This is a really tough pick but after watching the difference between Jan’s striking and Izzy’s I’m.

Dude it hasn't been since Royce that a lighter fighter is 10lbs under the weight class... Unless someone else can remember some other time? This is insane that he might weigh in 12lbs under the limit

Dude it hasn't been since Royce that a lighter fighter is 10lbs under the weight class... Unless someone else can remember some other time? This is insane that he might weigh in 12lbs under the limit
But he will be faster and would pepper him punches in bunches and counter him at will!

Unless Jan utilizes his size and strength to wear izzy down in the clinch, I see him having a bad night.

He’s a slow ( compared to the MW’s izzy is used to fighting ) plodding striker who walks forward and headhunts, which is a terrible idea when facing Izzy.

One thing I am worried about tho is jan’s kicks oddly enough, he kicks hard and has huge legs, a few solid leg kicks could hinder adesanya’s movement and footwork enough for him to get on the inside where his punching power can come into play.

Basically I’m pretty comfortably picking izzy in this one, but jan’s power and durability worries me.
Jan’s kicks are no joke, and that fat welt on Reyes right side said everything about Jan’s power. With that said, Jan’s undoing will be his flurries, he’s very robotic. Reyes saw the flurries but stood his ground and got knocked out. Izzy won’t stand around for that and will snipe him.

All in all, Izzy has made the toughest fights look Izzy. This might look more like a Costa fight rather than a Gastellum.

If Jan gets his hands on Isreal he will ragdoll him and DESTROY him on the ground.

Going with Izzy because he will catch him sideways and drop him a few times before KOing him. Jan leaves himself open when he charges forward and it’s the perfect style for Izzy to drop him. I won’t be shocked if Jan wins but I’m almost 90% sure Izzy will light him up on the feet and finish him so fast. Who are u leaning towards?
I hate clickbait threads. So lame.

giphy.gif

Jan wouldn’t be a top 5 LHW in 2015.

Izzy is gonna clown this dude badly.

Then factor in how much over 205 Jan will weigh. Huge size discrepancy.

I think Jan catches Izzy when he tries to style on him.

Izzy fought a big, strong striker. Izzy literally raped him on live TV.

Jan isn't as fast as Costa, and Costa wasn't nearly fast enough for Izzy. Sure, if Jan connects once he could end the fight. But Costa didn't connect. He chased Izzy and got pieced up, dropped, and raped.

Unless Jan can use some clinch and wrestling and hold Izzy in one place to do damage, I don't see him winning this. I think Izzy by 2nd round finish

That polish power is a big equalizer. If Izzy eats one or two of those body kicks that Reyes got he's going to get a lot more stationary that we've seen in the past pretty quickly. I'm not picking Jan per se, but Izzy has not been unhittable so far.

5f7040bc74fe5b0018a8daa7

Then factor in how much over 205 Jan will weigh. Huge size discrepancy.
Okay, but Costa was much bigger as well. How did that one go?

Izzy is too fast and too accurate. He's not Anderson Silva, but certainly has similarities. How much did Griffin or Bonnar outweigh Silva? How did those fights go?

Okay, but Costa was much bigger as well. How did that one go?

Izzy is too fast and too accurate. He's not Anderson Silva, but certainly has similarities. How much did Griffin or Bonnar outweigh Silva? How did those fights go?

Where did i say Jan will win? Dude was pointing out Izzys weight and i just stated that Jan will be bigger than 205. And to clarify Costa weighed more but was significantly more stumpy than Izzy, Jan isnt a TRex like him.

Where did i say Jan will win? Dude was pointing out Izzys weight and i just stated that Jan will be bigger than 205. And to clarify Costa weighed more but was significantly more stumpy than Izzy, Jan isnt a TRex like him.
True, Jan is a larger person, not just jacked like Costa.

I still struggle to see Jan winning outside of catching Izzy with a punch that Izzy doesn't see coming, especially if Izzy decides to clown like Anderson did vs Weidman.

But I think Izzy is too smart for that, and certainly too quick for that, too

Unless Jan utilizes his size and strength to wear izzy down in the clinch, I see him having a bad night.

He’s a slow ( compared to the MW’s izzy is used to fighting ) plodding striker who walks forward and headhunts, which is a terrible idea when facing Izzy.

One thing I am worried about tho is jan’s kicks oddly enough, he kicks hard and has huge legs, a few solid leg kicks could hinder adesanya’s movement and footwork enough for him to get on the inside where his punching power can come into play.

Basically I’m pretty comfortably picking izzy in this one, but jan’s power and durability worries me.

Pretty much this. If Jan gets a hold of him I think he has the obvious strenght and grappling advantage.
Also, they'll be fighting in the small octagon, right? Which I'd say plays in the favour of Jan.

Jan will pummel his opponent and then sub him with his black belt bjj skills.
It's going to look rather easy.

i think it will either look like the costa fight or the romero fight.

I expect Adesanya to be slower than we've ever seen him moving up in weight. He'll be faster than Jan but not by much. I don't think he can stop the takedown if Jan really goes for it either. It's those wild exchanges that Jan is known for where Izzy is really dangerous. He should avoid those charges and focus on catching Adesanya on the fences. The key will be mixing it up with takedowns. Rockhold also moved up from middle-weight and he couldn't match Jan's strength on the cage. It's Izzy's right-hand counter that poses the greatest threat; for Jan it's the left-hook as Izzy circles to his right off the cage.
he's fighting in a higher weight class, but Izzy isn't moving up in weight, he's not doing anything different.. the guy isn't going to be slower, he already said don't be surprised if he weighs in at 193!!!... he's doing nothing different probably will be outweighed by like 30 or 40lbs... if anything he's going to be faster than he normally is. Unlike Rockhold who put on weight Izzy aint

Izzy.. picked the perfect time to try and grab that LHW belt... Jan is a worth adversary, but i'm putting odds at slim of him winning.. Jan has a chance but not the best odds

he's fighting in a higher weight class, but Izzy isn't moving up in weight, he's not doing anything different.. the guy isn't going to be slower, he already said don't be surprised if he weighs in at 193!!!... he's doing nothing different probably will be outweighed by like 30 or 40lbs... if anything he's going to be faster than he normally is. Unlike Rockhold who put on weight Izzy aint

Are you sure that he will not put on weight? I didn't see any current pictures of him, but there a good reasons to put on weight... more than not to do so. So it could be only a bluff of Izzy.

Back