This is fight to see-- Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams II

Old Cat

The South
@Steel
Reaction score
This just might be the fight of the Year

The first was one of the best in past few years, high level stuff. Fantastic mid-match adjustments through out the fight without disengaging. Each man was forced to find a new line of attack when the other adapted.

It also featured a massive punch volume and connect rate by both guys. Neither man was willing to capitulate, both attempted to impose their will on the other in the face of devastating counter assaults.

This One is for the Lineal Middle Weight Title , in the line of the one held by Sugar Ray Robinson , Carlos Monzon, Marvin Hagler, Billy Conn, Harry Greb, Bob Fitzsimmons and other greats. Spanning from 1884 through today.

These two are worth successors to the Throne. Men who fight with Heart and Brains in spite of the pain their opponent is intent on delivering.

Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez -- The Champ. 45(24ko)-2
Paul "The Punisher" Williams 39(27ko)-1

And its free on HBO Nov. 20th :icon_chee

Sergio by TKO 10th round.

"He is like a rabbit, Im from da down south we now how to catch rabbits."

and the New Middle Weight Champion of the World!!!!!

I Sergio wins this fight. I see him carry the wieght better and being able to move around Williams allnight to a easy UD.

I'd like to see Sergio win, but man those judges love Pwill's style. If it goes to a decision Pwill prevails. If not, I think Maravilla TKO in the later rounds 10-12.

I hope sergio wins. He was robbed when he fought cintron and I thought he beat Williams in their first fight. That and the Paul Williams vs cintron fight was suspect. Looked to me like cintron willingly jumped out of the ring. Ever since then I've wanted to see both cintron and williams get their butts kicked

Regardless of how it ends, I havent a single doubt in my mind that this will be all-out fucking war. The first fight was fantastic and this one has all the makings of fight of the year. I cant wait...

lol bobbybrez comes back to post this crap. No wonder he was a poor mans shaggy jbear in terms of sherdog prediction contest.

Yawn.

He is like a rabbit, Im from da down south we now how to catch rabbits.

I'm hoping Martinez takes this fight but either way it should be a damn good one.

I thought Martinez narrowly won the first fight. It will be interesting too see what adjustments Williams makes now that he knows just how legit Sergio is.

I don't really care who wins - just want to see another epic battle; though if Martinez wins then there would be a better chance for a trilogy :)

Back