THIS IS ANNOYING

D. Lynch

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Conor's persona is one thing, you can love it or hate it, personally I don't care about that, but his privileged status is what really makes me a hater. He beats a journeyman and all of the sudden everyone think he should fight either Khabib or Usman for the belt.
How on earth does a win at WW over a LW who's got two devastating losses in his last two matches earns you a LW title shot? Or WW title shot? Conor had only 3 welterweight matches in his UFC career, and all of those 3 matches were against lightweights who combined have 26 losses. I mean, WTF?

Why can't he sit back, win 3-4 fight against LEGIT top 10 competition and then come to title shot picture? Current situation is just ridiculous and annoying.

Why can't he sit back, win 3-4 fight against LEGIT top 10 competition and then come to title shot picture?

Dana-White-Money.jpg

It is the scope of his wins that makes the reaction so prominent.

It is the Conor way.. Backdoor to titleshots then don't defend them...Dana gotta keep that money train rolling.

First off I don't think Cerrone is a journeyman, journeymen tend to be fighters who just kind of coast along and never climb the rankings. Cerrone won the LW title in WEC and fought for the LW title in the UFC after going on a 8 fight win streak. Cerrone is a legend, and a win over him is pretty legit, especially when you look at the list of guys who have beat him, its all killers.

With that said, Conor doesn't have to earn title shots the same way other fighters do, he's built himself as a legend in the sport and one of the biggest draws in all of combat sports. The UFC wants him as a champion, so of course they'll give him the shot if he wants it.

No way Conor will beat any Legit Top 5 opponent. Heck, he's 1-1 against Nate.

^ So Accurate... it needed to be posted TWICE!! In all honesty... I absolutely understand where the haters are coming from... but lighting strikes when the Iron is Hot! Conor being in the shark tank of the LW Division... there's almost no way Conor won't be alternating Wins & Losses in the future... therefore "reducing" his Star Power. BJ Penn & Anderson are pretty much the only 2 champions that I can think of who were able to hold a belt long term without coming or specializing in a Wrestling Background! Khabib might well be the GSP of the LW Division... so it might take a "Serra" moment for him to loose the Belt!

Conor is smart enough to know this... and that's why he's already talking of bouncing around doing millions of other thing! Conor's never touching that WW strap... unless a "Bisping-esque" fighter somehow founds a way to get it! At LW he'd have to go through Khabib of the Boogeyman! In my mind... Conor looses 7-8/10 against Khabib, and 7/10 against Tony!

These are not good odds to remain a Mega-Star... so he's got to stretch that elastic as long as he can... and I don't blame him! Khabib & Tony are the only LW fighters that I've seen that were more well rounded that a Prime Bendo... and he was able to defend the strap 3 times. Out of the current crop of LW, no one's beating that other than Khabib & Tony. The rest can smoke each other on any given night! The train will stop @ 1 point... so now it's all about postponing that stop as long as possible to rake in the millions!

One tablespoon of favoritism.
Two tablespoons of laziness.
One tablespoon of WME-pressure.
One tablespoon of incompetence.

And a shitload of money.

Conor's persona is one thing, you can love it or hate it, personally I don't care about that, but his privileged status is what really makes me a hater. He beats a journeyman and all of the sudden everyone think he should fight either Khabib or Usman for the belt.
How on earth does a win at WW over a LW who's got two devastating losses in his last two matches earns you a LW title shot? Or WW title shot? Conor had only 3 welterweight matches in his UFC career, and all of those 3 matches were against lightweights who combined have 26 losses. I mean, WTF?

Why can't he sit back, win 3-4 fight against LEGIT top 10 competition and then come to title shot picture? Current situation is just ridiculous and annoying.
You mad bro?!

You can see how desperate the promotion is. They hand picked a guy who is 4:6 and a perfect matchup for Connor. Then they fought in a wrong weight class cause Conor was too lazy to cut weight. And now he is the number one contender. They are gonna destroy the sport for one big money fight.

it's the EXCITEMENT ts.

Cerrone was tailor made but mcGregor still had to deliver and you must admit that was quit a lot of damage Cerrone was wearing for 40 seconds of fight, and he was covered up in shell for probably 13 seconds.

The hype, the excitement = biggest most at stakes fights.

you're right of course mcGregor really needs to beat Justin at 155 or Masvidal (Which would itself be a HUGE fight) before title shots at 170, but the hype dictates only the biggest matchups.

McGregor goes 4 or 5 rounds with Cerrone and he'd be able to pick a Justin next. Now ppl just want most hype. Don't even blame them, it's fun.

it's the EXCITEMENT ts.

Cerrone was tailor made but mcGregor still had to deliver and you must admit that was quit a lot of damage Cerrone was wearing for 40 seconds of fight, and he was covered up in shell for probably 13 seconds.

The hype, the excitement = biggest most at stakes fights.

you're right of course mcGregor really needs to beat Justin at 155 or Masvidal (Which would itself be a HUGE fight) before title shots at 170, but the hype dictates only the biggest matchups.

McGregor goes 4 or 5 rounds with Cerrone and he'd be able to pick a Justin next. Now ppl just want most hype. Don't even blame them, it's fun.

this, plus the win is elevated somewhat because guys usually show ring rust after so long (YEARS) out of competition

I actually like seeing Conor destroying every legitimacy (although it's already low) of this so called 'sport'.

He wins FW title and leaves the division, he gets LW shot without any fight in the division and then goes on to box Mayweather.

He is allowed, so why not?

WAR CONOR

{<Mcgoat}

Dana likes money.

It’s that simple.

No way Conor will beat any Legit Top 5 opponent. Heck, he's 1-1 against Nate.

Capture.PNG Capture.PNG

But he already has lollllllllllllllllll

He beat 2 of them already and one other has been demolished by two dudes conor demolished.

Back