THIS IS ANNOYING

Conor's persona is one thing, you can love it or hate it, personally I don't care about that, but his privileged status is what really makes me a hater. He beats a journeyman and all of the sudden everyone think he should fight either Khabib or Usman for the belt.
How on earth does a win at WW over a LW who's got two devastating losses in his last two matches earns you a LW title shot? Or WW title shot? Conor had only 3 welterweight matches in his UFC career, and all of those 3 matches were against lightweights who combined have 26 losses. I mean, WTF?

Why can't he sit back, win 3-4 fight against LEGIT top 10 competition and then come to title shot picture? Current situation is just ridiculous and annoying.
It’s simple. Dana is Conor’s bitch

First off I don't think Cerrone is a journeyman, journeymen tend to be fighters who just kind of coast along and never climb the rankings. Cerrone won the LW title in WEC and fought for the LW title in the UFC after going on a 8 fight win streak. Cerrone is a legend, and a win over him is pretty legit, especially when you look at the list of guys who have beat him, its all killers.

With that said, Conor doesn't have to earn title shots the same way other fighters do, he's built himself as a legend in the sport and one of the biggest draws in all of combat sports. The UFC wants him as a champion, so of course they'll give him the shot if he wants it.
I agree with your view of Cerrone, but he never won the WEC title.

Back