greatly towards the end, especially after a trip to Mecca where he saw all races coming to together.

Fair enough. Though, I'd ask a lot of people at least consider both sides of it. The people on the top *will* try and take more and more if they can - I know this. But as we're rushing to point a finger, I just say, look in a mirror too. At least part of why many of us are doing worse than our parents did for "wealth" is because we willingly put so much of our capital into things which don't contribute to our wealth in the long term - the "trinkets." I think that, for a lot of us, if we're honest, when we're looking at the problem of our "wealth" compared to our parents, we'll see that at least part of the problem is us.

Good post. You both have valid points actually but the above is as true in my country as it is yours. I've been skint as a French soap salesman for about 8 years and I didnt have an iPad, buy coffee, nice beer, car, any trinkets whatsoever. I got by somehow. Now I've cleared the crippling part of my debt I've been no better off money wise, just spend it on iPhone, car, holidays, trinkets etc. so I agree that many people should look at themselves. I look at the other poor people around me and they're wearing designer clothes, tans, taking taxi's, takeaway food, satellite TV, phones...your fault then dumbass. Live like I did and you scrape by and can afford to pay your damn debts.

Like I say tho, I do agree with Gutter Chris too .

Back