This is Enson Inoue

Well, I'm currently in Hawaii at the moment so its warm. Back in Japan where I live and will be headed back to next week it's cold!
Cool bruddah! Stay warm and enjoy the good weather while you can Enson! Take care m8

He already has a few
Hi Enson, it was an honour when you announced my name in that Fight in sweden. Also the trip with you to amsterdam after that fight, i will never forget ;) i'll never forget those days

Was that the same for Egan in the Lumax Cup Tournament in 1995? (I think I saw you there yelling from the sidelines lol)
I was yelling at him not to quit. His stamina was shot and he was broken.

Hi Enson, it was an honour when you announced my name in that Fight in sweden. Also the trip with you to amsterdam after that fight, i will never forget ;) i'll never forget those days
Right on!!!

Did you role much with Manabu Yamada, Kenji Kawaguchi, Kusayanagi, etc.? If so, do you have any memories of what it was like rolling with the top 170+ pound Shooto guys back in those days? I'd read you also trained some with Funaki in the run up to the Rickson bout.

Any specific memories of any of that stuff?

Shut down my social medias but loved following @Enson Inoue and your other half.
It's appreciated, sharing that much to your fanbase.
Hope destinyforever is long term success.

Oss!

Did you role much with Manabu Yamada, Kenji Kawaguchi, Kusayanagi, etc.? If so, do you have any memories of what it was like rolling with the top 170+ pound Shooto guys back in those days? I'd read you also trained some with Funaki in the run up to the Rickson bout.

Any specific memories of any of that stuff?
Yamada and all the Shooto guys were very good but didn't completely understand the proper positioning of BJJ. AS far as Funagi, when I went to roll with the Pancrase guys, at the time Funaki and Genki Sudo were the only two that were understood the fundamentals of BJJ.

A funny story is when I went to try out at Shooto they made me roll with a smaller guy in which I mounted, took his back, and to positioned him in every way. He had dangerous footlocker but had no positioning. Later I found out that guys was Nakai Yuki. A more detailed story is in my book, Live as a man, Die as a Man, Become a man.

Yamada and all the Shooto guys were very good but didn't completely understand the proper positioning of BJJ. AS far as Funagi, when I went to roll with the Pancrase guys, at the time Funaki and Genki Sudo were the only two that were understood the fundamentals of BJJ.

A funny story is when I went to try out at Shooto they made me roll with a smaller guy in which I mounted, took his back, and to positioned him in every way. He had dangerous footlocker but had no positioning. Later I found out that guys was Nakai Yuki. A more detailed story is in my book, Live as a man, Die as a Man, Become a man.

Wow--that is fascinating! Not to pester you, but I have to ask about Satoru Sayama; did you have any firsthand experience of him as a grappler or any impressions of him as such?

Wow--that is fascinating! Not to pester you, but I have to ask about Satoru Sayama; did you have any firsthand experience of him as a grappler or any impressions of him as such?
Not physically as in actual sparring but he is very knowledge. Although he is overweight he is very agile so I assume he would be able to apply what he teaches. But to be honest no I've never sparred with him.

I will be back in Hawaii at Destiny Forever from April 10th to the 19th everyday from 12-7pm.
Destiny Forever LLC
1019 Waumanu St Suite #206
Honolulu, Hawaii
2nd floor of the Kakaako Business Center. Go up the stairs closest to Waumanu St.

Your fight vs Igor Vovchanchyn is one of my favorite fights ever. I know you didn't win but HOLY SHIT that minute where you're just swinging crazy haymakers with him, absolute slugfest, and then the punishment you ate on the ground, and somehow stayed conscious.. And you tried to continue?? Superman!

Your fight vs Igor Vovchanchyn is one of my favorite fights ever. I know you didn't win but HOLY SHIT that minute where you're just swinging crazy haymakers with him, absolute slugfest, and then the punishment you ate on the ground, and somehow stayed conscious.. And you tried to continue?? Superman!

Thanks. I really did plan to die in the ring so my mind set and focus didn't waiver. Mind set and focus is what enabled me to never give up in a fight.

"Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man"

Glad you're back Enson. You are a true OG and pioneer of MMA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back