This is fight to see-- Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams II

Steward says a lot of dumb shit, even when pacquiao was fighting Marg he said that Marg was too big for him and that "he could tell the size was going to be a big factor in this fight and that Manny looked to be in big trouble. He always ends up being wrong and then makes an excuse as to why he was wrong like in the fight tonight saying that "williams was fighting a great fight until the KO".

He's a good trainer, but i think he is very biased as a commentator sometimes and constantly says stupid shit.

Martinez has a lot of talent though, and i've been saying that for a few years, Him and Pacquiao are my two favorite fighters and they both have been on fire. I thought Martinez beat Williams pretty clearly in the first fight, he took a clear UD against pavlik and then KO's Williams in 2 rounds. I wouldn't mind seeing Pacquiao going for Martinez eventually if the Mayweather fight doesn't end up happening which is a very likely possibility although i'd be worried for Pac in that fight because Sergio is heavier than anyone he's fought and is a slick fighter. If Pacquiao won though it would be a great way to secure his legacy if he doesn't end up fighting Mayweather. I'd like to see him fight Mosley, Bradley/Alexander before he tries to take on Martinez though.

Neither Pac nor Mayweather will even think about facing Martinez, especially after tonight. When was the last time you saw either one of them face a fast, slick counter puncher that was in their prime?

maybe mayweather, but pac? are you nuts? he can barely make 144lbs on weigh ins let alone fight someone whos a natural 160er

your implying that it was a "lucky punch" just because he was looking at the mat

It may seem that way to you but
trust me he had the range and timing calculated
this is a world caliber boxer we are talking about

It's not lucky in and of itself. it's lucky because it was a KTFO shot. Martinez would knock down Paul again, and vice versa.

Martinez was looking at the mat when he threw that punch.

RJJ got KTFO in the end.

It's not lucky in and of itself. it's lucky because it was a KTFO shot. Martinez would knock down Paul again, and vice versa.

....you clearly don't know much about boxing do you ?

He wasn't "looking down" (you put it like he is some kind of moron or someting!?) he was sinking his jaw down (to protect it) as he was going in for that shot...

No it wasn't "lucky shot", good Sir...

Didn't think his Royal Sexy was going to KO him that quick.

that was a really sweet knockout. Hopefully another argentinian will KTFO someone in december. :icon_twis

Steward says a lot of dumb shit, even when pacquiao was fighting Marg he said that Marg was too big for him and that "he could tell the size was going to be a big factor in this fight and that Manny looked to be in big trouble. He always ends up being wrong and then makes an excuse as to why he was wrong like in the fight tonight saying that "williams was fighting a great fight until the KO".

He's a good trainer, but i think he is very biased as a commentator sometimes and constantly says stupid shit.

Martinez has a lot of talent though, and i've been saying that for a few years, Him and Pacquiao are my two favorite fighters and they both have been on fire. I thought Martinez beat Williams pretty clearly in the first fight, he took a clear UD against pavlik and then KO's Williams in 2 rounds. I wouldn't mind seeing Pacquiao going for Martinez eventually if the Mayweather fight doesn't end up happening which is a very likely possibility although i'd be worried for Pac in that fight because Sergio is heavier than anyone he's fought and is a slick fighter. If Pacquiao won though it would be a great way to secure his legacy if he doesn't end up fighting Mayweather. I'd like to see him fight Mosley, Bradley/Alexander before he tries to take on Martinez though.

Re: Stewart - agree with you. We were talking the same about him before the Pac-Marg fight.

that was a really sweet knockout. Hopefully another argentinian will KTFO someone in december. :icon_twis

:icon_chee

That was a sweet KO my Martinez! Khan is chinny and Maidana draws you into his fight. I'd say the chances of Maidana KO are pretty high!

Just got back from AC and it was such a great event. My first live BIG fight. Paul was wearing such shiny trunks and when he fell down, it looked like a burning tree falling over. It was amazing. I was really surprised with how many Martinez fans there were, but almost everyone sitting around us was a Williams fan. When he fell i heard a bunch of cheers from the Martinez fans.. but mostly it was a bunch of "ooooooooooooooooo"'s and every one being totally shocked. I was looking around and the shock on peoples faces was awesome.

There were a lot of young people there, so I was very pleased.

There was a Hungarian guy on the under card named Zsolt Erdei, he had a HUGE cheering squad. They added a great atmosphere leading up to the fight. Then when everyone finally packed it, there was a great vibe. All the fights were pretty exciting.

Just got back from AC and it was such a great event. My first live BIG fight. Paul was wearing such shiny trunks and when he fell down, it looked like a burning tree falling over. It was amazing. I was really surprised with how many Martinez fans there were, but almost everyone sitting around us was a Williams fan. When he fell i heard a bunch of cheers from the Martinez fans.. but mostly it was a bunch of "ooooooooooooooooo"'s and every one being totally shocked. I was looking around and the shock on peoples faces was awesome.

There was a Hungarian guy on the under card named Zsolt Erdei, he had a HUGE cheering squad. They added a great atmosphere leading up to the fight. Then when everyone finally packed it, there was a great vibe. All the fights were pretty exciting.

I was there also. Actually my friends and I got in right at the start of the Zsolt Erdei fight and saw the commotion of the Hungarians. So we just walked all the way over right in there and started chanting with them just because of the fun party atmosphere. They all clear right out after that fight though.

Right before the main event we ended up just walking down to the $200 seats right above the floor thanks to the shitty security and lack of people there. The KO was great. What wasn't great was the absolutely shit production HBO(or whoever co-promoted it) had set up there. Not one fucking monitor for the audience to see a replay.

Ended up seeing Cintron on the boardwalk after the fight. We walked over and my friend bullshitted with him briefly because he from the same high school. Very cool guy.

There were a lot of young people there, so I was very pleased.

There was but the atmosphere didn't have that big championship fight feel to it. I mean they had the fight set up for half of Boardwalk hall and still had a ton of empty seats right up until the main event. Kinda of had a empty feel to it. I think they had around 5,500 there and it hold around 15,000. Still fun and the main event exceeded expectations.

I mean they had the fight set up for half of Boardwalk hall and still had a ton of empty seats right up until the main event.

yea what the fuck. And also wtf for the monitor bullshit. You would think dibella and goosen would have that shit straight.

I watched a stream live, but just watched the HBO telecast. Jesus Christ, Emanuel Steward needed to shut the fuck up. Williams kept getting hit with overhand lefts and Steward kept repeating "Williams is fighting the perfect fight," and after the KO repeated that he was fighting great till the one punch.
He also "corrected" Jim Lampley about Martinez landing a "right" hand rather than a left. He didn't realize it was the left until he watched the replay :icon_lol:. The other funny thing was how the ref spent so much time "seperating" Martinez from Williams after the KO, even though Martinez knew he was out as soon as it landed and walked away immediately. The ref also bothered to do an official count out even though Williams was face down, out cold with his eyes wide open and looked like he was dead. :icon_lol:

I'm rooting for Williams because I think he could be this Generations Hearns, but the punches he throws put him off balance so much, this will give Sergio the opt to land some wicked counters.

I can't for this fight.

I'm still reeling from that KO, Damn.

Williams, I keep expecting him to fight like hearns, but he's just so flawed defensively
taht when he gets paired up against someone with good countering and speed, it's just painful to watch that.

im surprised too, meanwhile when its about Pacquiao they are all making a big fuss about it even though he only has 2 catch weight fights.

Maybe because the group requesting the catchweight just saw their fighter get wrecked.

Back